Fewer Tax Deductions for the Wealthy, No Tax Hikes on Middle Class

The majority of poor, working class, middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, where the rich go on a full blown 5 star feast, and the economy will tank even further.

dumb ass...

"Media Trackers is a conservative",...

:lol::lol: Yeah, using an ultra-right wing propaganda site as the source, what a joke.

Media Trackers is a conservative non-profit, non-partisan investigative watchdog dedicated to promoting accountability in the media and government across Wisconsin through cutting edge research and communications initiatives.

you also ignored the fact that their sources of information were the IRS, Gallup, WI state government, Milwaukee-Wisconsin journal Sentinel, etc. I guess they are all right wing hack sites, huh, dumb ass.

Last edited:
What Romney and Ryan say, may be what isn't the real deal?

Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say
Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Now Romney's response was that that's a liberal point of view, however,,,,,,
"Policy influence

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office, as well as influenced policies of deregulation, broad-based tax reform, welfare reform, and foreign aid.[17] It is ranked the number one think tank in the U.S. in the annual think tank index published by Foreign Policy,[18] of the 200 most prominent think tanks in the U.S., the Brookings Institution's research is the most widely cited by the media.[19][20] In a 1997 survey of congressional staff and journalists, Brookings ranked as the second-most influential and first in credibility among 27 think tanks.[21] Moreover, “Brookings and its researchers are not so concerned, in their work, in affecting the ideological direction of the nation” and rather tend “to be staffed by researchers with strong academic credentials”.[21] Along with the American Enterprise Institute and The Heritage Foundation, Brookings is generally considered one of the three most influential policy institutes in the U.S"
Brookings Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office,

Those are credentials......:lmao:

:lol::lol::lol: Nice rebuttal. Who is the most creditable of the top think tanks? (Just to help you, it's bolded in my post :eusa_hand:)

Really! Another tax break for the wealthy. How are they going to pay for the loss of revenue.
We already tried this and it was a catasrophe, how short a memory some have.

Really! Another tax break for the wealthy. How are they going to pay for the loss of revenue.

do try to keep up. At lest read the OP before you whine.
"And if we limit or eliminate some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end, we keep the current progressivity of the (tax) code and we get the same revenue coming into the government. And one marvelous thing we get is more growth of the economy.

What Romney and Ryan say, may be what isn't the real deal?

Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say
Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Now Romney's response was that that's a liberal point of view, however,,,,,,
"Policy influence

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office, as well as influenced policies of deregulation, broad-based tax reform, welfare reform, and foreign aid.[17] It is ranked the number one think tank in the U.S. in the annual think tank index published by Foreign Policy,[18] of the 200 most prominent think tanks in the U.S., the Brookings Institution's research is the most widely cited by the media.[19][20] In a 1997 survey of congressional staff and journalists, Brookings ranked as the second-most influential and first in credibility among 27 think tanks.[21] Moreover, “Brookings and its researchers are not so concerned, in their work, in affecting the ideological direction of the nation” and rather tend “to be staffed by researchers with strong academic credentials”.[21] Along with the American Enterprise Institute and The Heritage Foundation, Brookings is generally considered one of the three most influential policy institutes in the U.S"
Brookings Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office,

Those are credentials......:lmao:

:lol::lol::lol: Nice rebuttal. Who is the most creditable of the top think tanks? (Just to help you, it's bolded in my post :eusa_hand:)

The one that's first, not second? Ask a stupid question....:D

Believe it or not I do have it covered.
Read more an then make a comment.

"And if we limit or eliminate some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end, we keep the current progressivity of the (tax) code and we get the same revenue coming into the government. And one marvelous thing we get is more growth of the economy.

"I do want to bring taxes down for middle income people," he said. "In particular, I want middle income Americans not to have to pay taxes on interest and dividends and capital gains."

