Favorite PC Game

I'm not too much into driving games. I did try GTA4 and almost finished it before I just got tired of the whole thing. I would never buy another GTA. I played Watchdogs, thought the main theme was way short but just never went back and did anymore side missions. That game was rather hard, especially the hacking aspect. I played Saints Row 3. Now, that game was a hoot, but I never did finish that one, either. I guess I got tired of having to lower my IQ just trying to be serious with the game. I know others, who couldn't make it through the first segment. They thought it was too stupid and gave up on it.
Apparently, you made the wrong decision and Roman got killed.

I'm not too much into driving games. I did try GTA4 and almost finished it before I just got tired of the whole thing. I would never buy another GTA. I played Watchdogs, thought the main theme was way short but just never went back and did anymore side missions. That game was rather hard, especially the hacking aspect. I played Saints Row 3. Now, that game was a hoot, but I never did finish that one, either. I guess I got tired of having to lower my IQ just trying to be serious with the game. I know others, who couldn't make it through the first segment. They thought it was too stupid and gave up on it.

It has been awhile since I last played GTA4, but I was trying to complete 2 missions, one for the Irish and the other for the Mafia. I kept letting the Mafia boss get killed, and the game kept restarting. I had problems getting through the parking lot. I was killing Mafia guys right and left, but the next thing I would be hit with the chief died. I finally said to hell with it and quit altogether. With the Irish mission, I never could see why Roman would want to marry that ugly Irish girl when his best girl friend turned out to be an undercover agent.

I was playing AC Unity last night so alt-tabbed over to Task Manager. I discovered at that point with the game paused that I was using just over 5 Gigs of my 8 Gigs of Ram and my CPU was running at 2.62 Gigahertz, and the maximum frequency of my processor is 2.66 gigahertz. Now my CPU will overclock itself up to past 3 Gigs if it has to, but now I can see why the game has some choppy performance. The game seems to be hogging the CPU. It makes me wonder what use is my graphics card, since it doesn't seem to be used all that much? Now, the dropped frame rates aren't all that bad with me. The game is still playable. Granted there are a lot of NPC's running around, depicting the throngs of people walking the streets in 1791 France, but to minimize the choppiness, I take to the roofs where there are no people, just the occasional loyalist snipers, which are a royal pain in the ass at times. The game is a virtual resources hog, but it does have some nice graphics of the French buildings of that era.

Last edited:

It has been awhile since I last played GTA4, but I was trying to complete 2 missions, one for the Irish and the other for the Mafia. I kept letting the Mafia boss get killed, and the game kept restarting. I had problems getting through the parking lot. I was killing Mafia guys right and left, but the next thing I would be hit with the chief died. I finally said to hell with it and quit altogether. With the Irish mission, I never could see why Roman would want to marry that ugly Irish girl when his best girl friend turned out to be an undercover agent.
And after Vlad was busy with her. That´s love, man.

I never played that Sims game, seems a bit boring to me. If I'm not running around shooting or stabbing people, it isn't worth playing.

I never played that Sims game, seems a bit boring to me. If I'm not running around shooting or stabbing people, it isn't worth playing.

I play the game at times but like the building part more.

I had enough running around and shooting people in real life. Not against that idea in games though ... Just don't have to do it to have fun.

The shooting games are real popular with the military deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Make believe shooting helps them unwind from a hard day of real shooting in the field.

The shooting games are real popular with the military deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Make believe shooting helps them unwind from a hard day of real shooting in the field.

That is completely understandable ... They are geared to shooter games in ways a civilian here couldn't even imagine. In fact, you do what you do and if it is the subject of a game, I can certainly see where that is appealing.

They will come home sooner or later (hopefully) ... Won't be living the real deal every day. Some will continue to love the games like any normal civilian might. Some will love the games because it reminds them of the adrenaline high they had doing the same thing. Others may play those games at times, and enjoy other games when it suits them.

Some may sit down to play the shooter games ... And think, "This is some lame-ass shit". This is the category I fall in ... Even though I still play shooter games every now and then.

