Favorite PC Game

My favorite PC game is still Civilization IV.

I'm not a big fan of the newest installment.

Never tried it. I have Civ-V and have played it some.

You ever try the TotalWar games? Similar structure but with a whole lot more tactical depth.

Shogun 2

Never played Civ-V but Civ-IV is great because of all the scenarios. My fav being the WWII despite the bad graphics for it.

TotalWar is good in its own right. I own Rome and Empires. Empires is good because you can do the whole story of America, from the french and indian wars, to the war for independance and beyond. Although I find it lacking somewhat because a full cannon army beats anything. I dunno, to me is seems as though they would need some sort of support. While I'm also glad they added naval battles, if you choose to fight them, the battles can become very unrealistic very fast.

The Civ series (I've played all of them except Civ 5).
Europa Universalis series.
Rise of Nations.

Hi guys..i mostly play these games on my pc..Battlefield 3. Need for speed, tekken 3 and vice city....Tell me guys...which game are you playing on your pc.?

Apparently for me it's Solitaire, Free Cell, Hearts and Syder Solitaire. They're great at putting me to sleep so I play them as often as possible.

Apparently for me it's Solitaire, Free Cell, Hearts and Syder Solitaire. They're great at putting me to sleep so I play them as often as possible.

No "Dead Island" or Diablo III?

No, I like some of the older ones. I have one made for Win 98/2000 which still works with win7. Half of the games I like are from the XP period, some of which still play on 7. Currently I'm enjoying the Stronghold series.

It was only about 6 months ago that I started playing Call of Duty 4 and the later versions of MOH with the high graphics rendering. I always like the old, original Warcraft game which is why I like Stronghold, doesn't require intense concentration and constant interaction to play because I'm usually doing something else at the same time and can't afford to be sucked into the game.

It was only about 6 months ago that I started playing Call of Duty 4 and the later versions of MOH with the high graphics rendering. I always like the old, original Warcraft game which is why I like Stronghold, doesn't require intense concentration and constant interaction to play because I'm usually doing something else at the same time and can't afford to be sucked into the game.

Same from me. I dont have much time to think and gives high concentration on any game. I like high paced game. Anyway, Call of duty Balck Ops is one my most favorite pc game.

I go way back to the original doom, and quake games. And all the early duke nukem games. In fact I used to repair amusement machines, so I played the original space invaders, and asteroids games for free.

I have recently played quake 4 , duke nukem forever, aliens v predator, and I particularly enjoyed Wolfenstein.

I have also played all the versions of half life, and half life two.

Nowdays it seems you cannot get a new pc game that does not need you to go online and open it with steam, and that pisses me off, especially because steam has bugs, and I gave up playing dule nukem forever, because the game did not save properly, and I would have to keep playing the same bits of the game over again.

I go way back to the original doom, and quake games. And all the early duke nukem games. In fact I used to repair amusement machines, so I played the original space invaders, and asteroids games for free.

I have recently played quake 4 , duke nukem forever, aliens v predator, and I particularly enjoyed Wolfenstein.

I have also played all the versions of half life, and half life two.

Nowdays it seems you cannot get a new pc game that does not need you to go online and open it with steam, and that pisses me off, especially because steam has bugs, and I gave up playing dule nukem forever, because the game did not save properly, and I would have to keep playing the same bits of the game over again.

I've had no trouble with Steam. In fact, I love it. No need to hunt down CD's and install codes to replay an old game, and I can get a game I own on any machine. DNF uses a console kiddie "checkpoint" save system, it sucks, but that has nothing to do with Steam.

Has anyone tried Mahjong yet.?I keep playing it and in about twenty games I have got out twice.
It is largely a game of luck in how the tiles fall, but there is some slight skill involved.

Has anyone tried Mahjong yet.?I keep playing it and in about twenty games I have got out twice.
It is largely a game of luck in how the tiles fall, but there is some slight skill involved.

LOL

The Chinese view Mahjong as requiring the skill of chess.

If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista, Mahjong Titans is one of the games included.

Last edited:
My favorite PC game is still Civilization IV.

I'm not a big fan of the newest installment.

I play both.
I love the hex layout in V but hate that you can't stack at least workers to finish roads and improvements quicker. I'm also not crazy about the AI turns being so ridiculously slow, all the more the further you get into the game.
Last game I played on earth map and pretty much owned Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and was expanding westward when the game fucked up. Each reload ended the same. No matter what I do the game freezes on the same turn.
I'm currently over 500 turns into a new game in which I started in East Asia and have nice network of coastal colonies from the Bering Straight to Kuwait. I've completely destroyed Montezuma and in the process picked up 7 or 8 cities covering pretty much all of India. The strongest AI Civ is Spain which has actually colonized in North Africa. I'm pouring on the charm with Isabella in hopes of signing a defensive pact with her soon...provided the game doesn't freeze again.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Civ IV Colonization!!!
I play with the TAC 2.02 mod and am chomping at the bit for the Religion and Revolution mod to be completed. Love the whole collecting of resources and production system the game uses and I'm really hoping R and R delivers the additions the creators are claiming in that regard. Would really love to see this system in a straight forward game without having to worry about building revolutionary sentiment and the incessant tax increases from the Brits. I HATE being forced between accepting an increased tax rate or suffering a trade embargo on specific goods.

Both top notch games but V does need a bit of tweaking.

Forum List

Back