Favorite PC Game

Now playing Risen 3

jbdjs3np.jpg

How is this game? I've heard mixed reviews but it seems like a lot of fun.
Very nice. Nice, sometimes rough, dialogues, nice landscapes. Never bores me.
It is a typical Piranha Bytes game what means, its a good game.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl. I am gearing up for Civilization: Beyond Earth. I am a huge Civ nut.

A strange thing happened yesterday. I was playing Shadow of Mordor. Then I put the game on pause and alt tabbed to my Quicken program. When I finished, I alt-tabbed back only to see a black screen. Try as I might, I couldn't get the game back. So, I closed out the game, and restarted it. Lo and behold, everything was gone, my game progress and game settings. Now, I have started all over again. The quests are the same, but you never meet the same Orc Captain again. It's random for the enemies you meet.

Getting back to the DLC, Freedom Cry for Assassins Creed IV, Blackflag. When I downloaded the DLC on September 30, several days later, I discovered that I picked up an annoying malware app that caused popup ads to appear. My virus scan identified it as Dueal4Me but said it couldn't be uninstalled. When I went into Control Panel, it was there, but Uninstall wouldn't work. I surfed for info on it and was told to reset Internet Explorer to Default settings. I went into Firefox and discovered that this malware was inserted as an Add-on. I removed it. I ran a search and discovered it under Program Data. I removed it from Program Data and then went into my registry and removed all mention of it. There was a site that told me I could download their app, which would remove it for me. I didn't bite because I figured that it might remove it but add more malware that I didn't need. This is truly a lesson to me in that I will never buy anymore DLC content from Ubisoft.

Do you do walkthroughs with no commentary? If so, I will add you to my list of players I watch play. :)

Do you do walkthroughs with no commentary? If so, I will add you to my list of players I watch play. :)
No, I just want to give an overview with the clips. If I know an entire game from walkthroughs and Lets Plays I don´t have the motivation to play it anymore. Feel free to add me but you´ll see the vids in this thread anyway.

If I could still handle a joystick, I would play that game. I am on part 28 right now. I think there are 35 vids. It has kept me interested so thats a good sign. And I love watching others play since I can't.

I just started playing Assassins Creed, Unity. It bills a minimum processor at I5 and maximum, I7. I have an Intel Q9400 dual quad core processor with an NVIDIA GTX 660. The game lists at least a 680. So far I have experienced very choppy play, but I got rid of that choppiness by turning down the X and Y mouse sensitivity to as low as it goes and also disabling the vibration mode. With the choppiness solved, I find that the new game is much harder to play than previous AC games. It has a high learning curve, since your character is completely green and only has some rudimentary sword fighting skills. Prepare to get cut down in the streets quite often until your skills can improve. You also must buy these skills with something called Helix credits, which are quite scarce.

The climbing skills are still there, provided you map the proper keys to do the sprinting and jumping. Your character also can't just jump off a building. In some cases, when trying to escape bad guys, you are left hugging a wall. I was running along the wall and stopped dead in my tracks, discovering that my feet had disappeared into the floor. Luckily, I wasn't being chased, but it meant restarting the game all over and losing progress. There appear to be a few bugs, which haven't been properly patched out, but then again the game is s new yet, having just been released November 11.

The map sequence in this game is horrible. Talk about utter confusion and constantly necessitating having to enlarge the map to see where you are. Nothing is labeled, which means you have to go into the legend to figure out what the icons mean.

In all perspective, though, this game has a lot to do in it, just on side missions alone. I would expect that I could get lost in this game for over a year and never quite finish everything that it is possible to do.

Regarding the choppiness in AC Unity, it's still there in some sections. I may just have to bite the bullet and upgrade to a faster PC, though others have complained on the Steam forums about the choppiness as well. When the game gets choppy, it becomes real hard to win a swordfight because the block comes after the enemy has struck you dead. Last night, there was a mission where I had to escape a burning building by climbing higher, but the keys just wouldn't work, even though the surface was climbable. Then all of a sudden they started working. No, it isn't my keyboard. It's a new keyboard, granted I bang the heck out of it, playing games and doing routine typing. Years ago, "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" forced me to upgrade. Now it appears to be Unity that's going to force the issue and what a pain that will be, reloading all the software. I have all the latest NVIDIA drivers, updated last week. I have the most recent patch to the game, but it's still choppy in places. lt looks like it's quite a memory hog as well, and I only have 8 gigs of RAM and DDR2 at that.

I'm not too much into driving games. I did try GTA4 and almost finished it before I just got tired of the whole thing. I would never buy another GTA. I played Watchdogs, thought the main theme was way short but just never went back and did anymore side missions. That game was rather hard, especially the hacking aspect. I played Saints Row 3. Now, that game was a hoot, but I never did finish that one, either. I guess I got tired of having to lower my IQ just trying to be serious with the game. I know others, who couldn't make it through the first segment. They thought it was too stupid and gave up on it.

Forum List

Back