Favre's Career Ends as I predicted

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
10 years ago I predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending. It so seems that happened with the concussion he still hasn't really recovered from yet.

It's sad to see someone with so great a career end in such a cinematic disaster, but in a way, it's appropriate. Jerry Glanville in 1991 labeled him a trainwreck after barely surviving training camp with his boozing and partying, and was wrong... for 20 years until he ended as one.

Sex scandal, 2 false retirements and a season of disastrous play... with a backdrop of a collapsing metrodome symbolically mimicing the Viking's season and a greek chorus foretelling doom for Childress. Favre tempted fate one too many times, and he has now ended as a punchline that will take years to clean off before people remember him as the paragon he once was with the Packers. Erased, except to Vikings fans will be that glorious single season where he almost made it to the super bowl one last time.

As Beethoven said as his last words:

"Friends, applaud. The comedy is finished."

Last edited:
I am not sure I am convinced he is actually retiring. He's done it so much..

LOL. No no. I don't think any team would touch him with a 10 meter cattle prod. Jen Sterger probably would though... repeatedly. I think his spirit is finally broken.

LOL. No no. I don't think any team would touch him with a 10 meter cattle prod. Jen Sterger probably would though... repeatedly. I think his spirit is finally broken.

Sad how it ended.

10 years ago I predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending.

I predicted this 14 years ago...and I wrote it down, had it notarized, and I buried it in my back yard.

Once the snow melts and the ground thaws, I will dig it up and prove it.

10 years ago I predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending.

I predicted this 14 years ago...and I wrote it down, had it notarized, and I buried it in my back yard.

But did you draw a treasure map to lead back to it?

Yeah, pretty sure it's for real this time. His streak is over, and so I don't think he has anything left to play for. Have we seen the last of him? Doubt it. I'm sure he'll be an analyst or something, but he's taken his last snap.

Favre sucks.

He didn't always.

It's always sad to see their egos get ahead of their common sense.

Yeah, I suppose he was a pretty good QB like 10 years ago but even then he was always one second away from making another moronic decision and throwing the ball to a wide open defensive back at a key moment under pressure in a big game.

Last edited:
Favre sucks.

He didn't always.

Yeah, I suppose he was a pretty good QB like 10 years ago but even then he was always one second away from making another moronic decision and throwing the ball to a wide open defensive back at a key moment under pressure in a big game.

He took risks, no question. When he could still pull them off most of the time it meant bigger payoffs. At his peak his crazy throws were often a thing of beauty. When he couldn't anymore....he never quite realized he couldn't anymore.

10 years ago I predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending. It so seems that happened with the concussion he still hasn't really recovered from yet.

It's sad to see someone with so great a career end in such a cinematic disaster, but in a way, it's appropriate. Jerry Glanville in 1991 labeled him a trainwreck after barely surviving training camp with his boozing and partying, and was wrong... for 20 years until he ended as one.

Sex scandal, 2 false retirements and a season of disastrous play... with a backdrop of a collapsing metrodome symbolically mimicing the Viking's season and a greek chorus foretelling doom for Childress. Favre tempted fate one too many times, and he has now ended as a punchline that will take years to clean off before people remember him as the paragon he once was with the Packers. Erased, except to Vikings fans will be that glorious single season where he almost made it to the super bowl one last time.

Well said Big Fitz.

Sad but true. All except the part where you predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending. I don't ever recall you making such a prediction, but then again I don't read every thread. So I'm going to have to take your word on it.

You and everybody else. I'm willing to bet a majority of football fans thought that Favre would of had to be "carted away on his stretcher" in order to retire.

Well said Big Fitz.

Sad but true. All except the part where you predicted that Favre would not leave football till he suffered a season ending injury that would become career ending. I don't ever recall you making such a prediction, but then again I don't read every thread. So I'm going to have to take your word on it.
I never did it on here. Just with friends and family. Never felt the need to bring it up here. But after enjoying him as a Packer fan for 17 years, it is crushing to realized that he wasn't smart enough to leave football before such a tragedy.

Once the snow melts and the ground thaws, I will dig it up and prove it.

The snow may melt, but the motherfuckin popsicles never will bitch!

Favre sucks.

He didn't always.

Well at least he didn't do that in the NFC championship game last year.

The drama's not done yet. :lol:

Brett Favre Sued For Sexual Harassment

Two team massage therapists—yeah, these two—have sued Favre and the Jets for sexual harassment. The women claim he propositioned them via text message (for a threesome), and weren't re-hired by the Jets after they complained. And here we go.

Good Morning America has the exclusive, and it's pretty much what we expected. Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole filed suit in New York State Supreme Court today, claiming that their time working for the Jets in 2008 was filled with aggressive approaches by Favre, who treated them like a "hanging slab of meat." [UPDATE: You can read the lawsuit for yourself.]
Text messages they allege were sent from Favre include messages like "Brett here, you and Crissy want to get together, I'm all alone," and "Kinda lonely tonight, I guess I have bad intentions." As we reported in October, Scavo's husband confronted Favre and asked for an apology. Joseph Scavo says Favre refused, and his wife and O'Toole came under fire from the woman in charge of hiring the team's massage therapists.

I think, over time, the fact that he's on top of almost every passing record will outweigh the current media gossip that he was trying to get on top of every chick in the Jets locker room.

Forum List

Back