Federal government seeks to prevent you from working on your car

Nobody cares about your anecdotal story.
You make me sad. :(
I am not a proponent of the conservative think tank derived ACA plan. So I'm not sure exactly what your point is.
You asked how I wanted my insurance plan to work. I told you. And you were a prick about it.

So, why don't you go fuck yourself with a rusty farm implement and bleed out in a ditch somewhere. Mkay, thx.

It's all I need. I noticed you didn't answer the criticism. Do you even like debate or discussion? Or are you just here to insult people?
What criticism? That you want a choice of which private insurance company rips you off? Lol ok!

You make me sad. :(

You asked how I wanted my insurance plan to work. I told you. And you were a prick about it.

So, why don't you go fuck yourself with a rusty farm implement and bleed out in a ditch somewhere. Mkay, thx.
Wishing my death isn't going to change the fact you're an ignorant shithead.

Not surprising....but, let me look into my crystal ball.
I foresee a black market for the tools to be replicated
so a person can go back to working on their own cars.

Our government never 'fixes' anything, they screw up everything .
I was told ONLY THE DEALER could program my new computer.

The computer through the dealership was near a thousand dollars.
I bought one online for 200 and paid a guy 300 to program it for my truck.

What criticism? That you want a choice of which private insurance company rips you off? Lol ok!
You aren't honest enough to address the actual point I was making (it seems you're just here to hurl insults), but I'll try again: Private Insurance companies don't own you. They can't have you arrested, they can't force you to pay them - you're free to tell them to piss off any time you want. If government takes over as your insurance company, you won't have those options. You'll take what the state gives you and learn to live with. Or not.

Oh, but once every four years you'll get to vote! Yay!!

Last edited:
You aren't honest enough to address the actual point I was making (it seems you're just here to hurl insults), but I'll try again: Private Insurance companies don't own you. They can't have you arrested, they can't force you to pay them - you're free to tell them to piss off any time you want. If government takes over as your insurance company, you won't have those options. You'll take what the state gives you and learn to live with. Or not.

I suppose health care is off topic, but it's a similar dysfunction. Doctors convinced the government that the health care market must be regulated because people are too stupid to take care of themselves. And now, of course, the and the insurance companies have a nice racket setup where the government funnels us into their pens and they fleece us.

The auto makers are getting jealous.

Try taking universal healthcare away from a right winger in Europe. Our system is a failure.

Federal Government lol

...it's scum...fuck the Federal Government.

I'm not saying this, Milton Friedman is and he knows a thing or two...

mvW5KDC.jpg

The Federal government has teamed up with corporate auto makers to try and prevent you from working on your own car, thus forcing you to go to the dealership to get them fixed by creating new tools that they prevent you from having etc.

As we all know, the dealership rapes you as working on your own car or going to a wrench of your choice is far cheaper, but just think how much it will be now when they have a monopoly on it.

Of course, the Federal government always cites safety as the reason

LOL
Companies have been doing this for over a decade. I used to use Photoshop and other expensive software programs from my computer, without having to log in to Adobe. Now I pay a yearly prescription and I have to be online to use their software. I don't have it fully installed on my computer, nor do I have it on a CD or thumb drive, as I used to have it back in the "good old days".

Caterpillar, the tractor company also prohibits its customers from repairing their tractors themselves. They will actually turn off your tractor and not let you use it if you're caught trying to repair it without one of their officially registered mechanics. Welcome to 21st-century capitalism, where customers really don't own what they buy with their hard-earned money.

I'm actually in this business. The reality is that modern cars are driven by software. There are safety and other concerns (emissions) with allowing modifications of the software.
That said, my personal vehicles aren't affected by this.
And by the way....welcome to 2023!
I figured climate change had something to do with this, like it does everything else in our lives now.

One of my friends managed a Motorcraft service center, and they've been doing this "special tool" bullshit for about 20 years or so now.

In my case I had to have a super deep well 8mm socket to take out 2 bolts to put white lithium grease in between 2 plates because it had dried up.

Pretty sure that was part of the ignition system..it was so long ago. They wanted you to have to take it in, but I found an end-around.

Last edited:
Holy shit how stupid are you? What I'm saying is that there have been bipartisan bills to prevent what the OP is stating could happen regarding auto repairs

How many of them have passed and been signed into law?

Forum List

Back