Federal background checks didn't stop oregon shooter...private trainer did...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
yeah...the shooter in oregon tried to sign up for a shooting course...and was rejected.......

soooo...the Feds....passed him with their background check....the private trainer...turned him away.....

Sooo...about those Universal Background checks you guys harp on so much......

Oregon Attacker Was Rejected from Firearms Training Class - The Truth About Guns

had a monthlong stint in the Army in 2008 and a preoccupation with weaponry that dated back at least two years.

He sought to register for training in 2012 or 2013 at Seven 4 Para, a private self-defense and law enforcement training academy in Torrance, but Eloy Way, president and head instructor for the center, said he sent Harper-Mercer away.

“We wanted him to take a beginner safety course and he was trying to tell me that he already had experience with firearms and I didn’t get a good feeling about him, so I turned him down,” Way told Reuters.

“He was just kind of a weird guy and seemed kind of spoiled, immature,” Way said. “He was a little bit too anxious to get high-level training and there was no reason for it.”

There’s definitely a baseline that people need to meet in order to even attend some training classes. It’s not like you can watch a bunch of Travis Haley YouTube videos and instantly become a Tier One operator — getting even a modicum of proficiency takes time, experience, and maturity. It sounds like Harper-Mercer had none of the above and tried to bluff his way into a high level firearms course anyway.

So there you go anti gunners...someone did notice and they did stop him.....not the feds..the feds let him get the guns.....it was the private guy who stopped him....

That does not surprise me... Look how many Indians fall through the cracks in the reservation system.

As an Indian I will no longer go even near a reservation... Third world countries depress me.

Shooters are demon-possessed...

Benham Brothers on Oregon Shooting: Satan and Demons Manifesting Themselves in Our Nation
October 5, 2015 | In a video posted on their Facebook page on Friday, twin brothers and celebrity real estate moguls David and Jason Benham said the murder of nine people at a community college in Oregon isn’t about guns or mental health but rather evil that comes from “Satan himself and demons manifesting themselves in our nation.
“This is what true evil looks like, and what we want to encourage those that are grieving today is that there is hope in the resurrection,” David Benham said in the video. “This is just Satan himself and demons manifesting themselves in our nation.” David said that blaming guns or the National Rifle Association or mental illness is a “secular humanist worldview that doesn’t address the real problem facing our nation." “We have a spiritual, moral problem in this nation,” David Benham said, noting that the shooter was “bent on evil” and citing scripture to explain our moral dilemma. “In Genesis 6:11, the Bible says now the Earth was corrupt in the sight of God and violence filled the Earth,” he said. “That word for corrupt literally means moral decay, depravity – to turn from moral boundaries. “And what happens is when we are morally corrupt in America or as a nation, violence will fill the void, and the answer is not found in trying to get mental healing,” David Benham said. “The answer is not found by trying to get gun control on the books. “The answer is only found in Jesus,” David Benham said, noting that we should, as a nation, “look to God.”

david_and_jason_benham.jpg

Jason Benham said confronting evil is not a law enforcement issue. “There is no police force big enough to make a man do what’s right ... and there is no amount of legislation that's going to force people to do what’s right if evil is already set in their heart,” he said in the video. “But there’s a God who’s big enough,” Jason Benham said. “If we turn to him and give him our hearts, then he can change the entire landscape." He also said outlawing guns won’t solve the problem of these kinds of tragedies. “If my son goes up and hits my daughter with a broomstick, I don’t go outlaw broomsticks in my house,” David Benham said. “What I do is talk to my son about the evil that’s in his heart that’s causing him to use something that can be used for good and he’ll use it for evil. “So the problem is the evil that's in the heart,” Jason Benham said, “but God is here. He can set us free through his son Jesus Christ.”

He said it’s up to families to turn to the Bible for answers. “So we encourage every one of you that’s watching this video,” Jason Benham said. “Get your families together. Describe to them exactly what happened – the evil that took place in the heart of this young man, and how that evil can take place in all of us, because we are all sinners, and get together and recommit your family to following the principles of the Bible.” “It’s the truth that sets us free,” he said. “There is hope, and it’s only found in Jesus Christ.”

