Apple TV - Masters of the Air mini series starting.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Looks good, some of the same folks involved that did "The Pacific".
Telling the story of the crew of the "Flying Fortress" B-52 Bombers during WW II.

If anyone signs up for a month to watch this - I can tell you other very good series on AppleTv.

Looks good, some of the same folks involved that did "The Pacific".
Telling the story of the crew of the "Flying Fortress" B-52 Bombers during WW II.

If anyone signs up for a month to watch this - I can tell you other very good series on AppleTv.

Check your history via Wiki ...

"Flying Fortress" is the Boeing B-17;

Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress - Wikipedia

450px-B17_-_Chino_Airshow_2014_%28framed%29.jpg

The B-52, also a Boeing bomber, was first flown about a decade later, early 1950s and still flies today;

Boeing B-52 Stratofortress - Wikipedia

450px-B-52_Stratofortress_assigned_to_the_307th_Bomb_Wing_%28cropped%29.jpg

Note that the B-17 Flying Fortress was a piston engine, propeller powered bomber while the B-52 is a turbo-jet powered bomber. Different eras and different technologies.

FWIW ...

What’s Fact and What’s Fiction in Masters of the Air​

Collectively; a blasting of the Norden bombsight, some spiel about good luck charms and aircrew superstitions, and a disclaimer that the 100th Bomb group was the most unluckiest (in causalities) of allother bomb groups - BGs- in the 8th Air Force.

Last edited:
First episode shows promise, first episodes have to spend time introducing characters and building their stories.
Only negative is I don't agree with the choice for the main character Gale "Buck" Cleven. He is the same actor that portrayed Elvis in the recent movie by Hanks.
IMO - he is too much of a pretty boy, a bit feminine even.
The actual Gale Clevin looks nothing like him.

Austin_Butler_(52123912556).jpg

1707120954370000001_29_2.jpg

Forum List

Back