That is completely understandable ... They are geared to shooter games in ways a civilian here couldn't even imagine. In fact, you do what you do and if it is the subject of a game, I can certainly see where that is appealing.

They will come home sooner or later (hopefully) ... Won't be living the real deal every day. Some will continue to love the games like any normal civilian might. Some will love the games because it reminds them of the adrenaline high they had doing the same thing. Others may play those games at times, and enjoy other games when it suits them.

Some may sit down to play the shooter games ... And think, "This is some lame-ass shit". This is the category I fall in ... Even though I still play shooter games every now and then.

You must have just finished Saints Row 3. Now, that was some lame ass game. It was a lot of fun, but I just abandoned the whole thing. I couldn't take it anymore.

Now, I like to sit down and play a good game of Chess. Then again, there's that war game aspect of it.

I recently acquired a desktop pc that will play my Medal of Honor 10th Anniversary bundle. So I have something to do while hibernating this winter.

I have just about had to give up on Assassins Creed Unity. It is just too choppy. I have gotten down to the last sequence, sequence 12 but let that wait until I complete most of the side missions. It is possible to do the Co-Op missions by yourself, using a lot of stealth. I have tried to join some Co-Op missions with other players, but every time I attempt it, the server kicks me out.

Granted, I don't even have the minimum requirements of an I-5 processor to play the game, but I have always been able to get by with my Q9400. Even players with Core I-7 have complained about the lagging frames. I believe I am down to 5 frames per second. That is how laggy the game has become, and the choppiness occurs everywhere in the game, not just in certain spots. There is a patch 3 that has been released, but it has not yet been disseminated to us PC users. What I hear, it has not yet addressed the choppiness of the game. I regret that I bought this game too early, but I figured I had to hurry, since last year, you couldn't find a copy of Black Flag on store shelves. They were only selling it for console games. Word to the wise, wait several months before getting a new game so that all the bugs can be worked out of it. The game would be awesome if it weren't for the choppiness.

I have just about had to give up on Assassins Creed Unity. It is just too choppy. I have gotten down to the last sequence, sequence 12 but let that wait until I complete most of the side missions. It is possible to do the Co-Op missions by yourself, using a lot of stealth. I have tried to join some Co-Op missions with other players, but every time I attempt it, the server kicks me out.

Granted, I don't even have the minimum requirements of an I-5 processor to play the game, but I have always been able to get by with my Q9400. Even players with Core I-7 have complained about the lagging frames. I believe I am down to 5 frames per second. That is how laggy the game has become, and the choppiness occurs everywhere in the game, not just in certain spots. There is a patch 3 that has been released, but it has not yet been disseminated to us PC users. What I hear, it has not yet addressed the choppiness of the game. I regret that I bought this game too early, but I figured I had to hurry, since last year, you couldn't find a copy of Black Flag on store shelves. They were only selling it for console games. Word to the wise, wait several months before getting a new game so that all the bugs can be worked out of it. The game would be awesome if it weren't for the choppiness.

You are well under the minimum specs. As usual, Ubi wrote the game for the consoles and ported to the PC. A dumb move but one ingrained in the large publishers. PC outsells XBox One and PS4 combined, but the publishers still cater to consoles. Although Unity runs poorly on the consoles as well.

I have played Fallout 3 many times along with New Vegas. I don't know about the previous Fallout games. I hear they are based on turn-based strategy, and I have no idea what that is.

You are well under the minimum specs. As usual, Ubi wrote the game for the consoles and ported to the PC. A dumb move but one ingrained in the large publishers. PC outsells XBox One and PS4 combined, but the publishers still cater to consoles. Although Unity runs poorly on the consoles as well.

I have thought about updating by putting in a new motherboard, processor and memory but keep my present video card, hard drive and power supply. It would still mean I'd have to reload Windows 8 and all my other software, which would be a royal pain in the neck. Since I heard others were experiencing the same choppiness, I have decided to hold off and see what Ubi comes up with for a fix. I remember when Return to Castle Wolfenstein came out. That game forced me to update. AC Unity may be the one to force my hand.

Forum List

Back