FEC: Trump/ NRA Illegal Collusion

the incoming house already has a bill ready to go that stipulates big time donations have a disclosure as to where they are coming from - either the names of the individual donors themselves, or that PACs disclose where they get their donations that are to be passed onto campaigns.

That seems like a good idea. :)

sure does- & with a (D) controlled house, it will pass - but will the (R) controlled senate vote yes? i doubt it.

Many of the "Rs" of today are different than the establishment "Rs" of yesteryear.

I don't see why it wouldn't pass as long as there's not a bunch of bullshit attached. (Like they always do, though).

the GOP is a dying breed of (R). i'd like to see what they do over in england... each candidate gets a specified ant of money & a specified amt of time to campaign & that's it. no outside cash allowed. but that will never happen.

btw, it may or may not shock you, but i am married to one of them old timey fiscal conservatives that cannot blindly goosestep with the freaks that have taken over.

Citizens United opened the flood gates of unlimited corporate cash on our elections. It is all part of the Repub war on ethical elections. Corporate expenditures in election are supposed to be independent of the candidate, but for those like Trump, it is just one more law to be violated.

the incoming house already has a bill ready to go that stipulates big time donations have a disclosure as to where they are coming from - either the names of the individual donors themselves, or that PACs disclose where they get their donations that are to be passed onto campaigns.

The incoming house can pass whatever they want- but they will need Republican support to make anything law.

If something comes over with no GOP support, Sen. McConnell will just put it into the circular file and that will be that. Little point in having a vote over something with no chance.

i just said that & it probably won't pass. however the (R) controlled senate has only 2 years to shelve progress. the midterms was mostly rep seats up for grabs & (D) senators had to spend most of their time defending their seats. 2020 will be a huge shakeup for the senate.

Since when is it "progress" to discourage interested citizens from getting involved into the political process?

Intimidation by progressives of prospective donors who want to contribute to for forward thinking policies- that downright stalinistic.

dark money - no matter the source taints the process.

corperations are not people, my friend.

That seems like a good idea. :)

sure does- & with a (D) controlled house, it will pass - but will the (R) controlled senate vote yes? i doubt it.

Many of the "Rs" of today are different than the establishment "Rs" of yesteryear.

I don't see why it wouldn't pass as long as there's not a bunch of bullshit attached. (Like they always do, though).

the GOP is a dying breed of (R). i'd like to see what they do over in england... each candidate gets a specified ant of money & a specified amt of time to campaign & that's it. no outside cash allowed. but that will never happen.

btw, it may or may not shock you, but i am married to one of them old timey fiscal conservatives that cannot blindly goosestep with the freaks that have taken over.

It shocks me not at all. :)

looks like the roooskie NRA infiltrating honey pot spy is gonna cooperate with the feds because she doesn't wanna go back to russia...hmmmm, wonder why?

& why did john bolton go to russia in 2013 to speak on behalf of russians having the right to own guns when that was never going to be allowed to happen ? & now, that walrus face is trump's national security advisor now...

damn, trumpco is so freakin' incestuous.

If you will admit Obama should not have gone to England to campaign against Brexit, I will admit Bolton should not have gone to Russia to promote gun ownership.

did obama get paid to do it? & brexit is a real thing, with a real outcome.

russia will never even consider allowing their people to legally own guns.

You really really got him now! :itsok:

Yes Marion, Mueller really does have him now. No joke.

Yesterday, in the Cohen case, Mueller's filings said that Cohen committed felony campaign finance fraud at the direction of and on behalf of the President of the United States. That makes Trump guilty of multiple felonies related to the payment of hush money to the women he was screwing, including criminal conspiracy.

Then there's all of the stuff about the coordination of the lies about Trump Tower Moscow with the Kremlin official Cohen was negotiating with. The man went on American television and issued the same denial of the negotiations as Trump and Cohen gave. Which means the Russian government knew Trump was lying to the American people, which gives them leverage. Just like a "pee tape", when the Russian government knows you've lied to the American people to conceal damaging information, Putin has you by the balls.

And now you have the financial investigations - Saudi's renting hundreds of hotel rooms, Chinese government loans to Trump projects in Asia, doubling of initiation fees at Trump's east coast golf clubs. Pay for play on a massive scale. Trump is such a crook, he can't help himself.

Trump has been a lifelong criminal, but he has bribed and blustered his way out of the worst of it. Had he continued to fight the Trump University scam charges, he most assuredly would have lost and been exposed once and for all as the crook he\s always been. Notice how New York City overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. That should tell you something when the people who knew him best wanted nothing to do with the lying crook.

Now he's caught. It's going to get messier and uglier from here on in, but stick a fork in him. Trump is done like dinner.

looks like the roooskie NRA infiltrating honey pot spy is gonna cooperate with the feds because she doesn't wanna go back to russia...hmmmm, wonder why?

