Favorite PC Game

I've been playing a lot of Paradox games lately, Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 especially.

I got fed up with playing rage, because it has some car racing in it, and I am a lousy driver and I keep crashing. So I loaded "Wolfenstein the new order " and I have been playing it for hours today. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes shooting a lot of Germans.

Yeah, I already finished that new Wolfenstein game. It was a fairly short game, and I was able to run through it fairly fast, even though there were some challenging areas.

When I bought it, the Gamestop clerk made it quite clear that if it wouldn't play on my PC that I couldn't return it. Seems Gamestop was concerned that the game manufacturers claimed that your PC had to have at least a Core I7 before it would play. Well, that was pure bull shit because I have an Intel Q9400 dual quad core processor at 2.66 Ghz, 8 gigs of Ram, and an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660, and the game played quite superbly. I gathered that the game manufacturers didn't know computers all that well, and just threw out Core I7 because it sounded good. I noticed that they listed a rather low end Nvidia graphics card,which didn't make any sense if you had to have a Core I7.

Why would you listen to a kid at Gamestop? The back of the box lists the requirements. If ever in doubt goto canirunit.com it never failed me on my old pc's

A kid? More like a guy in his 40's, but the back of the box did list Core I7 as the only way to play the game. I bought it anyway, because if my PC couldn't play it, then I would have had an excuse to build a new PC. Well, the old PC played it quite well and Core I7 is not needed. I know anybody that has an I5 was worried. I5's are great processors for game playing.

Delta force 1
Delta Force 2
Delta Force LW
Delta Force BHD
Halo
Battfield 2
Battlefield 3
COD seris

Dude, I was the best sniper ever on DF2. I killed 120 scumbags in just one mission online once with the 50 cal. I could hit them moving all day long. I miss that game. Private Parts(Texans). Of course the cheats got bad and the game finally faded away.

I'm glad you clarified what DF2 meant because I had conjured up all kinds of things.

Yeah, I already finished that new Wolfenstein game. It was a fairly short game, and I was able to run through it fairly fast, even though there were some challenging areas.

When I bought it, the Gamestop clerk made it quite clear that if it wouldn't play on my PC that I couldn't return it. Seems Gamestop was concerned that the game manufacturers claimed that your PC had to have at least a Core I7 before it would play. Well, that was pure bull shit because I have an Intel Q9400 dual quad core processor at 2.66 Ghz, 8 gigs of Ram, and an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660, and the game played quite superbly. I gathered that the game manufacturers didn't know computers all that well, and just threw out Core I7 because it sounded good. I noticed that they listed a rather low end Nvidia graphics card,which didn't make any sense if you had to have a Core I7.

Why would you listen to a kid at Gamestop? The back of the box lists the requirements. If ever in doubt goto canirunit.com it never failed me on my old pc's

A kid? More like a guy in his 40's, but the back of the box did list Core I7 as the only way to play the game. I bought it anyway, because if my PC couldn't play it, then I would have had an excuse to build a new PC. Well, the old PC played it quite well and Core I7 is not needed. I know anybody that has an I5 was worried. I5's are great processors for game playing.

I was wondering if wolfenstein would work on my new processor, but it works fine. I have a 3.2 gig intel processor I don't know what core it is.

7daystodie just had major update, now has random world generation. The shit looks great.

7DaystoDieScreenshotAplha95.png

7DaystoDieScreenshotAplha91.png

7DaystoDieScreenshotAplha93.png

Dammit, I am stuck in wolfenstein the new order. I cannot work out how to slide under a girder in the beggining of the chapter, London nautica. I do not know how to slide under the girder and I have tried using the C key along with the forward key, but it does not work. Anyone got any idea what I am supposed to do?

Dammit, I am stuck in wolfenstein the new order. I cannot work out how to slide under a girder in the beggining of the chapter, London nautica. I do not know how to slide under the girder and I have tried using the C key along with the forward key, but it does not work. Anyone got any idea what I am supposed to do?

You are on the right track.

You have to sprint toward the beam, and hit C at the last second - while still holding shift and W.

Thanks a lot, uncensored. I got under the beam, and I even avoided getting eaten by the big dog.

"Lunar Lander" on my first "computer" Commodore Vic-20 :)

"Bard's Tale" on my Apple 2e

"Wizardry 7" on my first IBM-compat (486 DX4-100)

"Everquest" on this box I'm still on (p2-400)

Well, I have finished the original Assassins Creed and have gone back to playing Assassins Creed III. I had to start it all over because I forgot how to fight. The part that made me quit AC3 the first time was riding to save the Indian village. I finally got through it. What was killing me was that the last messenger you had to kill had to be shot twice. If you killed him, then you could walk your horse to the Indian village. Now, I'm trying to kill Haytham Kenway, and it's tough, but I think I'm near the end of the game. I can hardly wait for the release of AC 5, Unity.

Well I done, did It. I just finished 'wolfenstein the new order'. The last bit was difficult but I got through it after a number of attempts. I recommend the game to anyone. That's if you don't mind stabbing Germans in the neck.

Well I done, did It. I just finished 'wolfenstein the new order'. The last bit was difficult but I got through it after a number of attempts. I recommend the game to anyone. That's if you don't mind stabbing Germans in the neck.
played it on ps4, but i loved that game.

So you're the guy? :eek:

I heard Sony had sold one of those things, but none of the tech sites had the name of the guy who bought it.

Now I know! :D

I finished Assassins Creed III after the 2nd attempt and am now replaying AC4 Blackflag. I am concentrating on doing the side missions and taking out all the forts.

In AC3, the 2nd time around, I did all the naval battle missions and found them quite easy. All you had to do was upgrade your ship and you were good to go. In AC4 you can't just pay for upgrades for your ship. You have to progress further in the missions, which means you're going to get shot out of the water more.

Right now, I'm trying to do the mission where you have to seize a Spanish galleon, but I can't get to the mission because it says the area is not available. I never had this glitch the first time I played the game, but now, I do. I checked other sites, and folks are experiencing the same problem. I know that before I could play this game online again, I had to download a 5 gig patch. I guess the patch did something to the game. There's an old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

So you're the guy? :eek:

I heard Sony had sold one of those things, but none of the tech sites had the name of the guy who bought it.

Now I know! :D
please. it's had one of the most successful console launches ever

When I feel like playing , I'm still using my P4 / XP offline for gaming. Still on Vice City 3. Finished GTA 3 long ago but I'm sure there is a mission or two I skipped.

please. it's had one of the most successful console launches ever

Not only has the PS4 been a disaster for Sony, prompting them to end their CE line completely, the general fourth gen consoles have been disappointing, to say the least.

While it is no surprise that PC games outsell the PS4 and Xbox One combined, what is a surprise is that for the first time in a decade, PC games are outselling ALL the consoles, including the popular PS3 and XBox 360.

As Global PC Game Revenue Surpasses Consoles How Long Should Console Makers Keep Fighting - Forbes

Sony confirms there will never be a PS5, and it is doubtful that R&D costs will ever be recouped. While this happens with early versions of consoles, that the sales of a mature platform have been so poor has forced the corporation to reevaluate the strategy.

PS4 - so successful that we shut the company down!

Forum List

Back