LMAO!! What a fucking idiot. He wants to eliminate taxes on capital gains to "bring down taxes on the middle class"? :lol::lol:

That is the biggest loopole for the wealthy. Low rate capital gains

How gullible does he think the middle class is?

Answer: They have been buying into this line of shit for years

Some people in the middle class inherit shares of stocks and currently would have to pay a tax on the stock's Capital Gains and Dividend distributions.

In the end lower taxes on capital gains and dividends, will result in more shares of stock bought. With the increase in revenue, companies can expand and create new jobs.

"I do want to bring taxes down for middle income people," he said. "In particular, I want middle income Americans not to have to pay taxes on interest and dividends and capital gains."

LMAO!! What a fucking idiot. He wants to eliminate taxes on capital gains to "bring down taxes on the middle class"? :lol::lol:

That is the biggest loopole for the wealthy. Low rate capital gains

How gullible does he think the middle class is?

Answer: They have been buying into this line of shit for years

Some people in the middle class inherit shares of stocks and currently would have to pay a tax on the stock's Capital Gains and Dividend distributions.

In the end lower taxes on capital gains and dividends, will result in more shares of stock bought. With the increase in revenue, companies can expand and create new jobs.

Stop spreading logic. You want to be labeled a racist? :eusa_silenced:

My 401k is funded with capital gains....................are you just leaping before you look here out of partisanship?

The majority of poor, working class, and middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, but the rich go on a full blown 5 star pork barreled feast, and the economy will tank even further.

True I might have like 20k in there so I'm not saving a whole hell of a lot with a cap gains cut. But didn't he say he was going to eliminate the loopholes for the rich with this stuff too?

(In other words, "I won't change a damned thing, and everything will be much better.")

LOL

Re-read your quote.

"Eliminating loopholes and deductions at the high end......." Right there shows something changing.

" . . . we keep the current progressivity of the [tax] code and we get the same revenue."

There's change you can believe in . . .

Exactly, cut loopholes for the top earners and take that increased revenue and spread it out with lower middleclass taxes while being able to allow the working poor to continue to keep the bush era effective tax rate of zero......yes that sounds great to me and almost sounds like what Obama wants to do but instead of raising taxes on the rich Romney just wants to eliminate their deductions/exemptions that only rich people can claim.

You must not own a home.or much of anything else.

My 401k is funded with capital gains....................are you just leaping before you look here out of partisanship?

The majority of poor, working class, and middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, but the rich go on a full blown 5 star pork barreled feast, and the economy will tank even further.

True I might have like 20k in there so I'm not saving a whole hell of a lot with a cap gains cut. But didn't he say he was going to eliminate the loopholes for the rich with this stuff too?

Willard claims he's going to eliminate loopholes, but we all know that's total BS. Obama has tried to pass legislation to do so and the GOP shot it down.
Hell even fox was going after one of Willard's spokespeople about what loopholes he would close, and he couldn't give him an answer.

Believe it or not I do have it covered.
Read more an then make a comment.

I assume the part I highlighted above is what you're referring to?

Please, show me where we eliminated the loopholes and eliminated the capital gains taxes in the past, and how that did not work.

You don't understand capital gains. It's a barrier between the investor and the investment! See a simpleton like you thinks that only the super-rich get hit with capital gains, however, anyone who has a pension, 401K, IRA, Mutual funds, education IRA, stocks, bonds or any type of investment vehicle or retirement gets hit with capital gains.

When businesses get more of the money from their investors then then have more more to expand. It makes perfect sense!

You are an extreme idiot arent you.

Repubs suggest what democrats do and you still bitch.

No worries though.

I understand your comprehension skills are to come online next year.

LOL look at all you right wing idiots throwing a pissy fit when I called out willard on his BS. :D :clap2:

I am laughing at you, make no mistake.

You should try reading what you are really bitching about.

You do personify stupid though..

