Feral homophobes viciously attack man taking a photo

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Man's beating at Detroit gay pride festival caught on tape - CNN.com

- The beating of a gay man during a gay pride festival in Detroit over the weekend was caught on camera.

Christin Howard, a 20-year-old hair dresser, was attacked by a group of men on Detroit's Riverwalk during the Motor City Pride event on Sunday. A video shot by a bystander shows the group kicking and punching Howard.

Christin told CNN affiliate WXYZ he was taking a picture with a friend when things suddenly turned violent.

A group of men began to "gay bash" him, he said, hurling anti-gay slurs his way. Then they started to physically attack him.

"I just thought I was going to die. At one point I thought they were going to kill me," Howard said.

The attack left Howard bruised with a bloody eye, cuts and a broken finger, leaving him unable to sleep or work.

David Wait, chair of Motor City Pride, called the incident troubling, adding that he'd noticed "record attendance on Sunday and we took steps to increase security." Wait praised police for their "swift efforts" at investigating the crime.

"No one should have to endure an attack like Christin Howard did ... pride celebrations offer people in our communities an opportunity to feel safe in expressing our authentic selves," said Yvnoone Siferd, director of victim services for Equality Michigan.

As for Howard, he is on the fence about returning to the festival next year.

"I'm kind of iffy about it now, because I don't want that same incident to happen again," he said. "What if the same guys (are) down there?"

The Detroit Police Department is investigating and calls the attack a hate crime.

"We know about the video. We are seeking public assistance in identifying people in the video," said Nicole Kirkwood, a public information officer for the Detroit Police Department.

Pretty bad when people can't even enjoy a pride parade without feral homophobes violently and viciously ganging up on one person.

- The beating of a gay man during a gay pride festival in Detroit over the weekend was caught on camera.

Christin Howard, a 20-year-old hair dresser, was attacked by a group of men on Detroit's Riverwalk during the Motor City Pride event on Sunday. A video shot by a bystander shows the group kicking and punching Howard.

Christin told CNN affiliate WXYZ he was taking a picture with a friend when things suddenly turned violent.

A group of men began to "gay bash" him, he said, hurling anti-gay slurs his way. Then they started to physically attack him.

"I just thought I was going to die. At one point I thought they were going to kill me," Howard said.

The attack left Howard bruised with a bloody eye, cuts and a broken finger, leaving him unable to sleep or work.

David Wait, chair of Motor City Pride, called the incident troubling, adding that he'd noticed "record attendance on Sunday and we took steps to increase security." Wait praised police for their "swift efforts" at investigating the crime.

"No one should have to endure an attack like Christin Howard did ... pride celebrations offer people in our communities an opportunity to feel safe in expressing our authentic selves," said Yvnoone Siferd, director of victim services for Equality Michigan.

"I'm kind of iffy about it now, because I don't want that same incident to happen again," he said. "What if the same guys (are) down there?"

The Detroit Police Department is investigating and calls the attack a hate crime.

"We know about the video. We are seeking public assistance in identifying people in the video," said Nicole Kirkwood, a public information officer for the Detroit Police Department.
Pretty bad when people can't even enjoy a pride parade without feral homophobes violently and viciously ganging up on one person.

Responding to stupid racism with stupid homophobia posts just makes you look dumb.

2 things that DON'T surprise me about this article.

1. That the gay guy was black.

2. That the attackers were black.

It's surprising. Knowing the author of this thread, if they were white, I'm sure the title would have read:

Racist, Homophobic, Hate Filled Tea Partiers and Republicans try to murder gays- Gun's suspected, GOP Gerrymandering part of reason.

I probably left something out though.

Hope the guy from the OP is okay!

CaféAuLait;9397020 said:

It's surprising. Knowing the author of this thread, if they were white, I'm sure the title would have read:

Racist, Homophobic, Hate Filled Tea Partiers and Republicans try to murder gays- Gun's suspected, GOP Gerrymandering part of reason.

I probably left something out though.

Hope the guy from the OP is okay!

Though the thread is not funny, that statement sure was! :lol:

The word "feral" is used too often on the board, the race of victim & attackers irrelevant.

Can your titles get anymore outrageous ?

good grief you are so dramatic

you have a thing with violence, like you get off on it

you post a lot of it

When blacks are killing each other any other day in Detroit, Luddy doesn't give a shit. But since it's "gay pride day" in Detroit, suddenly Luddy is outraged by the "Feral" thuggary.

What do faggots have to be proud of? Getting fisted up the ass or drinking each others piss? Is it the pride from getting various objects shoved up a one-way trap door or is it all about getting shagged up the wazzoo by some other AIDS-infested faggot? :cuckoo:

Thank you, Luddly, for this helpful account of the hate that is so pervasive with homophobia running rampant in today's world. It is deemed unfortunate that in this day and age people are subjected to such heinous crimes and can't even go out to enjoy themselves in public without monstrous animals like these attacking them.

But I don't want for people to think that this is only an isolated attack. There have been many more attacks on Gay and Lesbian citizens stemming from the belief that Straights are far superior and this is just plain wrong. Just take a look at what has happened with ill-thinking people attacking GLBT citizens and there are yet many more such cases. They could be your children or those of a close friend or neighbor.

Unfinished Lives Remembering LGBT Hate Crime Victims gay teens « Unfinished Lives

76 CRIMES | The struggle to repeal 76 countries? anti-gay laws and release gay prisoners there

Police investigate death threat directed at gay student - Rick Kupchella's ? BringMeTheNews.com

Federal prosecutors charge Texas man with hate crime in attack on gay man ? LGBTQ Nation

Bullied 11-year-old ?brony? clings to life following suicide attempt ? LGBTQ Nation

Funny how its okay with the usual suspects to refer to blacks as "feral" but you throw a fit if its used to describe a homophobe who attacked an innocent man.

Hypocrite much?

Unfortunately, I think the recent legal rulings permitting gay marriages are resulting in increased reprisals against the LGBT community. Not unlike what happened during racial integration.

Forum List

Back