Favorite Movie Scene?????????

I also like every scene the Emperor is in in Return of the Jedi, and every line he delivers.

He's my hero.

In that vein, I like one of the opening scenes of The Fellowship of the Ring when Sauron just walks up to the front line of the combined army of Elves and Men, and starts single handedly kicking their collective asses.

GlenGarry Glenross, the ABC (Always be closing) scene with lefty Alec Baldwin.

That whole move rocks.

My favorite scene in any movie is the final scene in The Fellowship of the Ring. Most friends I have who hadn't read the books hated it because "it didn't end anything," and, "the movie just kind of ended with no conclusion." Well, what did you expect? It's a trilogy, meaning it's a single story divided into three volumes. Anyway, the scene.

Frodo is paddling away, alone, in his elven canoe thinking, "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had ever happened." Then he remembers the words of the late Gandalf the Gray, "So do all who see such times. What we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given us." Then Sam pursues, nearly drowns, and is rescued by Frodo, after which he says, "I made a promise. 'Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee,' and I don't mean to. I don't mean to." Then it shows Aragorn putting on the bracers of Gondor as he says his farewells to Boromir, then sets off with Legolas and Gimli to find Merry and Pippen. I almost cry every time I see it.

Just off the top of my head (because if I put some thought to it, I could probably fill pages with this)...

Garden State - the hampster funeral. Also,

Chasing Amy - Holden confronts Alyssa outside the hockey rink.

Magnolia - the "Wise Up" sequence. And the frogs, too.

Dazed and Confused - The entire moontower scene.

American Beauty - Lester's death and the aftermath.

Trainspotting - Renton's OD.

Bonnie said:
I have many but ......

One would be at the end of Blade Runner when Roy is dying and he lets go of the Dove he is holding and says "Time to die"
]
Ditto. I'll add the scene in the abyss where they revive Lindsey Brigman.

I also second

"Luke I Am your Father."

The Wizard of OZ, when Dorothy has to say goodbye to all her friends. I get a lump in my throat everytime.

Final scene of 1972, Charles Bronson as the Mechanic,when Jan - Michael Vincent finds note in the car

I think the scene in Kill Bill vol. 2 where Budd is berated by his boss is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Even though it adds nothing to the movie, it just defines that character perfectly.

The scene in soylent green when hesten goes to the Funeral center to stop his partner from ending his life and then watching threw the window at the movie that was playing And the music that was playing

dumphauler said:
The scene in soylent green when hesten goes to the Funeral center to stop his partner from ending his life and then watching threw the window at the movie that was playing And the music that was playing

Both Soylent Green and Omega man were great creepy movies!!

In Bladerunner at the begining when you see the futurisitic city lit up at night!! Still that movie is way ahead of the times

the sting....after they pull off the sting

buthcasidy and the sundance kid..."who are those guys"

any scene in any clint eastwood movie

Terms of Endearment- when Debra Winger is dying and Shirley McClaine is at the nurses desk...screaming for them to give her daughter her medication.

Also in Steel Magnolias, the Cemetary scene, were Sally Fields breaks down after her daughter died.

Joz said:
There's quite a few for me, too. These come to mind:

*Ghost-- the 'clay' scene
*Body Heat-- When Hurt kicks open the door (really the whole movie)
*What about Bob?--When he gets the kid to dive

what about bob?-the part where he is sailing

Forum List

Back