Benham Brothers on Oregon Shooting: Satan and Demons Manifesting Themselves in Our Nation

See also:

ESPN 'Inadvertantly' Cuts Interview With Clemson's Coach Swinney When He Thanks God
October 5, 2015 | Following a hard-fought upset victory over Notre Dame in Death Valley on Saturday, Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney no sooner gave his thanks to the “good Lord” then ESPN inexplicably cut away from the interview.
“And thank you to the good Lord and my dad, who was with me tonight,” said an emotional Dabo Swinney. Below you will see two clips. The following clip is the interview with the mysterious cut that was seen by many during the live broadcast. College football anchor Chris Fowler and ESPN's Keri Potts both took to Twitter to apologize for the interruption:

dabo_swinney_and_brian_kelly_ap_photo-richard_shiro_0.jpg

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, right, and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly talk before an NCAA college football game Saturday​

Apologies for glitch during Dabo Swinney's emotional postgame interview. Wrong button hit - interrupted his answer. Live TV
— Chris Fowler (@cbfowler) October 4, 2015 As a result of an error in TV transmission, we inadvertently missed 12 seconds of Dabo Swinney's postgame interview. We apologize. — Keri Potts (@MsPotts_ESPN) October 4, 2015

Keri Potts also directed fans to the full interview with head coach Dabo Swinney: Full Dabo interview was shown on WatchESPN at 11:56pmET and will be shown in full during upcoming halftime of Oregon / Colorado game on ESPN — Keri Potts (@MsPotts_ESPN) October 4, 2015 Dabo Swiney's postgame interview following the Clemson win is a MUST watch. Dabo Swinney: Tonight was B.Y.O.G. 'Bring your own guts' - ESPN Video #NDvsCLEM — ESPN CollegeFootball (@ESPNCFB) October 4, 2015

VIDEOS

Related:

Rev. Graham: ‘Obama Administration is Celebrating Sin … Pushing Sin’ – It’s ‘Defiance Against God’
October 5, 2015 | America’s moral decline is “being led by the Obama administration” through support for such things as homosexual “marriage,” which is “defiance against God,” said Rev. Franklin Graham, who added that the administration is “celebrating sin and pushing sin.”
Franklin Graham, who is the son of world-renowned evangelist Billy Graham, also said that same-sex marriage is so fundamentally “wrong” that “God will judge our country for this.” In a podcast interview with The Church Boys, a program hosted by The Blaze's Billy Hallowell and Chris Field, they asked Franklin Graham last week, What “concerns you most about where we are now, right now?”

Rev. Graham said, “Well, our country has changed so much and we’ve seen the moral decline, and that moral decline being led by the Obama administration and championing things like same-sex marriage, which is really defiance against God.” “Same-sex marriage is a sin against God,” said Rev. Graham. “God made us male and female, and then to say that marriage is between two men or two men?” “This is sin,” said the reverend. “And the Obama administration is celebrating sin and they are pushing sin.”

Rev. Graham went on to explain that he is not “bashing” homosexuals as persons but said he had a duty to tell them the truth about God’s commandments and that they, like every person who sins, can be forgiven. “For a gay person, I don’t want to bash them,” said Graham. “I’m not bashing them. I want them to know the truth that the lifestyle they are living, God will one day judge that. And they’ll stand before God and God will condemn that, and they will spend an eternity separated from Him.” “But can a gay person be forgiven? Yes,” said the reverend. “ But they have to turn, like any of us who are sinners. We have to turn from our sin. We can't say, ‘God we love you and we believe in Jesus Christ’ but yet continue on in the sins that we're doing, whether it’s murdering people, whether it be stealing, whether it be committing adultery – cheating on your wife or husband – and say, ‘Oh yes, I love Jesus,’ but you continue in your sin – no, you have to turn from your sins.”

MORE

"Federal background checks didn't stop oregon shooter...private trainer did..."

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one as ever maintained that background checks would 'prevent all gun crimes.'

Background checks work as intended and are Constitutional, but were never intended to be the sole tool used to prevent gun violence.

Background checks in conjunction with comprehensive mental health programs to identify and treat those mentally ill can be an effective means to prevent future incidents.

"Federal background checks didn't stop oregon shooter...private trainer did..."

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one as ever maintained that background checks would 'prevent all gun crimes.'

Background checks work as intended and are Constitutional, but were never intended to be the sole tool used to prevent gun violence.

Background checks in conjunction with comprehensive mental health programs to identify and treat those mentally ill can be an effective means to prevent future incidents.

No they can't asshole. The colorado theater shooter….would not have been stopped due to mental health, dittos Sandy Hook shooter, and those are just the obvious ones……Background checks don't stop any mass shooters or criminals from getting guns…..they steal them, get them illegally or get someone with a clean record to buy them….thereby making background checks useless...

Forum List

Back