Fewer Tax Deductions for the Wealthy, No Tax Hikes on Middle Class

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Romney: Fewer Tax Deductions for the Wealthy, No Tax Hikes on Middle Class
By Susan Jones
September 10, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - "We're not going to have high income people pay less of the tax burden than they pay today. That's not what's going to happen," Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

"I do want to bring taxes down for middle income people," he said. "In particular, I want middle income Americans not to have to pay taxes on interest and dividends and capital gains."Asked whether his plan would reduce the deficit, Romney said it would: "And if we limit or eliminate some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end, we keep the current progressivity of the (tax) code and we get the same revenue coming into the government. And one marvelous thing we get is more growth of the economy. Romney said his tax policy is designed to encourage more hiring: "I'm very concerned that we have 23 million people that are out of work or stopped looking for work or under-employed. And so everything I want to do with regards to taxation follows simple principles, which is bring our rates down to encourage growth, keep revenue up by limiting deductions and exemptions and make sure we don't put any bigger burden on middle income people. In fact, I want to lower the burden on middle income people.

Asked to give an example of a loophole he would close, Romney avoided specifics:

"Well, I can tell you that people at the high end, high income taxpayers, are going to have fewer deductions and exemptions. Those-- those numbers are going to come down. Otherwise, they'd get a tax break.

"And I want to make sure people understand, despite what the Democrats said at their convention, I am not reducing taxes on high income taxpayers. I'm bringing down the rate of taxation, but also bringing down deductions and exemptions at the high end so the revenues stay the same, the taxes people pay stay the same.

"Middle income people are going to get a break. But at the high end, the tax coming in stays the same. But we encourage small business, because small business is able to keep more of what it makes and therefore hire more people, which is my priority."

Romney's running mate Paul Ryan, appearing on ABC's "This Week," also avoided specifics:

“We want to have this debate with Congress,” Ryan said, in response to a question about which tax breaks he and Romney would eliminate:

“We want to do this with the consent of the elected representatives of the people and figure out what loopholes should stay or go and who should or should not get them. And our priorities are high income earners should not get these kinds of loopholes.”

Romney told NBC he will balance the budget by the end of his second term.

"Doing it in the first term would cause, I believe, a dramatic impact on the economy. Too -- too dramatic. And therefore the steps I've put in place and we've put together a plan that lays out how we get to a balanced budget within eight to 10 years."

"I do want to bring taxes down for middle income people," he said. "In particular, I want middle income Americans not to have to pay taxes on interest and dividends and capital gains."

LMAO!! What a fucking idiot. He wants to eliminate taxes on capital gains to "bring down taxes on the middle class"? :lol::lol:

"I do want to bring taxes down for middle income people," he said. "In particular, I want middle income Americans not to have to pay taxes on interest and dividends and capital gains."

LMAO!! What a fucking idiot. He wants to eliminate taxes on capital gains to "bring down taxes on the middle class"? :lol::lol:

Don't pretend you possess the same business and economic expertise as Mitt Romney. Nor should you advocate to speak on his behalf when we heard what he said for ourselves. You liberals love propaganda. You put Hanoi Jane to shame... Oh wait a minute.. She's a liberal too.. Imagine that.

That is the biggest loopole for the wealthy. Low rate capital gains

How gullible does he think the middle class is?

Answer: They have been buying into this line of shit for years

You are an extreme idiot arent you.

Repubs suggest what democrats do and you still bitch.

No worries though.

I understand your comprehension skills are to come online next year.

No worries though.

LOL look at all you right wing idiots throwing a pissy fit when I called out willard on his BS. :D :clap2:

Last edited:

My 401k is funded with capital gains....................are you just leaping before you look here out of partisanship?

"And if we limit or eliminate some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end, we keep the current progressivity of the (tax) code and we get the same revenue coming into the government. And one marvelous thing we get is more growth of the economy."
(In other words, "I won't change a damned thing, and everything will be much better.")

LOL

"And if we limit or eliminate some of the loopholes and deductions at the high end, we keep the current progressivity of the (tax) code and we get the same revenue coming into the government. And one marvelous thing we get is more growth of the economy."
(In other words, "I won't change a damned thing, and everything will be much better.")

LOL

Re-read your quote.

"Eliminating loopholes and deductions at the high end......." Right there shows something changing.

My 401k is funded with capital gains....................are you just leaping before you look here out of partisanship?

The majority of poor, working class, and middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, but the rich go on a full blown 5 star pork barreled feast, and the economy will tank even further.

