FDA moves to ban menthol cigarettes, flavored cigars

Clearly the FDA is racist. Black smokers are large consumers of menthol cigarettes and this will have a disproportionate impact on them. On the other hand, 90% of them voted for this administration, so I guess they're getting what they voted for, right?

Bans are very beneficial to humanity as can be seen in the below link!

I read sometime ago that the menthol in cigarettes help cause lung tissue to become crystallized. I've been to a half dozen Asian countries and smokers there favor menthol cigarettes. They also seem to have higher than normal cases of lung diseases. Mask wearing has also been common for those countries for centuries.

1. Crystallized Lungs Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Health Checkup

www.healthcheckup.com/general/crystallized-lungs...
    You have a higher chance of getting crystallized lungs from menthol cigarettes than with nonmenthol cigarettes. Vaping has gained popularity over the world as an alternative to tobacco smoking. Some people take to vaping as part of the process to quit cigarette smoking. However, you may also get crystallized lungs from vaping.

How does the FDA have the power to ban a brand of cigarettes? WTF is happening when NewPorts are outlawed but marijuana is legal?
You really don't understand how this works?

It's MONEY. M-O-N-E-Y

Didn't you ever wonder why they lifted the lockdowns and mask mandates at the exact moment there was a dangerous new Covid strain that was ten times as virulent as the last one?

It's because now, the hospitals aren't overwhelmed and panicking any more.

The government doesn't care about your life, but they DO care about the cost of treatment, which they mostly pay for.

In this case, they don't care about black people's lives, they care about the cost of treating them before they die.

Here comes minty menthol marijuana..
Minty menthol rolling papers and tubes..
Meh... they already had that back in the 60's. No one wanted it, not even the menthol smokers.

Pot is real scientific these days, much more so than the tobacco companies ever got to. They know all about what percentages of terpenes are in each strain, and how to make concentrates look and smell like particular strains.

What can I say, "I'm a Luddite, I like knobs". Give me some good old fashioned red hair Mexican, I'm a happy camper.

See, the cheap Mexican stuff is rich in an anti-inflammatory, called beta-caryophylline, that isn't found in the more powerful strains. Some 15 years ago I fell out of a tree, from about 25 feet up, directly into a pile of scalloped bricks, and it pushed both my arms up through the shoulder sockets, not "all" the way but enough to show up on an MRI. Sometimes it gets very f'in painful, and me and my doctor tried every medicine known to man, 18 of them I think, steroids, Indocin, all kinds of stuff. Nothing worked. Doc wanted to put me on Tramadol, I said no way, and in desperation I said "isn't there anything else I can do?" and he looks out in the hallway and shuts the door and makes a little motion with his hand like he's smoking a roach, then he says "I didn't say a word". And I go "really?" and he writes down a number on a piece of paper, looked like a phone number, I go "what's this?", he says "it's a book, go to the library". Whereupon I learned all about low grade strains.

So there you have it, my medical marijuana story. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). :p

I actually didn't smoke pot for like... 30 years. Smoked more than Snoop when I was a kid, but just kinda lost interest after a while. Now I just smoke when I wake up and the first word out of my mouth is ouch. Then I "wake and bake" with a nice cup of coffee and MOST of the time it gets bearable after about 15 minutes.

Beats the hell out of opiates, man.

Really. It does

In the past 50 years they have come a long way towards banning them all. Perhaps one day they will, I dunno. In 1960 pregnant women could smoke. In 1970 men could smoke at their workplace. In 1990 it was frowned upon, and commercials catered towards children with Joe Camel were banned - hopefully by 2030 they will be completely banned.
Yeah we need to ban alcohol, fatty foods also. Yeah government!!!!!!!

In the past 50 years they have come a long way towards banning them all. Perhaps one day they will, I dunno. In 1960 pregnant women could smoke. In 1970 men could smoke at their workplace. In 1990 it was frowned upon, and commercials catered towards children with Joe Camel were banned - hopefully by 2030 they will be completely banned.
I support banning all of their ads, adding warning labels, prohibiting smoking in work and public gathering spaces, and taxing them within reason. Outright banning them, no. As bad as smoking and drinking generally are, they both cheaply serve to keep lots of otherwise non-violent people from simply killing each other every day.

From the article:

The FDA estimates that, if menthol cigarettes are no longer sold in the U.S., rates of smoking would go down 15% within 40 years and up to 654,000 smoking-related deaths could be avoided over the next four decades, more than one-third of those preventable deaths being among Black people.

Sounds good to me. Let's do it.

And yet they keep trying to smother the vaping market, which give a product that removes combustion from the product, and thus removes combustion products, which are the whole issue with cigarettes in the first place, and still gives people their nicotine fix as well as the whole aesthetics of "smoking"

And many of these "predictions" turn out to be bullshit.

Yeah, because prohibition and the current war on drugs were/are working so smoothly.

You might be right, the classic film "Demolition Man" is set in 2032 and cigarettes are banned along with a host of other things. Enjoy the film, and fantasize about that liberal utopia.

And yet they keep trying to smother the vaping market, which give a product that removes combustion from the product, and thus removes combustion products, which are the whole issue with cigarettes in the first place, and still gives people their nicotine fix as well as the whole aesthetics of "smoking"

And many of these "predictions" turn out to be bullshit.

Vaping, however, is sort of stupid. When I was a teen , I liked to smoke a cigarette but even more so a big stinky ass cigar that would smoke out a place.

Really honked off our parents' "Greatest Generation" and let them know that we were on the way to change things.

Vaping, however, is sort of stupid. When I was a teen , I liked to smoke a cigarette but even more so a big stinky ass cigar that would smoke out a place.

Really honked off our parents' "Greatest Generation" and let them know that we were on the way to change things.

It's the "better cigarette" people were waiting for, and now the government is making it harder and harder for small vape manufacturers to provide their product.

Cigarettes will still be there for kids to piss their parents off with.

From the article:

The FDA estimates that, if menthol cigarettes are no longer sold in the U.S., rates of smoking would go down 15% within 40 years and up to 654,000 smoking-related deaths could be avoided over the next four decades, more than one-third of those preventable deaths being among Black people.

Sounds good to me. Let's do it.

So you're for letting someone decide if they want to smoke or not?

If that's the case you better not do anything willingly that is detrimental to your health or else you're a hypocrite. That means you should be against and not use yourself soft drinks, fast food, vapes, refined sugars, processed foods, preservatives, salt, snack foods, not drink any alcohol, anything with saturated fats, you can't use margarine, consuming too much caffeine, sleeping too little or too much, and so on.

Or, you could just let people decide what they want to do or not do like smoking menthol cigarettes. At the end of the day what difference does it make?

We're all going to die anyway and when you're dead nothing matters anymore because you're dead.

Forum List

Back