Its cool, we need guys like you here.
LOL!! I don't care who you are.. this was funny!!!!!:badgrin:

Last edited:

You don't understand capital gains. It's a barrier between the investor and the investment! See a simpleton like you thinks that only the super-rich get hit with capital gains, however, anyone who has a pension, 401K, IRA, Mutual funds, education IRA, stocks, bonds or any type of investment vehicle or retirement gets hit with capital gains.

When businesses get more of the money from their investors then then have more more to expand. It makes perfect sense!

It's the same excuse as "trickle down" of "oh, if we just give more to the rich, they will expand business and create jobs!" Which is complete bullshit.
All it does is makes the rich even richer, and funds their new elevators for cars fund.
The biggest question is how does Willard expect to pay for this massive give-a-way for the rich? The answer is he doesn't have one, which would send us soaring into even more debt.

It is class warfare - with the middle class bein' killed off...
:eek:
Census: Middle class shrinks to an all-time low
September 12,`12 - The vise on the middle class tightened last year, driving down its share of the income pie as the number of Americans in poverty leveled off and the most affluent households saw their portion grow, new census data released Wednesday showed.
Income inequality increased by 1.6 percent, the Census Bureau said in its annual report on poverty, income and health insurance. This was the biggest one-year increase in almost two decades and suggested that a trend in place since the late 1970s was picking up steam. As a snapshot of a nation recovering from one of its worst recessions ever, the census report had both shadows and highlights. Median household income declined $777, to $50,054 before taxes. But the poverty rate, which many experts had predicted would rise to rates unseen in nearly half a century, inched down a hair to 15 percent, a decline of about 100,000 people. And fewer Americans were without health insurance, largely because of a provision in the 2010 health-care law allowing young adults to stay on their parents’ policies.

The new census statistics, coming out just two months before the presidential election, should fuel the ongoing debate over the shrinking middle class, income inequality and a gnawing fear that for many, the American dream is receding out of reach. This week, the Pew Research Center said a third of Americans now identify themselves as lower class or lower-middle class, up from a quarter four years ago. Among young adults, the percentage who see themselves as occupying the bottom of the heap is even higher. For many economists, the most troubling statistics were those on income inequality underscoring the middle-class squeeze. The 60 percent of households earning between roughly $20,000 and $101,000 collectively earned 46.6 of all income, a 1.5 percent drop. In 1990, they shared over 50 percent of income. In contrast, the census data show, the top fifth rose 1.6 percent in 2011 after several years of decline during the recession. The biggest gains went to the top 5 percent, who earn more than $186,000; their share of income jumped almost 5 percent in a single year.

Scholars said the disparate numbers underscore the many prisms through which different groups of people view the anemic economic recovery. “It explains the disconnect between the numbers saying there’s slow improvement and job growth, and the way people feel, because they haven’t recovered,” said Sarah Burd-Sharps, co-director of Measure of America at the Social Science Research Council. “It’s partly because the recovery has mostly been felt at the top.” Tim Smeeding, director of the Institute for Research on Poverty at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, said the working class, whose pay tops out about $62,000, are bearing the brunt of the income squeeze. “Their pay rate has gone down, the number of hours that everyone in the house works has gone down, their homes have lost value,” he said. “These are the people really ravaged by the recession.” The political reaction to the census data was immediate.

MORE

Romney's statements don't add up. It's impossible to craft a tax plan that lowers rates in the way he claims without raising taxes on the middle class that also doesn't increase the deficit.

Willard claims he's going to eliminate loopholes, but we all know that's total BS. Obama has tried to pass legislation to do so and the GOP shot it down.
Hell even fox was going after one of Willard's spokespeople about what loopholes he would close, and he couldn't give him an answer.

Obama could have passed this type of stuff, instead of healthcare which people didn't even want, in his first 2 years when he had total control of the house/senate. I'm sure Romeny can do the same if he keeps a majority in at least one of the two houses by using political pressure to force members of the other house to play along.

(that is if he wins)

Forum List

Back