FBI releases Sandy Hook investigation documents...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
FBI releases Sandy Hook school shooting investigation documents

The FBI released more than 1,500 pages of heavily-redacted documents Tuesday related to the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting the files shedding light on the relationship between gunman Adam Lanza and his mother prior to the deadly massacre.

The documents, posted on the federal agency's archive page, on the rampage in Newtown, Conn. that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead, include redacted grand jury subpoenas and reports by agents who interviewed people about Lanza.

In one interview, an unidentified person told an FBI agent that Lanza's mother, Nancy, was concerned about him a month before the shooting because he had become a "shut in" who hadn't gone anywhere in three months.

"Nancy Lanza told her son, Adam Lanza, had not left his bedroom in three months, and that despite the fact that Nancy and Adam lived in the same house, Nancy has only been able to communicate with Adam by email," an investigator noted.

Interesting read. Apparently the mother had been concerned about Lanza a month before the shooting. A lot of blame had been placed on the mother for leaving guns around Lanza, but I'm not sure your son "being a shut in" is reason to believe he is going to go on a shooting spree killing 20 children and 6 adults. Maybe keeping guns around him wasn't wise, but I wonder if in the moment we needed anybody to blame to explain the tragedy.

Not all awkward people have a desire to kill children. That much is certain.
My question is, where else should she have kept them? At a friends house? What if he killed them for the guns like he did his mom? What if they werent responsible with them and a baby got a hold of them?

If your crazy son has easy access to your stockpile of guns, and ends up slaughtering a bunch of children with them, then you are not a responsible gun owner.
He KILLED her, asshole
Of course, i guess blaming a dead person is better than blaming an inanimate object. Oh wait...

Not all awkward people have a desire to kill children. That much is certain.
My question is, where else should she have kept them? At a friends house? What if he killed them for the guns like he did his mom? What if they werent responsible with them and a baby got a hold of them?

Exactly. I was a shut in as a teen. I was awkward. I turned out just... well... maybe I'm a bad example. :eusa_shifty:

If your crazy son has easy access to your stockpile of guns, and ends up slaughtering a bunch of children with them, then you are not a responsible gun owner.
He KILLED her, asshole
Of course, i guess blaming a dead person is better than blaming an inanimate object. Oh wait...
She should have tried being responsible.

He KILLED her, asshole

You are absolutely right! I think we should kill her again just to prove a point!

You have to wonder why there was so much redaction...could it be because the people who noticed that Lanza was a weirdo who got scarier all the time couldn't do anything about it? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the days gone that someone can be forcibly placed in a hospital for psychiatric eval and kept there if they are considered dangerous? I seem to remember some years ago, there was a big push for the rights of crazy folks to be crazy or something- so it was considered stomping on their rights to do an intervention.

Never mind. Let's not revisit the idea of forced commitment to protect the innocent on the strength of some dead children. It's the guy's mom's fault. She had guns.

You have to wonder why there was so much redaction...could it be because the people who noticed that Lanza was a weirdo who got scarier all the time couldn't do anything about it? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the days gone that someone can be forcibly placed in a hospital for psychiatric eval and kept there if they are considered dangerous? I seem to remember some years ago, there was a big push for the rights of crazy folks to be crazy or something- so it was considered stomping on their rights to do an intervention.

Never mind. Let's not revisit the idea of forced commitment to protect the innocent on the strength of some dead children. It's the guy's mom's fault. She had guns.

I believe it was reported even back then that she had guns which were locked away. Her son killed her for the keys to the guns safe.

If it was her fault, I say we exhume the body and give her a lethal injection.

He KILLED her, asshole

You are absolutely right! I think we should kill her again just to prove a point!
Let her serve as a lesson to other gun nuts with a stockpile of guns that they don’t secure properly.

I believe it was reported even back then that she had guns which were locked away. Her son killed her for the keys to the guns safe.

Uh huh. But was the redacted material, as I suggested, taking the issue of dealing with crazy people out of the discussion so the focus could remain on guns?

Uh huh. But was the redacted material, as I suggested, taking the issue of dealing with crazy people out of the discussion so the focus could remain on guns?

I'm sure certain names were redacted to protect them from the other crazies. I remember when it was reported that the security guard from Vegas had security of his own. They interviewed a mother whose child was killed in Sandy Hook who said she hired security of her own because conspiracy theorists were constantly following her around and sometimes threatening her life.

I don't know, but I have would have to see what appeared to be redacted first. I know a lot of has to be redacted for privacy information.

Nope a person can still be involuntarily admitted on a 72 hour hold.

He KILLED her, asshole

Let her serve as a lesson to other gun nuts with a stockpile of guns that they don’t secure properly.
According to the reports I read when it happened, they were secure.

If you are under a certain age and if its their parents, i think. I cant just see you in the street and have you admitted..

If you are under a certain age and if its their parents, i think. I cant just see you in the street and have you admitted..

If you think someone is either a danger to themselves or someone else, you call 911 and when the cops show up you explain the situation to them and they can have someone admitted on a 72-hour hold that they can not leave unless the doctor clears them. Once the 72 hour hold is up, if the doctor still feels they are a threat, they can seek a judgment from a judge to have it extended.

If you think someone is either a danger to themselves or someone else, you call 911 and when the cops show up you explain the situation to them and they can have someone admitted on a 72-hour hold that they can not leave unless the doctor clears them. Once the 72 hour hold is up, if the doctor still feels they are a threat, they can seek a judgment from a judge to have it extended.
Looks as if its state laws, not a federal one. I cant find a federal law..

Forum List

Back