Feminism and Governor Palin

LIke she had a choice with the Republicans holding the House and senate for six of eight years? I keep trying to explain to all and sundry that the Budget is almost never everything the president wants when when the loyal opposition holds the house and senate the president is lucky if it even resembles remotely anything the president wants. We got as close to a balanced budget under the Clintons as we did because the Republicans shoved it up their ass.

Sorry.... I give her no credit "for trying to reclaim it". I was thoroughly disgusted by her address to the women at Rutgers following the "Ohhh.... that's just terrible" Imus remarks made. Standing in front of them, challenging them, encourging them. Made me want to puke. And how did she handle Bill's interference during the campaign? Oh, I'm sure there were a few private "Bill, you just can't say those things in public" moments. Did you see her stand up to him in public? Once? When he made an idiot out of her with his big mouth? Didn't think so.

Sorry, but I am weighing the good of the country with the bad as well into this. Again most of Bill's policies were actually hers, so regardless of personal feelings she would have been far better than what we wound up with. A choice between a failed American Idol and an intelligent woman who is just a glutton for punishment ... I would have to say the glutton, since it wouldn't have impacted the country nearly as much.

i see.... You believe that her policies were better than Obama's? Can you be more specific?

Obama must have thought so. While attacking her Healthcare policy several times both in speaches and via ad's on TV...he certainly had no problem stealing her idea now that he is the idiot in charge. Not that I like that policy,but the Oblah blah is nothing if not a flip flopper and con man who plays both sides of every issue and lies out his ass.

Sorry, but I am weighing the good of the country with the bad as well into this. Again most of Bill's policies were actually hers, so regardless of personal feelings she would have been far better than what we wound up with. A choice between a failed American Idol and an intelligent woman who is just a glutton for punishment ... I would have to say the glutton, since it wouldn't have impacted the country nearly as much.

i see.... You believe that her policies were better than Obama's? Can you be more specific?

Obama must have thought so. While attacking her Healthcare policy several times both in speaches and via ad's on TV...he certainly had no problem stealing her idea now that he is the idiot in charge. Not that I like that policy,but the Oblah blah is nothing if not a flip flopper and con man who plays both sides of every issue and lies out his ass.

Except that isn't what I asked, is it? I'm not defending Obama, if that's where you're coming from. I'll be more than happy to pull up an analysis of the Obama / Clinton / McCain health care proposals for you, if I can still locate it, and discuss them.

This isn't about the election, Soaring.
OK, then if this is about her being capable of being POTUS in 2012, then I say no. And, it is not because she is a beautiful female. It's because I was not convinced by her speeches during the prelims that she knew much of anything about politics at the national level. She would have to serve some time in the Senate of the US for several years in order to gain the knowledge of how Washington works. She is perfectly happy in Alaska raising her family, fishing, hunting and dealing with local politics. She seems quite happy living that life, and would be put into a very distraught situation if suddenly placed in the White House in the middle of Washington DC. A whole different environment.

Republicans don't elect senators to the Presidency. It's happened once in the 150 year span of the Republican party. Being elected a senator is one of the worst paths to the presidency.

Who would that be ?

Hmmm.... If the serial womanizer referred to is Bill Clinton, that would make the spouse/woman who lost her voice Hillary.

You must give her credit for trying to reclaim it though. Also, you do realize that most of what Bill did in presidency was because of Hilary (good or bad). She was stuck between a rock and hard place at the time, and you can't entirely blame her, with the media frenzy and all that shit, she didn't even have time to berate Bill for his stupidity.

But did she do it because she felt it was the right thing to do as a wife and mother or did she do it as a political calculation so that she could further her own political ambitions.

If she did it for the former, then I would not fault her decision no matter what it was. That's a personal decision about what is right in her life and that should be up to her and no one else.

If the latter is the case, it is open to public scrutiny and people should take into account that she is the type of woman who is willing to sell her personal life to advance her public life. That should speak volumes as to what kind of person she is.

I don't know the answer to those questions, but I think that's the analysis.

Forum List

Back