Favorite TV Mini Series?

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
What were some of your favorite TV Mini Series?

One of my favorites was "The Deliberate Stranger". The story of Ted Bundy played by Mark Harmon. I watched this mini-series so many times. I always enjoyed it so much as a kid.

The V

th-2418097002.jpg

There were a lot of them in a couple decade era or so. Many named on this thread. Two would be that I watched and enjoyed were SADAT and GOLIATH AWAITS. And I did look up miniseries as to remember what I did see back then.

The ABC Murders - 2018

Based on the ABC Murders Novel by Agatha Christie staring John Malkovich as Poirot. This miniseries has 3 episodes.

Same here.

V and the stand were so exciting for me and I couldn't wait for the next week's episode. Id prepare snacks in advance and be ready to go.

I've got them both on blu ray and e every once in a while I watch them and still like them a lot.

I don't remember if war of the worlds was supposed to be a mini series or not but I liked that one also. Even though it only came on at 1am on my area at the time.

That's a good one.

I seem to remember liking Rich Man, Poor Man and The Winds of War, but I wouldn't necessarily call them "favorites." I might watch them again if the popped up on TV, but I wouldn't seek them out.
There have been some excellent mini series over the years.

Lonesome Dove.
Definitely in a class by itself, as far as Westerns go. I read the book and the miniseries stayed completely true to the book. The casting couldn't have been better.

My favroite was the first two seasons of Narcos. The production quality and casting on this was the best I've ever seen. Clearly those who made this series wanted it to be as compelling as it was accurate and they got everything right.

My next favorite is Breaking Bad. No need to review this one, everyone has seen, or at least, knows about it.

My next favorite was Band of Brothers. I have the DVD set of this and am planning on rewatching the series again. Spielberg being involved makes sure they get the small details right, and they did. I loved hearing from Dick Winters and others who were in Easy Company at the start of each episode.

My next favorite was Band of Brothers. I have the DVD set of this and am planning on rewatching the series again. Spielberg being involved makes sure they get the small details right, and they did. I loved hearing from Dick Winters and others who were in Easy Company at the start of each episode.

Read the book, it makes the mini-series that much better.

Forum List

Back