Feminism and Governor Palin

Then I'm sure you're going to disagree with my reasoning for it! Or... maybe not... Maybe you'll understand it...
Nope I won't disagree with your reasoning behind "it" but since you haven' presented your "reasoning behind it" I Dunno Bro ... lets argue . :D

You must give her credit for trying to reclaim it though. Also, you do realize that most of what Bill did in presidency was because of Hilary (good or bad). She was stuck between a rock and hard place at the time, and you can't entirely blame her, with the media frenzy and all that shit, she didn't even have time to berate Bill for his stupidity.

Sorry.... I give her no credit "for trying to reclaim it". I was thoroughly disgusted by her address to the women at Rutgers following the "Ohhh.... that's just terrible" Imus remarks made. Standing in front of them, challenging them, encourging them. Made me want to puke. And how did she handle Bill's interference during the campaign? Oh, I'm sure there were a few private "Bill, you just can't say those things in public" moments. Did you see her stand up to him in public? Once? When he made an idiot out of her with his big mouth? Didn't think so.

Sorry, but I am weighing the good of the country with the bad as well into this. Again most of Bill's policies were actually hers, so regardless of personal feelings she would have been far better than what we wound up with. A choice between a failed American Idol and an intelligent woman who is just a glutton for punishment ... I would have to say the glutton, since it wouldn't have impacted the country nearly as much.

i see.... You believe that her policies were better than Obama's? Can you be more specific?

Sorry.... I give her no credit "for trying to reclaim it". I was thoroughly disgusted by her address to the women at Rutgers following the "Ohhh.... that's just terrible" Imus remarks made. Standing in front of them, challenging them, encourging them. Made me want to puke. And how did she handle Bill's interference during the campaign? Oh, I'm sure there were a few private "Bill, you just can't say those things in public" moments. Did you see her stand up to him in public? Once? When he made an idiot out of her with his big mouth? Didn't think so.

Sorry, but I am weighing the good of the country with the bad as well into this. Again most of Bill's policies were actually hers, so regardless of personal feelings she would have been far better than what we wound up with. A choice between a failed American Idol and an intelligent woman who is just a glutton for punishment ... I would have to say the glutton, since it wouldn't have impacted the country nearly as much.

i see.... You believe that her policies were better than Obama's? Can you be more specific?

Right now .. no ... memory is very short term. I do remember that she was more conservative with budget planning than Obama is.

Right now .. no ... memory is very short term. I do remember that she was more conservative with budget planning than Obama is.

Hmmm.... Since Hillary accused Obama of stealing Bill's economic policies, and you believe that Hillary's policies were Bill's, I fail to see how hers could be more conservative.

dunno ALLBiz, you're one of the sharpest posters on this site but if you cannot see that Hillary Clinton was much more in command than Barak Obama then I personally don't know how to 'xplain it to you other than .. Obama is a left wing nut ... Hillary is a confused centrist (former Goldwater girl, so can't be all bad) that at the very least knows when not to take her own left wing ideas seriously ;)

Hmmm.... Since Hillary accused Obama of stealing Bill's economic policies, and you believe that Hillary's policies were Bill's, I fail to see how hers could be more conservative.

Haven't heard that one yet. If he did then ... well ... we still would have wound up where we were. But from what she said on the campaign trail, I was impressed with her then, but again, short term memory so I can't remember exactly why now.

dunno ALLBiz, you're one of the sharpest posters on this site but if you cannot see that Hillary Clinton was much more in command than Barak Obama then I personally don't know how to 'xplain it to you other than .. Obama is a left wing nut ... Hillary is a confused centrist (former Goldwater girl, so can't be all bad) that at the very least knows when not to take her own left wing ideas seriously ;)

I give her credit for guts and for using every possible means at her disposal to "work the system". It was the most interesting campaign that comes to mind.

Did you enjoy their love-fest regarding the fence at the Texas border, BTW? Oh, and how about that 3 a.m. readiness thing? Any thoughts on her memory lapses? Oh wait... Those were intentional.... Until she got caught at any rate.

