Figures… Obama “Truth Team” Sends Out Email: Obamacare Is Not a Tax – It’s a Penalty

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site
vote these people out of our lives

SNIP:
That didn’t take long.
After the Supreme Court confirmed yesterday that Obamacare is really just a ‘big f***ing tax’ the Obama Truth Team is already backing away from the ruling. Yesterday it was a tax. Today’s it’s not.

Friend –

I’d love to take a moment to savor yesterday’s Supreme Court decision, but we don’t have time.

Already, Mitt Romney and Republicans are out with outright falsehoods about Obamacare — their favorite distortion being that this is somehow a broad tax on the middle class. In reality, this is all about personal responsibility — and the “tax” they are trying to scare everyone about is actually a penalty for the 1 percent of people who can afford insurance but still choose not to buy it, leaving the rest of us to pay for their health care when they head to the emergency room.

Just like they did when the bill was before Congress, Republicans are playing fast and loose with the truth, making up scary consequences to keep you from knowing all the good things Obamacare does. They’re not telling the truth about what this reform means for millions of middle-class Americans, so I need you to help get the facts out there.

the rest at..
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...t-email-obamacare-is-not-a-tax-its-a-penalty/

I see they are using the power of words again to make you a believer in this isssue. If you believe anything they are saying you are being fooled. Its a tax, and going to cost all of us. They are forcing people to buy insurance even if you can't afford it, and if you don't the irs comes after you and if you don't pay the penalty, its jail. Your liberaty and freedoms have been taken with this obamacare. Fact.

It's a tax. The SC said so.

i don't know... it was a penalty when romney enacted it.

:thup:

but i'm guessing you haven't read the decision, so of course you should repeat what the rightwingnut blogosphere says.

congrats for supporting the wackos, though. :thup:

reality: it is the job of the supreme court to uphold legislation on any possible constitutional basis.

i thought you hated activist judges. you really should complain to scalia about that whole activist thing.

RomneyCare is a STATE issue

Don't let them distract you with that

Hey Staph and all of you idiots supporting the presently failed health care system in the US.

I, and at least half the rest of the voting Americans, do not care what you call it. I would like to see a system here where over 750,000 American families a year are not going to be bankrupted by an illness or an accident. I would like to see our health stastics equal to other industrial nations, instead of being similiar to third world nations.

Tax? Penalty? Who cares. Fix a failing system before it crashes completely. It is not like we don't have working models in other nations that are far more successful than what we have at present.

Hey Staph and all of you idiots supporting the presently failed health care system in the US.

I, and at least half the rest of the voting Americans, do not care what you call it. I would like to see a system here where over 750,000 American families a year are not going to be bankrupted by an illness or an accident. I would like to see our health stastics equal to other industrial nations, instead of being similiar to third world nations.

Tax? Penalty? Who cares. Fix a failing system before it crashes completely. It is not like we don't have working models in other nations that are far more successful than what we have at present.

'Greater good' Marxism leads to destruction.

we know you don't care. and you know that saying about wanting..

The salient point is it's a discriminatory tax and as such a violation of the fourteenth amendment. This bill targets a fringe minority (ironically the small group of prudent people with the good sense to realize that the we're getting fucked by the insurance companies) and punishes them to solve problems caused by the stupidity of the majority.

RomneyCare is a STATE issue

Don't let them distract you with that

Children that have to be ill enough to go the emergency room before they can recieve medical care is an issue in every state of the Union. Therefore, it is far more than just a 'state' issue. Families that lose their homes and all their resources because of an illness or accident is a fact in every state, therefore more than just a 'state' issue.

What the 'Conservatives' are saying is that we should accept that we have medical stats like a third world nation, because our present system makes a very few people really wealthy at the expense of tens of millions of other American Citizens.

Yeah right.
That's why those who can afford it come here for their health care needs, because we have a third world health care system. :cuckoo:

The salient point is it's a discriminatory tax and as such a violation of the fourteenth amendment. This bill targets a fringe minority (ironically the small group of prudent people with the good sense to realize that the we're getting fucked by the insurance companies) and punishes them to solve problems caused by the stupidity of the majority.

To the discriminatory part, why would it be different than a progressive tax system where the wealthy are targeted to pay more than their share?

B-b-b-b-but old rocks, you have forgotten the conservative mantra! it's all about me, me, me. Mine, mine, mine...

There is a reason conservatives are selfish fuckers..dontcha know...

B-b-b-b-but old rocks, you have forgotten the conservative mantra! it's all about me, me, me. Mine, mine, mine...

There is a reason conservatives are selfish fuckers..dontcha know...

Liberal projection.

LOL

And when the 'prudent' people end up in the emergency room, the rest of us get to pay for their care. 'Prudent' as in irresponsible.

The ACA has the beginnings of the end of the for profit health insurance companies in it with the requirement that at least 80% of the revenue collected go back into the care of the insured. That is what is upsetting people like you. The poor Health Care Companies CEO's might have to take a few less tens of millions annually in pay. And not be able to deny people the health care that they have been paying for for years.

Who cares? Those whom are paying taxes care. The system was fine until Government meddling.

IDIOT.

Forum List

Back