Favorite piece of the chicken??????

What's your favorite piece of the chicken?

• Heart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liver

• Gizzard

• Wings

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Legs

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Thighs

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Back

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Breast

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Neck

• Lips

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Inquiring minds want to know... What's your favorite piece of the chicken? Which one do you go for first when the opportunity arises?

I like the wings.

No doubt the breast! However chicken wings are great, not the actual wing, rather whatever they make buffalo wings from!

You left one piece out BBD - the wishbone. The ultimate in delicacy, most flavorful, most tender, and most coveted piece of the chicken from the days when we cut up the whole fryer into pieces to fry. It has always been Mr. Foxfyre's favorite piece and I saved it for him. The rest of the breast was cut into two equal rib sections with the rib meat being a VERY close second to the wishbone in flavor and pure delight.

Unfortunately they now grow whole fryers hen size and they aren't as tasty and succulant as the 2-1/2 lb fryers we once could get. And most chicken sold these days is already cut into pieces making it impossible to re-create the speciql culinary treats of old. And those gizzards, livers, and hearts are also hard to come by these days.

Hands down it's the thighs.

oooh babby, I knew you'd say that....can I ..uhm come over for a thigh? :cool:

humpday-2.jpg

Chicken legs are actually served as appetizers in chinese restaurants.

the part below the drumsticks with feet toenails and all.

Last edited:
Inquiring minds want to know... What's your favorite piece of the chicken? Which one do you go for first when the opportunity arises?

I like the wings.

You missed my two favorites....

Crispy skin and the "oyster" ...that little piece of meat just above the thigh that attaches ot the back.

Favorite piece of the chicken??????

The back, I can hit him at a 1000 meters as he's running. Oh. You mean the feathery kind. Never mind..........

not much for chicken......just not much for chicken.....and i made the mistake of marrying a southern baptist preacher's son......

but here is my favorite part of the chicken....the cock's comb lol

creste.jpg

I am amazed that the thighs are leading the poll. That is the only part of the chicken that goes begging at our house. I usually don't even bother to fry or bar-b-que them. The only way I buy them is if they are attached to the whole chicken.

Bone-in breast.
If cooked correctly it is no contest, however it is rare to find someone who knows how to.
Legs and thighs are the favorite of most - because they have always found breast to be too dry or flavorless because the bones were removed.

Forum List

Back