Favorite musical movies

cant believe this one was not mentioned.One of my very favorite.cant think of the name right now but the the one where they made a movie out of it with clint eastwood,the movie is not near as good as the play,they cut out some great musical numbers,they always fuck it up in the movies.Grease the exception.:mad:
If its Paint Your Wagon- It is one of my favorites too. In the movie the Bull chasing them in to the tunnel and knocking down the supports to the town is a funny scene. Didn't care for Eastwood or Lee Marvin singing. The other musical scenes were good.

Last edited:
cant believe this one was not mentioned.One of my very favorite.cant think of the name right now but the the one where they made a movie out of it with clint eastwood,the movie is not near as good as the play,they cut out some great musical numbers,they always fuck it up in the movies.Grease the exception.:mad:
If its Paint Your Wagon- It is one of my favorites too. In the movie the Bull chasing them in to the tunnel and knocking down the supports to the town is a funny scene. Didn't care for Eastwood or Lee Marvin singing. The other musical scenes were good.

that be da one

The Great Waltz. Stuck at home teen with only 2 channels, it was Late Late Show Movie on tv. Only thing on tv.But I ended up loving it.So do my grown grandkids who watched it as toddlers.

I really don't like musicals. But if Rocky Horror Picture Show is one, I'm in.
And The Sound of Music. Saw it in my early formative years, know every song word for word and alarmed the cat mightily when I used to start singing along when it was on tv.

My Fair Lady
Fiddler on the Roof
West Side Story
Jesus Christ Superstar
Camelot
Sound of Music
Phantom of the Opera
Porgy & Bess
Grease

I know I'm missing some. I love musicals.

Paint your Wagons
[/yeah

Paint your Wagons
Yeah that’s the one,the name escaped me last night.the play is the bomb,the movie just so so.

Forum List

Back