Last edited:

LOL

Re-read your quote.

"Eliminating loopholes and deductions at the high end......." Right there shows something changing.

" . . . we keep the current progressivity of the [tax] code and we get the same revenue."

There's change you can believe in . . .

The majority of poor, working class, middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, where the rich go on a full blown 5 star feast, and the economy will tank even further.

dumb ass...

Middle Class Benefits Most from Capital Gains Tax Cut | Media Trackers

A national Gallup poll conducted earlier this year discovered that even with all of the instability in the markets over the past several years, 54% of American households own stock or have some sort of investment vehicle.

According to the IRS, in 2008 more than 3.1 million of the 3.3 million who reported the sale of capital investments of some sort (excluding personal residences) had incomes of less than $200,000.

73% of those who report the sale of capital investments make less than $100,000 per year
In Wisconsin...

Those who made $50,000 or less annually accounted for 57% of those reporting the sale of capital investments.

Last time I checked math, 57% was larger than 43%... meaning, a majority.

LOL

Which is very similar to Obama's plan of more of the same which he states at every campaign stop.

No worries though.

LOL look at all you right wing idiots throwing a pissy fit when I called out willard on his BS. :D :clap2:

I am laughing at you, make no mistake.

You should try reading what you are really bitching about.

You do personify stupid though..

Its cool, we need guys like you here.

What Romney and Ryan say, may be what isn't the real deal?

Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say
Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Now Romney's response was that that's a liberal point of view, however,,,,,,

Policy influence

"Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office, as well as influenced policies of deregulation, broad-based tax reform, welfare reform, and foreign aid.[17] It is ranked the number one think tank in the U.S. in the annual think tank index published by Foreign Policy,[18] of the 200 most prominent think tanks in the U.S., the Brookings Institution's research is the most widely cited by the media.[19][20] In a 1997 survey of congressional staff and journalists, Brookings ranked as the second-most influential and first in credibility among 27 think tanks.[21] Moreover, “Brookings and its researchers are not so concerned, in their work, in affecting the ideological direction of the nation” and rather tend “to be staffed by researchers with strong academic credentials”.[21] Along with the American Enterprise Institute and The Heritage Foundation, Brookings is generally considered one of the three most influential policy institutes in the U.S"
Brookings Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

No worries though.

I am laughing at you, make no mistake.

You should try reading what you are really bitching about.

You do personify stupid though..

Its cool, we need guys like you here.

he's 'challenged'. He thinks that 43% is a majority.

What Romney and Ryan say, may be what isn't the real deal?

Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say
Mitt Romney’s tax plan would offer big cuts to millionaires, raise taxes on middle class, Brookings analysts say - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Now Romney's response was that that's a liberal point of view, however,,,,,,
"Policy influence

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office, as well as influenced policies of deregulation, broad-based tax reform, welfare reform, and foreign aid.[17] It is ranked the number one think tank in the U.S. in the annual think tank index published by Foreign Policy,[18] of the 200 most prominent think tanks in the U.S., the Brookings Institution's research is the most widely cited by the media.[19][20] In a 1997 survey of congressional staff and journalists, Brookings ranked as the second-most influential and first in credibility among 27 think tanks.[21] Moreover, “Brookings and its researchers are not so concerned, in their work, in affecting the ideological direction of the nation” and rather tend “to be staffed by researchers with strong academic credentials”.[21] Along with the American Enterprise Institute and The Heritage Foundation, Brookings is generally considered one of the three most influential policy institutes in the U.S"
Brookings Institution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brookings traces its history back to 1916 and has contributed to the creation of the United Nations, the Marshall Plan, and the Congressional Budget Office,

Those are credentials......:lmao:

The majority of poor, working class, middle class either don't, or have little amounts of investments that would be largely impacted with capital gains, but the rich sure do.

It's like trying to sell the W tax cuts all over again when they pitch a few tiny scraps to the middle class, where the rich go on a full blown 5 star feast, and the economy will tank even further.

dumb ass...

"Media Trackers is a conservative",...

:lol::lol: Yeah, using an ultra-right wing propaganda site as the source, what a joke.

dumb ass...

"Media Trackers is a conservative",...

:lol::lol: Yeah, using an ultra-right wing propaganda site as the source, what a joke.

easily more credible than anything you ever come up with, dumb ass. I think you need another board vacation. Go do something stupid again please. We could all use a rest from you.

Forum List

Back