Give me any policy you believe was infinitely better than Obama's, and I'll give you an opinion -- just I did Kitten's.

I give her credit for guts and for using every possible means at her disposal to "work the system". It was the most interesting campaign that comes to mind.

Did you enjoy their love-fest regarding the fence at the Texas border, BTW? Oh, and how about that 3 a.m. readiness thing? Any thoughts on her memory lapses? Oh wait... Those were intentional.... Until she got caught at any rate.

Give me any policy you believe was infinitely better than Obama's, and I'll give you an opinion -- just I did Kitten's.

I have memory lapses ... if it's not on my computer or in my notebook I can't remember. I am not awake enough right now to do research, and yes it would require such, as I said twice (or is it thrice) now ... I just can't remember for the life of me exactly why I liked her better than Obama. I know I didn't like Obama, and still don't, aside form a few decent decisions, he's just glitz and glamor.

Haven't heard that one yet. If he did then ... well ... we still would have wound up where we were. But from what she said on the campaign trail, I was impressed with her then, but again, short term memory so I can't remember exactly why now.

Well, see.... This is exactly the problem I see when people are making their decision to go pull the handle. They're impressed with what they hear, which isn't a whole lot, but they can't seem to articulate what it is they're impressed about.

This isn't intended as a rant on Kitten. Just sayin', that's exactly what happened for at least 15 long months of pre-election debating. The majority didn't start paying attention until the general election camaign got in gear, and by then, the focus was on the economy. That majority didn't know what the hell any of the candidates had said about anything!

I have memory lapses ... if it's not on my computer or in my notebook I can't remember. I am not awake enough right now to do research, and yes it would require such, as I said twice (or is it thrice) now ... I just can't remember for the life of me exactly why I liked her better than Obama. I know I didn't like Obama, and still don't, aside form a few decent decisions, he's just glitz and glamor.

Well THAT response wasn't to you, so you didn't have to say it again.... Besides, I have excellent recall.... :)

Same here bro, still wanted my BOY (Ron Paul) to become President but I did watch the Marxist ...er Democratic Party run-off... Hillary should have won... better person for the country than the "messiah" ... "Change we Can Believe In" ... My @ss..

Nope, not aware of what you are referring to only saying that she was a superior choice to Der Fuhrer Obama.....

Good question and one I'll have to think about since I'm just reacting on my impression that Hillary was much more moderate than Obama .. so I owe ya one..;)

Well, see.... This is exactly the problem I see when people are making their decision to go pull the handle. They're impressed with what they hear, which isn't a whole lot, but they can't seem to articulate what it is they're impressed about.

This isn't intended as a rant on Kitten. Just sayin', that's exactly what happened for at least 15 long months of pre-election debating. The majority didn't start paying attention until the general election camaign got in gear, and by then, the focus was on the economy. That majority didn't know what the hell any of the candidates had said about anything!

It's alright, I understand what you are saying, but my memory isn't that good, so unless I have need of something I forget it quite quickly, and once Obama got that damned ticket I pretty much forgot everything about Hillary, can't even spell her name right half the time. ;) But I don't base my final decisions on what the media gives us, as a matter of fact that's precisely why I didn't vote at all this time. McCain there was a lot I knew about, while he was running for the ticket I looked into it, Palin I just didn't know anymore than the media had to offer, which was pretty bad, and what people online were chatting about, which let's face it, is mostly just L-v-R stuff anyway, then Obama was just a "star" and nothing more. So I just said fuck it and stayed home (well, and worked to but meh). Hillary I had to go back a bit, but it was easier to see based on what Bill had done, since I remember that most of his policies were made by her, so based on what little new information I found, combined with the fact that Bill didn't ruin the country, I had a good idea of what Hillary would do ... nothing to better. But Obama, all I knew was he was good at speeches, on camera, and smooth talking, and I am always suspicious when "no names" are good at that.

