Felons Voting In Maryland Primary Today. Both Democrats Running Say It's Okay

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
3575999045_463b396de0.jpg

Rapists and murderers are voting today in the Maryland Primary.

I don't understand why Democrats feel that one of the rights they lost when they were convicted of a felony should be reinstated, but not all of them. Why don't they get their rights to own guns back too? Jesus, the damage criminals can do with the vote is much worse than what they can do with a gun.

Democrats have been busy behind the scenes on this issue since the Clinton Administration. As of March 10 Maryland felons got the right to vote as soon as they are released from prison. It appears this is why Obama has been letting out thousands of them all over the country. http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/felon-voting-rights.aspx

I'm waiting for the first liberal to call me an idiot for not knowing this was going on all along.

felondisenfranchisement.jpg

Yet states have been changing voting for felons for several years. But some people seem to think this is a new phenomena..

Most--though not all--recent state legislation seeks to expand felon voting rights and ease the process of restoration. Between 1996 and 2008, 28 states passed new laws on felon voting rights.

• Seven repealed lifetime disenfranchisement laws, at least for some ex-offenders.
  • Two gave probationers the right to vote.
  • Seven improved data-sharing procedures among state agencies.
  • Nine passed requirements that ex-offenders be given information and/or assistance in regaining their voting rights at the time they complete their sentence.
  • Twelve simplified the process for regaining voting rights, for instance, by eliminating a waiting period or streamlining the paperwork process.

Whatever it takes to thin the herd of repub office holders is fine with me.
And that's exactly why this is a bad idea. You on the left feel that this will end up well for you. But electing criminal low-lifes will be the only result.

Democrats support murder, rape, law-breaking....etc.

If they have been rehabilited, than yes they have my support.

Democrats are teaching kids that cops are bad.....and with this change, they're saying criminals are good people.
All democrats, or just the ones you are trying to take a wild guess on?
I'm not taking a wild guess......Hillary has long advocated letting felons vote....and states have been implementing it behind the scenes since 1996. Bernie Sanders said recently that he was for it......probably to stick with his nice guy image.

Democrats are teaching kids that cops are bad.....and with this change, they're saying criminals are good people.
All democrats, or just the ones you are trying to take a wild guess on?
I'm not taking a wild guess......Hillary has long advocated letting felons vote....and states have been implementing it behind the scenes since 1996. Bernie Sanders said recently that he was for it......probably to stick with his nice guy image.
Seems the states are agreeing to stop disenfranchisement on voting.....

Jesus, the damage criminals can do with the vote is much worse than what they can do with a gun.
Yes, you are an idiot if you believe that.
You are an idiot if you think it's not true. A bad president or Governor can do much more damage than a thug with a gun.
So that being the case, anyone who votes can do as much damage with their vote as they can do with a gun, right.

Let me guess, only if they vote for a Democrat, right?

Make no mistake about it, you are the idiot.

About 25% of the total US adult black population has a felony, while 6.5% of adult non-blacks have a felony conviction. About 8.6% of the adult population has a felony conviction.
What Percentage of The US Adult Population Has a Felony Conviction?

I heard the eight-point-something overall percent on a podcast yesterday. Seemed high to me and so before posting it here I googled the question which resulted in above. I won't vouch for the source, but the overall number did pretty well match what I heard. It's clear that the Democrats want felonies to vote so that a big hunk of their support isn't disenfranchised.

About 25% of the total US adult black population has a felony, while 6.5% of adult non-blacks have a felony conviction. About 8.6% of the adult population has a felony conviction.
What Percentage of The US Adult Population Has a Felony Conviction?

I heard the eight-point-something overall percent on a podcast yesterday. Seemed high to me and so before posting it here I googled the question which resulted in above. I won't vouch for the source, but the overall number did pretty well match what I heard. It's clear that the Democrats want felonies to vote so that a big hunk of their support isn't disenfranchised.
Can you prove that they will only vote for the democratic party, or that they will vote at all?

If you have paid your debt to society you should have your voting/gun rights restored.

Forum List

Back