Fellow Conservatives I am entering the battle of my life time

very few people pay their bills out of their own pockets. they either have insurance, medicare, or medicaid, or they just don't pay.

Do you understand why you get a bill for $25 for one aspirin and then the insurance pays the hopital $0.25 for it? the hospital writes off $24.75 as a loss for tax purposes, its a game, grow up.

People do not file bankruptcy solely for unpaid medical bills, to claim otherwise is just being ignorant of the facts.

You are an idiot. Not everyone has insurance. For example, if a person is between jobs, has an emergency, and winds up at the emergency room, once they are employed again, the hospital can get a court order against you, and garnish your wages.

It's not rocket science, and you can simply google what I'm saying.

they could, but they don't. thats the point, fool.

Now, if you have any brains and are between jobs you buy a temporary short term medical policy, they are very inexpensive and cover any major medical issues. But that would require taking personal responsibility, something you libs do not understand.

I already provided you with two links that say the opposite, and here you are with nothing...again.

thats funny, your links prove my point, did you bother reading them?

what they said is that 60% of bankruptcy filings have some medical bills in them. No where do they say that anyone has ever filed bankruptcy solely due to medical bills.

Maybe this cart will help. See that big blue area?

fe4df3f8b.png

Earlier this year, the financial-advice company NerdWallet found that medical bankruptcy is the number-one cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. With a new report out today, the company dug into how, exactly, medical treatment leaves so many Americans broke.

Americans pay three times more for medical debt than they do for bank and credit-card debt combined, the report found. Nearly a fifth of us will hear from medical-debt collectors this year, and they'll gather $21 billion from us, collectively.

It's worth noting that the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate and Medicaid expansion might alleviate some of this debt strain over the coming years. But otherwise, patients have few options beyond attempting to research hospital charges ahead of time—which is probably the furthest thing from a person's mind when they are most in need of a hospital.

Why Americans Are Drowning in Medical Debt

Discussion

In 2013 over 20% of American adults are struggling to pay their medical bills, and three in five bankruptcies in 2014 will be due to medical bills. While we are quick to blame debt on poor savings and bad spending habits, our study emphasizes the burden of health costs in causing widespread indebtedness. Medical bills can completely overwhelm a family when illness strikes.

Furthermore, 25 million people hesitate to take their medications in order to control their medical costs. This can lead to even worse financial outcomes as patients avoid preventive care and instead use expensive ambulance and ER care as their health worsens.

Finally, many question whether President Obama’s universal health insurance mandate will protect Americans from problems with medical bills. Insurance is no silver bullet. Even with insurance coverage, we expect 10 million Americans will face bills they are unable to pay.

• 56M Americans under age 65 will have trouble paying medical bills
    – Over 35M American adults (ages 19-64) will be contacted by collections agencies for unpaid medical bills
    – Nearly 17M American adults (ages 19-64) will receive a lower credit rating on account of their high medical bills
    – Over 15M American adults (ages 19-64) will use up all their savings to pay medical bills
    – Over 11M American adults (ages 19-64) will take on credit card debt to pay off their hospital bills
    – Nearly 10M American adults (ages 19-64) will be unable to pay for basic necessities like rent, food, and heat due to their medical bills
  • Over 16M children live in households struggling with medical bills
  • Despite having year-round insurance coverage, 10M insured Americans ages 19-64 will face bills they are unable to pay
  • 1.7M Americans live in households that will declare bankruptcy due to their inability to pay their medical bills
    – Three states will account for over one-quarter of those living in medical-related bankruptcy: California (248,002), Illinois (113,524), and Florida (99,780)
  • To save costs, over 25M adults (ages 19-64) will not take their prescription drugs as indicated, including skipping doses, taking less medicine than prescribed or delaying a refill.
NerdWallet Health finds Medical Bankruptcy accounts for majority of personal bankruptcies - NerdWallet

Facts have never stopped the RWers from spewing their nutty opinions before. They just dismiss facts as being from a "liberal source."

The leftist answer for everything is to create an ever growing bureaucracy, siphoning off money meant to help people, to support the bureaucracy. The Clintons are very good at siphoning off money for personal gain. Which is why their foundation spent 80% of the money raised to employ their friends and family and to support their lavish lifestyle. The preexisting conditions thing could have been easily fixed without destroying the whole system, but those people are good fodder for you leftist

ok ncwj. :cuckoo:
You're not a very deep thinker are you?..That's common with leftist :slap:

i think you should save those criticisms for the braindead rightwingnut shills... you know, like the psychotic, drug addled o/p.
More proof of my statement:eusa_wall:

you wish. :cuckoo:

but you are amusing... sort of... if by amusing one means a misogynist loser who lies compulsively and has no sense of reality.

Most all your posts are flame room material, not much there really, almost child like. These idiots spent almost a billion dollars on a web-site. how many people could we have paid thier insurance from that alone. Instead of sending it to Michelle Obama's crony friends? You you liberals are pretty much a joke,not really thinking people. The leftist in government use you as fodder.... Wake up:slap:

you really think reality concerns them?

glad you have coverage now.
The leftist answer for everything is to create an ever growing bureaucracy, siphoning off money meant to help people, to support the bureaucracy. The Clintons are very good at siphoning off money for personal gain. Which is why their foundation spent 80% of the money raised to employ their friends and family and to support their lavish lifestyle. The preexisting conditions thing could have been easily fixed without destroying the whole system, but those people are good fodder for you leftist

ok ncwj. :cuckoo:
You're not a very deep thinker are you?..That's common with leftist :slap:

i think you should save those criticisms for the braindead rightwingnut shills... you know, like the psychotic, drug addled o/p.

and you would have to actually think before you could comment on those things in others.

but you don't... so it's all good. you can go back to hating anyone who isn't a rightwingnut neocon wackjob now.

I don't hate you sweetie. As a Jew i love you actually. TD is psychotic?..not hardly. Who's really the hater here?

Justin appointed 9 fewer cabinet ministers than Harper. Chrétien also appointed fewer cabinet ministers than Mulroney. So much for the notion that Conservatives shrink government and Liberals enlarge it.

Forum List

Back