Fifty year old trans swimmer sparks outrage

Yes, that is true. But it is a question of balance. There was a time when there was an overbalance towards the spiritual and a hatred towards the material (i.e. Gnostic Christianity). Today there is a trend towards the love of the material and a hatred of the spiritual.

I much prefer embracing both aspects of existence; the material and the spiritual. With neither the material nor the spiritual dominating the other but coexisting peacefully in one being... me.
That's good! You're being civil and you've at least conveyed to us your logic. As long as the two don't clash in your own mind then you might be fine!
You're always welcome to ignore atheists pointing out that the reality of creation and evolution can't be true together. The discussion can go on without you but it has to go on.

It's causing those such as Braylock to think and not to continue blindly trying to ignore the truth. Albeit, it's going to cause him and some others some considerable pain, frustration, and rage.

Last edited:
It's not my perception. I didn't come up with the idea. It's been around for quite some time. Would you like for me to provide you the citations?
You may have lost track of what we were talking about, but go ahead with your citations.
I'm not sure there is more to elaborate on than I have already shared. Atheists see no higher order or purpose of man than his satisfaction of material needs and animal impulses. Which makes sense because to atheists, humans are nothing more than matter. There is no higher purpose. And if there is no higher purpose than all there is is the satisfaction of material needs and animal impulses.
You're expecting me to believe that I need religion to be something more than matter??
Or to have a purpose in life?

I don't think that's a real Christian talking! You've shown me sometimes that you're better than that.

I don't feel hate for you. I feel a need to help you understand better, because of all the Christians on this board, it's you that is closest to breaking away from religious superstitious beliefs the most.

And fwiw, Blaylock is a close second, judging by his emotional outbursts.

That's good! You're being civil and you've at least conveyed to us your logic. As long as the two don't clash in your own mind then you might be fine!
You're always welcome to ignore atheists pointing out that the reality of creation and evolution can't be true together. The discussion can go on without you but it has to go on.

It's causing those such as Braylock to think and not to continue blindly trying to ignore the truth. Albeit, it's going to cause him and some others some considerable pain, frustration, and rage.
I'm almost always civil. So don't act all surprised. You on the other hand use a thin veil in your attempts to subordinate religion and condemn respect for people of faith.

You may have lost track of what we were talking about, but go ahead with your citations.
I haven't maybe you have. So just as soon as you catch up, let me know. Otherwise the citations wouldn't mean anything to you.

You're expecting me to believe that I need religion to be something more than matter??
Or to have a purpose in life?
I'm not expecting anything from you other than what your mission is here; to subordinate religion and condemn respect for people of faith.

I don't feel hate for you. I feel a need to help you understand better, because of all the Christians on this board, it's you that is closest to breaking away from religious superstitious beliefs the most.
There's that thin veil I was speaking of.

Growing and progress sometimes requires extraordinary solutions.

Can we begin by declaring that viewing physical differences is not dirty?

Canada has a long way to go to match Europe's progress and a long way to go to distance ourselves from America's choice of 19th. century attitudes!

An adult discussion would be appropriate. Be assured that jesus won't mind and nobody is going to hell for looking at another person's body.
Apples and oranges. A 50 year old man and teen girls is not the same as a nudist beach.

Forum List

Back