Racist attacks on Menthol cigarette smokers

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Newports have been outlawed in a couple of states already and other liberal jurisdictions will undoubtably follow their lead. Its certainly possible that the FDA will outlaw menthol cigs nationwide.

Such a law would make millions of African Americans- especially black youths- criminals over night.

Newports and kools are a lot more popular with the brothers than they are with the honkies. Is it not officially Racist to persecute blacks when marlboro and pell mell smokers aren't being imprisoned for their coffin nails?

I can see this shit turning out in a few years just like the distinctions that Biden et al made with the differences between Crack and powdered cocaine in the 90's, when it was blacks who liked the crack.

Cigarettes are bad! I've never had the desire to ever smoke one... Nasty, Nasty, Nasty.

Same with Cigars.

So is the correct spelling "honkies", or is it "honkey", or maybe "honky"? Enquiring minds want to know.

I always thought it was "honky", with the plural being "honkies".

Maybe we can ask IM2. I'm sure he'll know...

No racism here. Blacks really can't afford their vices, while white people generally can. Worse yet, whites wind up paying for the consequences of black vices (maybe that's why blacks aren't too concerned about it).

I've never smoked, so I don't get that, and by extension I don't understand why some smokers prefer menthol cigs.

But having said that, when I was in Vietnam, packs of Salem cigarettes were virtual currency, with Kools being a distant second. Don't even offer a non-menthol pack to any of the Vietnamese smokers that I dealt with. They would just give it back. No thanks.

Today in the U.S., most Black smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. So if you ban menthol - unless there is a good medical reason for it - I can see how that might be viewed as racist. Does menthol make cigarettes more harmful or more addictive? There must be something like that.

The larger point is this: Just because a policy has a disparate impact on one demographic or another is not proof that the policy was prompted by some animus against that demographic. That is how you find racism lurking around every corner...which is bullshit.

I've never smoked, so I don't get that, and by extension I don't understand why some smokers prefer menthol cigs.

But having said that, when I was in Vietnam, packs of Salem cigarettes were virtual currency, with Kools being a distant second. Don't even offer a non-menthol pack to any of the Vietnamese smokers that I dealt with. They would just give it back. No thanks.

Today in the U.S., most Black smokers prefer menthol cigarettes. So if you ban menthol - unless there is a good medical reason for it - I can see how that might be viewed as racist. Does menthol make cigarettes more harmful or more addictive? There must be something like that.

The larger point is this: Just because a policy has a disparate impact on one demographic or another is not proof that the policy was prompted by some animus against that demographic. That is how you find racism lurking around every corner...which is bullshit.
A ban on menthol cigarettes would benefit the black community. That's all that's needed to know for the real racists to come out of the woodwork and decry such a ban. Blacks have other horrific habits as well that are keeping them sick and poor.

A ban on menthol cigarettes would benefit the black community. That's all that's needed to know for the real racists to come out of the woodwork and decry such a ban.

How would it benefit the black community to have large numbers of their youths arrested and incarcerated over the prohibition against newports?

How would it benefit the black community to have large numbers of their youths arrested and incarcerated over the prohibition against newports?
Menthol cigarettes would no longer be made.

That said many blacks would likely turn to smoking regular cigarettes.

Forum List

Back