It's alright, I understand what you are saying, but my memory isn't that good, so unless I have need of something I forget it quite quickly, and once Obama got that damned ticket I pretty much forgot everything about Hillary, can't even spell her name right half the time. ;) But I don't base my final decisions on what the media gives us, as a matter of fact that's precisely why I didn't vote at all this time. McCain there was a lot I knew about, while he was running for the ticket I looked into it, Palin I just didn't know anymore than the media had to offer, which was pretty bad, and what people online were chatting about, which let's face it, is mostly just L-v-R stuff anyway, then Obama was just a "star" and nothing more. So I just said fuck it and stayed home (well, and worked to but meh). Hillary I had to go back a bit, but it was easier to see based on what Bill had done, since I remember that most of his policies were made by her, so based on what little new information I found, combined with the fact that Bill didn't ruin the country, I had a good idea of what Hillary would do ... nothing to better. But Obama, all I knew was he was good at speeches, on camera, and smooth talking, and I am always suspicious when "no names" are good at that.

Nice job of 'xplaining it while 'xplaining why you weren't qualified to 'xplain it Kitty ! I for one appreciate your humility :clap2:

Nice job of 'xplaining it while 'xplaining why you weren't qualified to 'xplain it Kitty ! I for one appreciate your humility :clap2:

:lol: Tired right now ... need sleep but busy with something that I can't stop for a bit. At least you got the idea I was getting at ... mostly.

[
:lol: Tired right now ... need sleep but busy with something that I can't stop for a bit. At least you got the idea I was getting at ... mostly.
Yes I did Kitty , you 'xplained your point nicely .. I was jus' trying to be humorous :D

Okay, let me try to take them one at a time.
Kinda hard to forget about Hillary when Obama got the nomination 'cause then there was all this chatter about "Is he going to choose Hillary as his VP? Will she accept? Can they put aside their differences?" THEN you had the uproar when he DIDN'T choose her and McCain DID choose a woman. Holy shit....
Then, I'm pretty sure we already covered "the vote", although I don't recall you tellin' me that you didn't bother. It's okay, I'm not going to beat up on you for it. I took a beating for "wasting" one. You did know that Paul endorsed someone else, didn't you?
I'd say that the purpose of "people chatting" is to learn if they can -- at least those that are really interested. And aren't those the people that are here, for the most part? L-v-R definitely, but at least armed with SOME information instead of ignorance of EVERYTHING.
I'm not interested in someone riding in on another's coattails, and for every argument I was given, during this gruesomely long campaign, I was able to point out that Hillary's platform / experience was woefully lacking. Oh, and BTW, recollection should remind you that had Bill not let her interfere with health care, we might not be talking about it now, 'cause he had the second best chance in our history to get it done -- but failed.
Obama was absolutely wonderful at DELIVERING a prepared speech. Now ask me how many times I dissected one for a fawning liberal to point out the problems with it. "What didn't you like about it?" "What part do you disagree with?" Geezus.... "How much time do you have?" LOL
Finally, I was not always quite so interested or passionate about this, so I understand the apathy and the foolish "Pied Piper" syndrome. I came to realize that even if my voice doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, it makes a difference to me.

Same here bro, still wanted my BOY (Ron Paul) to become President but I did watch the Marxist ...er Democratic Party run-off... Hillary should have won... better person for the country than the "messiah" ... "Change we Can Believe In" ... My @ss..

Nope, not aware of what you are referring to only saying that she was a superior choice to Der Fuhrer Obama.....

Good question and one I'll have to think about since I'm just reacting on my impression that Hillary was much more moderate than Obama .. so I owe ya one..;)

Okay, first let's get one thing outta the way. It's "sis", not "bro". :)

I said somewhere else, in a rebuttal, that I paid more attention to the candidates, especially Obama (since he ultimately lastest the longest), that I would guarantee that I know more about what Obama said than most liberals. There's no better way to know whether or not he's living up to his promises or THEIR expectations!

I wasn't real big on Ron Paul, but I did take his endorsement seriously.

I was referring to 1.) both of them saying that fencing wasn't required in certain areas; 2.) her ad about being ready to respond to a 3 a.m. phone call; and 3.) memories such as touching down in Bosnia under sniper fire.

Oh, and take your time.... I'm in no hurry....
:)

And I get that.... Not nice to debate against someone who's handicapped.... LOL

Forum List

Back