FBI releases Sandy Hook investigation documents...

You have to wonder why there was so much redaction...could it be because the people who noticed that Lanza was a weirdo who got scarier all the time couldn't do anything about it? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the days gone that someone can be forcibly placed in a hospital for psychiatric eval and kept there if they are considered dangerous? I seem to remember some years ago, there was a big push for the rights of crazy folks to be crazy or something- so it was considered stomping on their rights to do an intervention.

Never mind. Let's not revisit the idea of forced commitment to protect the innocent on the strength of some dead children. It's the guy's mom's fault. She had guns.

Nope a person can still be involuntarily admitted on a 72 hour hold.
If you are under a certain age and if its their parents, i think. I cant just see you in the street and have you admitted..

If you think someone is either a danger to themselves or someone else, you call 911 and when the cops show up you explain the situation to them and they can have someone admitted on a 72-hour hold that they can not leave unless the doctor clears them. Once the 72 hour hold is up, if the doctor still feels they are a threat, they can seek a judgment from a judge to have it extended.
That may be. But I've heard different. It may vary state to state.

You have to wonder why there was so much redaction...could it be because the people who noticed that Lanza was a weirdo who got scarier all the time couldn't do anything about it? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the days gone that someone can be forcibly placed in a hospital for psychiatric eval and kept there if they are considered dangerous? I seem to remember some years ago, there was a big push for the rights of crazy folks to be crazy or something- so it was considered stomping on their rights to do an intervention.

Never mind. Let's not revisit the idea of forced commitment to protect the innocent on the strength of some dead children. It's the guy's mom's fault. She had guns.

I believe it was reported even back then that she had guns which were locked away. Her son killed her for the keys to the guns safe.

If it was her fault, I say we exhume the body and give her a lethal injection.
Uh huh. But was the redacted material, as I suggested, taking the issue of dealing with crazy people out of the discussion so the focus could remain on guns?

I don't know, but I have would have to see what appeared to be redacted first. I know a lot of has to be redacted for privacy information.
Obviously. The narrative on Lanza before the bodies were even cool was and remained GUNS GUNS GUNS. Just saying, the redacted stuff would make interesting reading, especially since it has been described as "heavily redacted".

Forum List

Back