Favorite Movie Scene?????????

My top five

5. Drill Sergeant Harrington's opening lines to the new recruits in "Full Metal Jacket"

4. Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker, "Luuuuke, I am your faaaaather!"

3. Roger "Verbal" Kint (Kevin Spacey) reveiling himself to be Keyser Soze in the Usual suspects

2. Hannibal Lector (Anthony Hopkins) telling Clarice Starling (Jody Foster), "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti..."

1. The trio- Clint Eastwood ("Blondie", the Good), Lee Van Cleef ("Angel eyes", the bad) and Eli Wallach (Tuco, the ugly), sqaring off in a final draw for it all.

I rated this scene number #1 because when you really look back at the "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" you'll see a crude spaghetti western with a plot that had Shakespeare written all over it and a finish that was shocking, but not surprising.

During the "Trio" song, you can see the confidence in "blondie", the concern in "Angel Eyes" and the outright fear in Tuco. It gave me a feeling of "What would you do?".

I'd said to myself, "If I were blondie, I would shoot at Angel Eyes because he would had shot at me, because he's knows that I'm the better shooter and Tuco was too busy crapping in his pants for him to shoot straight."

Great scenes are defined by its ability to draw you into that scene and for you to ask yourself, "What would you do if you were in that situation?"

The love scene on the beach between Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr with the waves lopping around them in "From Here to Eternity". Very memorable movie scene, which I understand the director had not planned ahead of time.

I like the chase scene in Matrix Reloaded. It is about the only part of the movie that was good but it was awesome. Best chase scene ever.

Best Chase scene in a more realistic venue would be the Bourne Identity scene in which they drive that little car through Paris.

(Obviously I like chase scenes).

"Luke I am your father!"

Then the worst acting in any movie Luke's answer, "Noooooooooooooo!, Nooooooooooo! It isn't true!"

Now that scene is classic.

the end of amistad, when the british captain orders his ensign to dictate a letter to the american secretary of state in regards to the "existence" of spanish slave fortresses along the coast of africa, "indeed, mr. secretary, the slave fortresses you claimed do not exist do indeed not exist" (as the british navy is bombarding them to bits and their soldiers are liberating the slaves)

i love it, the music is soaring and so are your spirits, until the bittersweet final scene

no1tovote4 said:
I like the chase scene in Matrix Reloaded. It is about the only part of the movie that was good but it was awesome. Best chase scene ever.

Best Chase scene in a more realistic venue would be the Bourne Identity scene in which they drive that little car through Paris.

(Obviously I like chase scenes).

"Luke I am your father!"

Then the worst acting in any movie Luke's answer, "Noooooooooooooo!, Nooooooooooo! It isn't true!"

Now that scene is classic.

Go to the video rental store and Get The French Connection and Bullitt.

Boogie Nights.

Best drug-deal-gone-sour scene I've ever seen. Remember, the rich dude in his underwear waving a gun around, the Chinese guy setting off firecrackers every few seconds with the song "Sister Christian" playing in the background and a bag full of cornstartch disguised as coke? Classic.

Absence of Malice

The Wilford Brimley conference table scene..."someone's ass is gonna be in my briefcase"

"Snatch," towards the end, starting with the bar/replica gun/desert eagle .50 scene and ending with Boris being shot over and over again. I love that movie.

Forum List

Back