Favorite musical movies

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
Night and Day the life of Cole Porter. 1943- Well done movie on his life up to 1943. Great musical numbers. Cary Grant plays Porter. A movie with no flaws.

'The Last Waltz' directed by Martin Scorsese

220px-LastWaltzMoviePoster.jpg

So many good ones, but top 5 that come to mind:
Fiddler on the Roof
Oklahoma
Sound of Music
West Side Story
Lion King (original-will be interesting to see what Speilberg's done with his version out in 2021 now in post-production)

I have several musicals that I love.

King and I?

yes, especially the Shall we Dance number.

West side Story?
Agree fully about King and I-loved that one and forgot about it when coming up with my short list or it would have been on there.
Sorry, seeing gang bangers doing ballet ain't my style.
lol Even though I get what you're saying, I just have to say that those must have been some really good actors to make you think they were true thugs :p. Think of the kids who took drama back in high school, now add extra talent wherever needed and voila! A gang banger doing ballet! Surely it's a rare event when someone who took drama goes all gang busters! It could happen though but they might give themselves away wearing tights underneath their pants;)

I have several musicals that I love.

King and I?

yes, especially the Shall we Dance number.

West side Story?
Agree fully about King and I-loved that one and forgot about it when coming up with my short list or it would have been on there.
Sorry, seeing gang bangers doing ballet ain't my style.
lol Even though I get what you're saying, I just have to say that those must have been some really good actors to make you think they were true thugs :p. Think of the kids who took drama back in high school, now add extra talent wherever needed and voila! A gang banger doing ballet! Surely it's a rare event when someone who took drama goes all gang busters! It could happen though but they might give themselves away wearing tights underneath their pants;)

Even though I get what you're saying, I just have to say that those must have been some really good actors to make you think they were true thugs

Their characters were thugs.

and the only one I remember off hand was Russ Tamblyn, a professional dancer.

Urinetown. The only reason that I like that musical is because it was done locally and I knew everyone.

Forum List

Back