Figures… Obama “Truth Team” Sends Out Email: Obamacare Is Not a Tax – It’s a Penalty

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Stephanie, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    links in article at site
    vote these people out of our lives

SNIP:
    That didn’t take long.
    After the Supreme Court confirmed yesterday that Obamacare is really just a ‘big f***ing tax’ the Obama Truth Team is already backing away from the ruling. Yesterday it was a tax. Today’s it’s not.

Friend –

I’d love to take a moment to savor yesterday’s Supreme Court decision, but we don’t have time.

Already, Mitt Romney and Republicans are out with outright falsehoods about Obamacare — their favorite distortion being that this is somehow a broad tax on the middle class. In reality, this is all about personal responsibility — and the “tax” they are trying to scare everyone about is actually a penalty for the 1 percent of people who can afford insurance but still choose not to buy it, leaving the rest of us to pay for their health care when they head to the emergency room.

Just like they did when the bill was before Congress, Republicans are playing fast and loose with the truth, making up scary consequences to keep you from knowing all the good things Obamacare does. They’re not telling the truth about what this reform means for millions of middle-class Americans, so I need you to help get the facts out there.

the rest at..
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-email-obamacare-is-not-a-tax-its-a-penalty/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It's a tax. The SC said so.

3. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    When the Republicans roll it back in January, perhaps the butthurt Leftists can get the Supremes to decide.

LOL

4. ecinicola

ecinicola Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I see they are using the power of words again to make you a believer in this isssue. If you believe anything they are saying you are being fooled. Its a tax, and going to cost all of us. They are forcing people to buy insurance even if you can't afford it, and if you don't the irs comes after you and if you don't pay the penalty, its jail. Your liberaty and freedoms have been taken with this obamacare. Fact.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,433
    i don't know... it was a penalty when romney enacted it.

:thup:

but i'm guessing you haven't read the decision, so of course you should repeat what the rightwingnut blogosphere says.

congrats for supporting the wackos, though. :thup:

reality: it is the job of the supreme court to uphold legislation on any possible constitutional basis.

i thought you hated activist judges. you really should complain to scalia about that whole activist thing.

6. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    RomneyCare is a STATE issue

Don't let them distract you with that

7. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,328
    Hey Staph and all of you idiots supporting the presently failed health care system in the US.

I, and at least half the rest of the voting Americans, do not care what you call it. I would like to see a system here where over 750,000 American families a year are not going to be bankrupted by an illness or an accident. I would like to see our health stastics equal to other industrial nations, instead of being similiar to third world nations.

Tax? Penalty? Who cares. Fix a failing system before it crashes completely. It is not like we don't have working models in other nations that are far more successful than what we have at present.

8. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,389
    I noticed the letter did not mention all the other taxes in the Health Care Bill.

9. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223

'Greater good' Marxism leads to destruction.

10. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    we know you don't care. and you know that saying about wanting..