I'm watching forest, Forest Gump now

Life-Is-Like-A-Box-OF-Chocolate.png

Saw it 25 years ago and I'm doing it again. I still don't think it's all that great. I'm sad Bubba died.

Bubba's death was just part of a bigger picture, part of the bigger point of the movie, to show a man who manages to live through and experience all sorts of horrendous things, and still maintain his childlike innocence.

I consider Forrest Gump to be part of a trinity of movies, which also includes Taxi Driver and Falling Down.

Though these three movies are very different, and their protagonists are very different, they all get down to the same point, which is to shows us the world through the eyes of a protagonist who sees it very differently than we would, in order to show us how fucked-up the world is from the point of view of each movie.

I was an X-Ray tech back in the 90s, working at a small community hospital in Fairhope, AL when in comes a request for a routine X-Ray, and when I greeted the patient I had to look up to him. I'm 6'1 so I don't look up to a lot of folks, routinely. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him until I processed the paperwork. He was the author of the book they used to make the movie. He lived in that area growing up. Super nice guy.

Forum List

Back