Final Lesson on Wall Street Bailouts

Somebody somewhere is always on a lucky streak, it happens at the craps table too.

$35 billion under management, going strong through this recession after 35 years is a long long long lucky streak isn't it ??????????
Simons himself made $2.5 billion in 2008

Last edited:
I'm an institutional money manager. I had a front row seat to the financial crisis. I kept my group away from subprime mortgages, and I profited from the collapse. So, no, I don't need to learn anything from an ideological hack who labours to type more than five sentences at a time.

It takes only a few words to defeat a liberal. For example, can you say what caused the crisis?
Banks!! I'm a CONSERVATIVE and YOU are an idiot.:lol::lol:

Somebody somewhere is always on a lucky streak, it happens at the craps table too.

$35 billion under management, going strong through this recession after 35 years is a long long long luck streak isn't it ??????????
Simons himself made $2.5 billion in 2008
And you still live in a mobile home looking like a "tough guy" on the internet. Moron.:lol:

I've read ALL of your posts on this thread. You're stupid. BTW I am a CONSERVATIVE and YOU embarrass me.

I'm an institutional money manager. I had a front row seat to the financial crisis. I kept my group away from subprime mortgages, and I profited from the collapse. So, no, I don't need to learn anything from an ideological hack who labours to type more than five sentences at a time.

It takes only a few words to defeat a liberal. For example, can you say what caused the crisis?

I see, but what role did the Fed play and Fanny Freddie?? Why do NYTIMES( liberal) and WSJ( conservative) think Fed caused crisis??
Why do best economists on both sides agree it was Fed???

"First consider the once controversial view that the crisis was largely caused by the Fed's holding interest rates too low for too long after the 2001 recession. This view is now so widely held that the editorial pages of both the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal agree on its validity!"...John B. Taylor( arch conservative, author of the Taylor Rule)

" The Federal reserve having done so much to create the problems in which the economy is now mired, having mistakenly thought that even after the housing bubble burst the problems were contained, and having underestimated the severity of the crisis, now wants to make a contribution to preventing the economy from sinking into a Japanese Style malaise....... - "Joseph Stiglitz"

I see, but what role did the Fed play and Fanny Freddie?? Why do NYTIMES( liberal) and WSJ( conservative) think Fed caused crisis??
Why do best economists on both sides agree it was Fed???

"First consider the once controversial view that the crisis was largely caused by the Fed's holding interest rates too low for too long after the 2001 recession. This view is now so widely held that the editorial pages of both the NY Times and the Wall Street Journal agree on its validity!"...John B. Taylor( arch conservative, author of the Taylor Rule)

" The Federal reserve having done so much to create the problems in which the economy is now mired, having mistakenly thought that even after the housing bubble burst the problems were contained, and having underestimated the severity of the crisis, now wants to make a contribution to preventing the economy from sinking into a Japanese Style malaise....... - "Joseph Stiglitz"

Brutus, are you saying holding the interest rates freakishly low and allowing anyone to borrow money was done to keep the economy moving until something randomly good happened because the Fed knew the economy has sucked since the dot com bubble at least?

Brutus, are you saying holding the interest rates freakishly low and allowing anyone to borrow money was done to keep the economy moving

yes that is the basic Keynesian idea, but it is mistaken because non free market rates create bubbles that burst and cause recessions.

Last edited:
I agree the bailout was successful, but there were definitely those who reaped billions while the rest of the country suffered. I honestly believe Goldman needs to be put under the microscope for their actions.

Far more importantly , it needs to be broken up so it's not too big to fail

Forum List

Back