& why did john bolton go to russia in 2013 to speak on behalf of russians having the right to own guns when that was never going to be allowed to happen ? & now, that walrus face is trump's national security advisor now...

If you will admit Obama should not have gone to England to campaign against Brexit, I will admit Bolton should not have gone to Russia to promote gun ownership.

did obama get paid to do it?

There you go....

Why not admit that we should not be meddling in the domestic affairs of foreign nations, just as we don’t want foreign players meddling in our domestic affairs.

So much for moving to Russia if it goes South here, then.

Geez, Costa Rica sure has a high murder rate..

Hmm..

Maybe Uruguay or Paraguay.

did obama get paid to do it?

There you go....

Why not admit that we should not be meddling in the domestic affairs of foreign nations, just as we don’t want foreign players meddling in our domestic affairs.

lol.... false equivalency. nice try though.

Citizens United opened the flood gates of unlimited corporate cash on our elections. It is all part of the Repub war on ethical elections. Corporate expenditures in election are supposed to be independent of the candidate, but for those like Trump, it is just one more law to be violated.

And HOW do you plan to get that past the Senate?

Hmm..

uh.... ok?

well, if partisan hacks keep it shelved, then 2020 is something to look fwd to, won't it?

Why wouldn't it, if they're not crooked?

Uh oh..:rolleyes:

Hmm..

I don't think I could move to Uruguay, the name of the country sounds too close to "You are gay".

Of Bolton violated the Logan act, then Kerry did.

Kerry is NOT a representative of the US government, yet he was in Iran recently working with the Iranian government.

Did he register as a foreign agent?

Sounds to me that Kerry may have violated the Logan act.

The question for lefties is: Should Kerry be investigated for violating the Logan act?

Last edited:
(R) & (D) senate seats up for grabs in 2020:

Here is the list of the senators whose seats will be on the ballot in 2020, broken down by party:
Republicans

Lamar Alexander (R-Tennessee)
Shelley Moore Capito (R-West Virginia)
Bill Cassidy (R-Louisiana)
Susan Collins (R-Maine)
John Cornyn (R-Texas)
Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)
Steve Daines (R-Montana)
Mike Enzi (R-Wyoming)
Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
Cory Gardner (R-Colorado)
Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)
Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Mississippi)
-- Hyde-Smith was appointed by Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant to fill the seat vacated by Sen. Thad Cochran who resigned due to health issues. She competed in the 2018 special election to fill the term. CNN projects the race will go to a runoff. Hyde-Smith will compete against Democratic challenger Mike Espy since no candidate received 50% of the vote total. The contest will take place on Tuesday, November 27. A full six-year term election will be held in 2020.
James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)
Jon Kyl (R-Arizona)
-- It is expected that there will be an open special election in 2020 for the seat because Kyl has said he will not run in 2020. A full six-year term election will take place in 2022.
Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky)
David Perdue (R-GA)
Jim Risch (R-Idaho)
Pat Roberts (R-Kansas)
Mike Rounds (R-South Dakota)
Ben Sasse (R-Nebraska)
Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska)
Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina)

Democrats

Cory Booker (D-New Jersey)
Chris Coons (D-Delaware)
Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
Doug Jones (D-Alabama)
Ed Markey (D-Massachusetts)
Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon)
Gary Peters (D-Michigan)
Jack Reed (D-Rhode Island)
Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)
Tina Smith (D-Minnesota)
-- Smith was appointed by Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton to fill the vacancy created after Sen. Al Franken decided to resign. She faced a special election in 2018 and CNN projected that Smith defeated her Republican challenger in that race. A full six-year term election will be held for the seat in 2020.
Tom Udall (D-New Mexico)
Mark Warner (D-Virginia)

These are the senators facing re-election fights in 2020 - CNNPolitics

given what happened with the house flipping, & what happens to trumpco.... it will be an interesting election, indeed.

Kerry is NOT a representative of the US government, yet he Iran recently working with the Iranian government.

The question for lefties is: Should Kerry be investigated for violating the Logan act?

but but but.... thanx for playing the 'what about' game. i never said anything about bolton violating anything. bolton was a private citizen back then. i found it curious is all. 2013 was big year for trump & 'his special weekend in moscow' as well.

huh.... imagine that.

Kerry is NOT a representative of the US government, yet he Iran recently working with the Iranian government.

but but but.... thanx for playing the 'what about' game. i never said anything about bolton violating anything. bolton was a private citizen back then. i found it curious is all. 2013 was big year for trump & 'his special weekend in moscow' as well.

huh.... imagine that.

Trump had nothing to do with "president" at that time, though.

Forum List

Back