Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
From the article:

The FDA estimates that, if menthol cigarettes are no longer sold in the U.S., rates of smoking would go down 15% within 40 years and up to 654,000 smoking-related deaths could be avoided over the next four decades, more than one-third of those preventable deaths being among Black people.

Sounds good to me. Let's do it.

From the article:

The FDA estimates that, if menthol cigarettes are no longer sold in the U.S., rates of smoking would go down 15% within 40 years and up to 654,000 smoking-related deaths could be avoided over the next four decades, more than one-third of those preventable deaths being among Black people.

Why just menthol? We know cigarettes are bad for you in the long run, so why not ban them all instead of being selective?

Why just menthol? We know cigarettes are bad for you in the long run, so why not ban them all instead of being selective?

In the past 50 years they have come a long way towards banning them all. Perhaps one day they will, I dunno. In 1960 pregnant women could smoke. In 1970 men could smoke at their workplace. In 1990 it was frowned upon, and commercials catered towards children with Joe Camel were banned - hopefully by 2030 they will be completely banned.

oh-no-you-didnt.gif

FDA moves to ban menthol cigarettes, flavored cigars​

Again?..... there must be a democrat in office and an election coming up...they won't follow through... this is just a donation ploy to get big tobacco to open their wallet for the DNC's upcoming campaigns.....

In the past 50 years they have come a long way towards banning them all. Perhaps one day they will, I dunno. In 1960 pregnant women could smoke. In 1970 men could smoke at their workplace. In 1990 it was frowned upon, and commercials catered towards children with Joe Camel were banned - hopefully by 2030 they will be completely banned.
While tobacco is being phased out marijuana is being phased in.

I don't think they'll need to ban them. Smokers are becoming more and more inconvenienced, and more and more unwelcome. My employees have a smoking area, but I see fewer and fewer people using it. I don't know if that's what's actually happening or just my perception of it, but it certainly seems that way.

I started smoking when I was 14, and I finally quit when I was 49. I just didn't want to be a 50 year old smoker. I'd get winded going up a flight of stairs at work. People always say that quitting cigarettes is the hardest thing they've ever done. I believed that for a long time. I'd quit a hundred times. But I never quit for the right reason.

Once I decided I was done with cigarettes, it was actually pretty easy to quit. When I quit I was smoking Marlboro Mediums. I started on Salem Light 100's in the box...

From the article:

The FDA is full of shit, to use the technical term.

Those who want to smoke will just burn some other cigarette.

They just want to piss off the blacks.

From the article:

All for the welfare of the plantation black smokers.

Just cut out the nannying. Their coming for your shit next.

Forum List

Back