Favorite PC Game

please. it's had one of the most successful console launches ever

Not only has the PS4 been a disaster for Sony, prompting them to end their CE line completely, the general fourth gen consoles have been disappointing, to say the least.

While it is no surprise that PC games outsell the PS4 and Xbox One combined, what is a surprise is that for the first time in a decade, PC games are outselling ALL the consoles, including the popular PS3 and XBox 360.

As Global PC Game Revenue Surpasses Consoles How Long Should Console Makers Keep Fighting - Forbes

Sony confirms there will never be a PS5, and it is doubtful that R&D costs will ever be recouped. While this happens with early versions of consoles, that the sales of a mature platform have been so poor has forced the corporation to reevaluate the strategy.

PS4 - so successful that we shut the company down!
sony hasn't confirmed anything of the sort - and the ps4 has been far from a disaster. it's sold 10 million units in its first nine months. that's an unprecedented success.
sony ce is going nowhere, and neither is console gaming.

One of the best FPS with surpassing AI.

FEAR?

An oldy but a goody.

I was surprised at how good FEAR 3 turned out to be - considering how bad FEAR 2 was. Neither were anywhere near the first, they were dumbed WAY down for consoles, but 3 added back a small bit of intelligence.

I played the FEAR 2 Demo and was not taken with it. Also never played the Add on for FEAR.

One of the best FPS with surpassing AI.

FEAR?

An oldy but a goody.

I was surprised at how good FEAR 3 turned out to be - considering how bad FEAR 2 was. Neither were anywhere near the first, they were dumbed WAY down for consoles, but 3 added back a small bit of intelligence.

FEAR 3 was okay. I wasn't a big fan of how they butchered the storyline, however.

They basically completely dropped everything having to do with the Senator or anything else outside of Alma herself.

I finished Assassins Creed IV Blackflag today for the second time around. I decided to buy the DLC, Freedom Cry for $9.95 since it is the version that will work if you already have the PC game. I gave them my credit card number. They gave me the okay to download the game, well at least I thought they did. Instead, I see a download button for the Uplay Installer. I clicked the button and downloaded the installer. Upon running the installer installation, I was met with the message that I already possessed a newer version of the installer. So the whole process quit. When I start Assassins Creed IV, I get the message that "Freedom Cry DLC is unlocked but not installed. Please run the Freedom Cry DLC Installation". Well, that would be quite easy if I knew where the installation was located, but every time I go to the e-mail they send me, the only download button I get is the Uplay Installer button. Where the hell is the game to download? I am so frustrated that I called my credit card and told them to dispute the order. I also contacted Ubisoft support and told them I wanted a refund and told them the situation. I have yet to hear from Ubisoft and probably won't. I am getting the sinking suspicion that Ubisoft is a crooked organization. Had I ordered this DLC from Steam, I would already be playing the game, but since I'm running the Ubisoft platform to play AC4, I didn't think there would be a problem. Word to the wise, don't buy anything online from Ubisoft. At least, it was only $9.95, but I hate being cheated by people who don't give a rat's ass about their customers. This experience has soured me so much that I probably won't buy Assassins Creed Unity or any more games coming out of Ubisoft.

I finished Assassins Creed IV Blackflag today for the second time around. I decided to buy the DLC, Freedom Cry for $9.95 since it is the version that will work if you already have the PC game. I gave them my credit card number. They gave me the okay to download the game, well at least I thought they did. Instead, I see a download button for the Uplay Installer. I clicked the button and downloaded the installer. Upon running the installer installation, I was met with the message that I already possessed a newer version of the installer. So the whole process quit. When I start Assassins Creed IV, I get the message that "Freedom Cry DLC is unlocked but not installed. Please run the Freedom Cry DLC Installation". Well, that would be quite easy if I knew where the installation was located, but every time I go to the e-mail they send me, the only download button I get is the Uplay Installer button. Where the hell is the game to download? I am so frustrated that I called my credit card and told them to dispute the order. I also contacted Ubisoft support and told them I wanted a refund and told them the situation. I have yet to hear from Ubisoft and probably won't. I am getting the sinking suspicion that Ubisoft is a crooked organization. Had I ordered this DLC from Steam, I would already be playing the game, but since I'm running the Ubisoft platform to play AC4, I didn't think there would be a problem. Word to the wise, don't buy anything online from Ubisoft. At least, it was only $9.95, but I hate being cheated by people who don't give a rat's ass about their customers. This experience has soured me so much that I probably won't buy Assassins Creed Unity or any more games coming out of Ubisoft.
You could try another source for Uplay.
Download Uplay 4.6 - Softpedia

I tried Softpedia's version, but I still get the same message that I have a more recent copy of Uplay. I even made another folder and installed the copy of Uplay elsewhere, but all it did was erase my previous Black Flag games, not that I care, since I finished the game; but there is still no evidence of a download for Freedom Cry.

