• Husqvarna;

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alpina;

• ATCO;

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where I currently live I don't have to use any lawn equipment (don't remember and brands, either). I like using a high-quality lawn tractor with two handles that allow me to rotate 360 degrees. Dad bought one from Farm and Fleet (it was an orange color).

The guards don't make you cut the grass?

Where I currently live I don't have to use any lawn equipment (don't remember and brands, either). I like using a high-quality lawn tractor with two handles that allow me to rotate 360 degrees. Dad bought one from Farm and Fleet (it was an orange color).

Uh, what?

Where I grew up this was called an "Indian lawn mower". .. :lol:

6892a278-2cf4-4a21-92c3-fc5bbb7bad45_300.jpg

theDoctorisIn said:
I used an antique push mower, probably close to a 100 years old, that came with the house when we bought it.

But I haven't been up to that house in a long time, and the caretaker probably uses his tractor mower now.

You can still find those old-skewl, two-blade-rotating gigs, too — if you look hard enough.

Lift up a big middle finger at the big corporate lawn mowers and the lowlifes who push 'em (literally, push 'em :badgrin:) at us from the hallowed halls of the corporations that want every American except the guys 'n' dolls with the cute little clean, perfectly-manicured fingernails runnin' the Monday mornin' boardroom meetings to keep those fingernails lookin' the same way forever, and tell them goody-goodys that a real man gets his hands dirty the old-fashioned way: by pushin' real lawn mowers like our folks did during the Great Depression.

Well, before the grass all got lifted up and taken with Auntie Em—and umm, the world economy—to Oz, that is. :badgrin:

But seriously, those old mowers are tough.

Will they get clogged easily? Oh hell yeah.

But the only grasses that they don't cut are the grasses through which one is just too lazy to push 'em. :thup:

Missourian said:
Anything with a Briggs and Stratton engine, built in Poplar Bluff Missouri.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brigg...77621952316270

Amen! Preach it, buh-rutha!

This is the Church of Briggs and Stratton, ri-cheer, now!!!

Lawn-Boys are for Canadiennes, man. :badgrin:

i got a beater

sears with a 12.5 hp briggs & stratton

have had it for to many years to count

also have a push mower

a craftsman weedwacker

I do still believe in anything and everything that comes with a good ol' Sears Roebuck & Co. stamp.

I was born in '73, and my dad's Craftsman riding mower lasted for right at 30 years — despite its having hit many a hidden Arkansas tree limb, copperhead snake and even pieces of copper themselves, the vestiges of many a discarded and/ or hidden makeshift, clandestine whiskey stills which weren't seized by Boss Hogg.

Craftsman will always be the lawn mower for me. :thup:

Used to love the old Sears reel mowers till about 1964 when I bought a gas mower. Now I use Manuel Labor year 'round. I'm getting too old (lazy) to do it myself and if need be I'll pave the whole yard and paint it green. Or buy a couple of goats.

Sunni Man said:
Years ago I bought a Snapper push mower for my son.

It was a piece of junk and barely made it thru one summer.

When I was just that side of being a teenager, I used to mow our church's lot with a Snapper, yeah.

Thing was an absolute fail-safe dream, that machine. But alas, it was a Briggs-and-Stratton-powered riding mower, it was. Not the same kinda machine as the Snapper push jobs.

Like you, I, too, have heard a bunch of horror stories about the two-legged Snappers.

I wouldn't own one, myself. :thup:

I bought a Honda in 1988. Paid a lot of money for it. It had a clutch to allow the engine to keep running when you walked away from the mower. Always started on the first pull. It lasted 22 years

I liked my old Honda so much that I went out and bought a new one in 2010. It is a piece of shit

Nice piece of subtle, cynical writing you ran over and hurled at our heads right there, RW my man. Good stuff. :thup:

I've never owned any kind of Honda mower — push or riding.

All I've ever heard about them up to now has been positive.

Reckon there's a first time for everything.

Good to see the people comin' together here in a very Populist sort of way that transcends party, racial, ethnic, gender and/ or any other kind of lines to talk about the Great American Lawn Mower.

Ain't it great to be a man?!?!? :badgrin: :clap:

LOOK OUT — HERE COMES A BIG ROCK!!!

Any brand will do as long as it has a Briggs and Stratton. Pushing one around is like meditation. I can hear the yards thank me when I finish. Grass stained shoes !!

My favorite brand is whatever the guy I'm paying is using...

That being said, I just bought a house and can't afford to pay a guy, so...

I'm using a Troy-Bilt w/ Briggs & Stratton. No reason other than price at the time of purchase.

Uh, what?

joke
noun
1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act

I have never seen or used a Husqvarna lawn mower but I bet it would be a good one.

Years ago I used to compete in Motocross races with a Husqvarna dirt bike and have shot a Husqvarna rifle. Both were made in Sweden and very high quality.

So I would assume their mowers would be a good engineered piece of equipment. ... :cool:

I have always owned a Sears Craftsman mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

They are fairy inexpensive and good quality.

Always want to try a Honda mower because I like Honda motorcycles.

But they seem to be way over priced.

I used to have to mow with a Honda push bag mower some at work. That thing was insanely heavy even without the bag and a PITA to get pull started, but it did have good power.

A lot of riding mowers are licensed productions from the same company. The last time I bought one I shopped around and noticed that several of the Craftsman mowers were exactly the same except for the paint job as the TroyBilts across the road at Lowes.

The best cutting mowers are reel mowers and a company named Jacobsen used to make the best hydraulic driven reel mowers out there, but they do not make for home users as far as I know. Now I just buy the best combination of deck and a B&S engine for the price point I am willing to shop at because they are six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Forum List

Back