Feinstein: "No Brownies, Just Smoke 'Em"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Well she didn't confine herself to brownies, also hit flavorings. Funny thing, both parties got behind her on this latest hit to personal responsibility. Hiding behind, "It's for the children," they go draconian:

Senate Votes to Double Fines, Jail Time for Pot Brownies | FDL Action

Senate Votes to Double Fines, Jail Time for Pot Brownies
By: Michael Whitney Friday July 30, 2010 8:23 am

Dianne Feinstein's Reefer Madness (graphic by twolf1)

Last night the United States Senate voted to double the penalties for the nation’s newest existential threat: brownies made with marijuana!

The Senate unanimously passed Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)’s “Saving Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009″ (S. 258) that targets pot brownies and other marijuana edibles preferred by some medical marijuana patients. The bill next moves to the House; if it passes that chamber, anyone making pot brownies or similar products could be subject to double the fines and jail time for regular marijuana.

This bill’s passage marks a step backwards for Congress, which this week also passed the Fair Sentencing Act that reduced the sentencing disparities between cocaine and crack from 100:1 to 18:1. Now we have a new disparity: pot brownies and other marijuana edibles are now treated as something twice as bad as just distributing marijuana...

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
so lessseee if I gots theeeese right.. demonRats want to fine people for making marijuana brownies at the same time they wanna legalize marijuana? these folks eat too many froot loops

Well she didn't confine herself to brownies, also hit flavorings. Funny thing, both parties got behind her on this latest hit to personal responsibility. Hiding behind, "It's for the children," they go draconian:

Last night the United States Senate voted to double the penalties for the nation’s newest existential threat: brownies made with marijuana!

The Senate unanimously passed Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)’s “Saving Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009″ (S. 258) that targets pot brownies and other marijuana edibles preferred by some medical marijuana patients. The bill next moves to the House; if it passes that chamber, anyone making pot brownies or similar products could be subject to double the fines and jail time for regular marijuana.

This bill’s passage marks a step backwards for Congress, which this week also passed the Fair Sentencing Act that reduced the sentencing disparities between cocaine and crack from 100:1 to 18:1. Now we have a new disparity: pot brownies and other marijuana edibles are now treated as something twice as bad as just distributing marijuana...

I guess we all MISSED the part where the House has to approve it for it to become Law. The reality is that the Senate is more conservative in its approach to just about any issue.

Last I checked MJ was still ILLEGAL. And I prefer it STAY that way.

My god! these anti-hemp passive aggressives are such clueless assholes.

I guess we all MISSED the part where the House has to approve it for it to become Law. The reality is that the Senate is more conservative in its approach to just about any issue.

Last I checked MJ was still ILLEGAL. And I prefer it STAY that way.

Hmm, Pelosi is in the House, she initiated the bill. It unanimously passed the House. You really think we didn't realize it's a bill, not a law? :lol:

Last edited:
Hmm, Pelosi is in the House, she initiated the bill. It unanimously passed the House. You really think we didn't realize it's a bill, not a law? :lol:

This wasn't initiated in the House, it's a Senate bill (hence the S in "S. 258"). I was trying to figure out why Pelosi's name is in the title of this thread myself.

This wasn't initiated in the House, it's a Senate bill (hence the S in "S. 258"). I was trying to figure out why Pelosi's name is in the title of this thread myself.

Ok, I'm feeling better. That's how I read it too, then went, 'duh', Pelosi is in House and went and edited my post. Weird.

Of course, the Dems in Congress must be Liberal. After all, Liberals are all for jailing those who have anything to do with ma-OWAI, no they don't.

Shit, I'm feeling terrible. Notice the time on my op? Way too tired, insomnia. It should be Feinstein, not Pelosi.

I apologize.

Moderator, please change title. Please!

Shit, I'm feeling terrible. Notice the time on my op? Way too tired, insomnia. It should be Feinstein, not Pelosi.

I apologize.

Oh brother.....I'd have never known the difference: House, Senate, Pelosi, Feinstein, Democrat, Republican......waisting legislative time on this stupidity while the Nation struggles through two wars and economic implosion is criminal.

I apologize.

Oh brother.....I'd have never known the difference: House, Senate, Pelosi, Feinstein, Democrat, Republican......waisting legislative time on this stupidity while the Nation struggles through two wars and economic implosion is criminal.

I agree with the stupidity of the bill, that's the reason for the op. I just hate when I get something like a title wrong. :lol:

I apologize.

I agree with the stupidity of the bill, that's the reason for the op. I just hate when I get something like a title wrong. :lol:

stay away from brownies.

stay away from brownies.

Nah, probably coffee at 4 am, when I really needed to stay in bed.

Forum List

Back