Feds are using aircraft to drop millions of rabies vaccines throughout the Eastern USA

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
PITTSBURGH (AP/CBS) - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has begun scattering millions of packets of oral rabies vaccine from helicopters and planes over 13 states from Maine to Alabama.

The major aim is to keep raccoons from spreading their strain of the deadly virus to states where it hasn't been found or isn't widespread, said field trial coordinator Jordona Kirby.

The USDA is also continuing tests of a vaccine approved in Canada to immunize skunks as well as raccoons, said Kirby of Wildlife Services, which is part of the agriculture department's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

About 3.5 million doses of the experimental vaccine Onrab are being distributed in parts of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Tennessee - which also are getting the approved vaccine - plus four other states.

USDA dropping rabies vaccines from sky in 13 states for wildlife

Vaccination_1_jpg-2555755.JPG

I understand they have been doing it for years with some dog biscuit looking things.

But hey, I'm sleepin' with my AR in the bathtub just to be sure. ;)

OIP.jVb6xlEpEwJ8tDu5WlovSwHaDI

PITTSBURGH (AP/CBS) - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has begun scattering millions of packets of oral rabies vaccine from helicopters and planes over 13 states from Maine to Alabama.

The major aim is to keep raccoons from spreading their strain of the deadly virus to states where it hasn't been found or isn't widespread, said field trial coordinator Jordona Kirby.

The USDA is also continuing tests of a vaccine approved in Canada to immunize skunks as well as raccoons, said Kirby of Wildlife Services, which is part of the agriculture department's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

About 3.5 million doses of the experimental vaccine Onrab are being distributed in parts of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Tennessee - which also are getting the approved vaccine - plus four other states.

USDA dropping rabies vaccines from sky in 13 states for wildlife

Vaccination_1_jpg-2555755.JPG

Efficacy of Ontario Rabies Vaccine Baits (ONRAB) against rabies infection in raccoons

In the US, rabies lyssavirus (RABV) only circulates in wildlife species and the most significant reservoir from a public and animal health perspective is the raccoon (Procyon lotor). Management of wildlife rabies relies principally on oral rabies vaccination (ORV) strategies using vaccine-laden bait delivery to free-ranging target hosts, in order to reduce the susceptible population to prevent the spread of and eliminate RABV circulation.

They throw this stuff out of a freaking helicopter? What if a child finds it and eats it? How about domestic animals like horses and cattle?
They use helicoptors because there are no roads in those areas to distribute it.
So there are few if any domestic animals in the areas involved.

IS THERE EVEN a legitimate oral med for rabies for wild animals? COME ON MAN. What;s the source for this again? cbs.....and the usda has been doing this for 13 years so they say?? then how come we have never heard of this before. This sounds like misinformation to me. Let's fine them 2500 dollars. each.

IS THERE EVEN a legitimate oral med for rabies for wild animals? COME ON MAN. What;s the source for this again? cbs.....and the usda has been doing this for 13 years so they say?? then how come we have never heard of this before. This sounds like misinformation to me. Let's fine them 2500 dollars. each.
Science is not a dirty word.

Science is not a dirty word.

REad it again. It was an experiment. Much like they experimented on us in 2021.

hmm. 'creates a buffer'...now...just what exactly does that mean.

everything i'm reading says....injected vaccine. Again i say....experiment...and we really don't now exactly what it consists of.

REad it again. It was an experiment. Much like they experimented on us in 2021.
It also says it was highly effective.

All sham-vaccinated raccoons (12/12) succumbed to rabies infection, in contrast to 15% (5/34) mortality among vaccinated raccoons. Our results indicate a high efficacy of ONRAB bait vaccination in protecting adult and juvenile raccoons against RABV infection for a minimum of six months.

Vaccinated reccoons reported zero averse reactions to VAERS

hmm. 'creates a buffer'...now...just what exactly does that mean.

everything i'm reading says....injected vaccine. Again i say....experiment...and we really don't now exactly what it consists of.

If everything you're reading says injected, you 're reading the wrong articles.

I asked...is there a legitimate means of protecting wildlife with an ingestible rabies vaccine.

It also says it was highly effective.

All sham-vaccinated raccoons (12/12) succumbed to rabies infection, in contrast to 15% (5/34) mortality among vaccinated raccoons. Our results indicate a high efficacy of ONRAB bait vaccination in protecting adult and juvenile raccoons against RABV infection for a minimum of six months.

Vaccinated reccoons reported zero averse reactions to VAERS
That's called...experiment. and it has to be done more than once...to make sure the 'scientists' aren't 'giving 10% to the Big Guy'. if you get my drift.

Forum List

Back