Personally, I'm a Starcraft and AoE fan. Waited with buying S:WoL until it went down in price. It was $60. Bought it today for $20.

So I've been playing the game a bit, and I have been getting my butt handed to me a bit too frequently. Anyone else here play the game? I'm online with a battle.net account, and wouldn't mind having some practice. I've found the strong points in each race, but I haven't been able to really work out the weaknesses of each, which the A.I. almost always exploits.

Have you tried to remove Uplay completely before you reinstall that crap?

I have removed Uplay but no change. My next step is to uninstall Black Flag, but I don't know how well that will do since I have 5 other Assassins Creed games installed as well. I have finished everyone of them and could probably use the extra space deleting all of them would bring. Looks like I will always have some type of Uplay reference up there, regardless.

Have you tried to remove Uplay completely before you reinstall that crap?

I have removed Uplay but no change. My next step is to uninstall Black Flag, but I don't know how well that will do since I have 5 other Assassins Creed games installed as well. I have finished everyone of them and could probably use the extra space deleting all of them would bring. Looks like I will always have some type of Uplay reference up there, regardless.
I consider this launcher jungle a mess. Origin, Steam, Uplay and each makes its own problems...

After numerous trouble tickets that Ubisoft kept closing out without helping me, I determined that they sent me the instructions for the standalone Freedom Cry game. I purchased the add on to be used with Assassins Creed Blackflag. After more trouble tickets where I demanded a refund, somebody finally got on the stick and determined that in order to install the DLC, I had to go to the AC4 play button, then hit the arrow to scroll down to the app that would verify my files. I clicked on "Verify my Files". The check determined that I was missing software (yeah, the DLC) and then installed it. The correct instructions would have been nice, but that would have been too easy for Ubisoft. That's the problem with them, a cast of thousands, but nobody knows anything.

Okay, I have been enjoying playing Freedom Cry these past few days, but without sounding racist, I notice some things. With the original Black Flag game, Edward Kenway had to work hard for any improved tools. He had to hunt and skin animals so he could craft holsters for his extra pistols, pouches for ammunition and blow darts as well as create armor. He had to take out various ships so he could get metal and cloth to improve his ship's hull, cannons, and qualify for improved cannon balls and mortar shot. He also had to steal a lot of money and do assassin contracts to obtain enough money to buy these ship improvements. Things were not like Assassins Creed III where the only thing needed to improve your ship was lots of money. Edward Kenway had to go through a lot of the game before he could get better equipment. On the other hand, our principal character in Freedom Cry, Adewale doesn't have to craft anything. All he does is free countless numbers of slave throughout Port Au Prince and the Caribbean islands, and he is awarded free ammo pouches, free ammo and free ship's ammo as well as almost a complete ship. He even gets a diving bell. Edward Kenway had to complete several missions before he could qualify to purchase a diving bell. Adewale is given everything free. It reminds me of an island welfare program similar to what some here in the states enjoy. Is Ubisoft making a political statement? Other than that, the game play is very similar to the original Black Flag with fights galore. I can't go anywhere without being spotted and attacked.

Adewale's face looks surprisingly like Connor from ACIII, but with different skin textures. I suppose Ubisoft has run out of different faces for their principal characters. Hmm! Perhaps Connor and Adewale are related somehow, but that's not supposed to be possible, since Connor was Edward Kenway's grandson.

Anybody playing The Shadow of Mordor? It's a 3rd person open world role playing game that is a blast, though there's a learning curve for the various keyboard combinations for the different fighting skills and abilities. It can be quite challenging when taking on Orc captains and war chiefs, since they won't fight you one on one. In every type genre of game, when you are in a boss fight, you have to not only take on the boss but hordes of his followers as well.

Now playing Risen 3

jbdjs3np.jpg

Forum List

Back