• ATCO;

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shart_attack

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
hangin' with my bro e.coli
For those of us who ain't afraid to get our hands dirty—or to get bit occasionally by critters, some with legs; some without—this thread (aaaaaaand yup, that means you're in the wrong thread, Canadiennes; get outta here. :badgrin:):

Best Lawnmowers Brands | List of Best Lawnmower Companies

What's your favorite lawn mower make?

Me, I still swear by all things Briggs and Stratton in terms of the engines: but I will always be a (Sears) Craftsman guy with regard to the mower makes themselves. :thup:

Myself, I prefer a non-power-assisted push mower... with a combination of the narrowest cut (20"-22") and the greatest horsepower (5-6 hp or more)...

I don't pay much attention to brand names... I just buy the one that, from its description, looks like it's the closest to what I'm looking for...

I've had my latest one for three years now...

it's green in color...

eta: I'm pretty sure it's got a B&S engine...

Last edited:
Sears is my choice. 46" cut riding mower. I'm on my second one now, and the first lasted over 12 years. I also have their weed wacker on wheels which works very well. I cut over an acre and a half in about an hour. Then spend hours with the weed eaters which are Black and Decker.

Myself, I prefer a non-power-assisted push mower... with a combination of the narrowest cut (20"-22") and the greatest horsepower (5-6 hp or more)...

I don't pay much attention to brand names... I just buy the one that, from its description, looks like it's the closest to what I'm looking for...

I've had my latest one for three years now...

it's green in color...

I used to have a greenie back in the day, when I was in high school. A Rally™, it was — the make. Bought it at Lowe's. Thing was a push mower, and it had all kinds of features: a mulcher, rear-end (i.e. not right- or left-side) discharge, self-propelling option, replacement wheels, etc.

Thought it was an outright steal at around $150 (in the late 80s, that): aaaaaaaaaaand then when the driest of grass and weeds would clump together and jam the blade, forcing me to have to yank off the attachment every three minutes or so, I realized fairly quickly that I'd been had. Carnied, as I like to put it.

It had a Briggs and Stratton engine, that green Rally did. But even that ain't enough to keep the frick'n thing from occupying in my mind the title of bar-none the worst push mower I've to this very day ever owned.

Straight. Up. Stone. Cold. Piece. Of. Crap.

Rally went outta business, I s'pose: I don't see them around anymore; that's all I know.

Cub Cadets™ have been the latest Lowe's rage now for the past 20 years since. But that Rally brand indigenous to them did me in with them.

I haven't bought a mower from Lowe's since my run-in with that thing. :thup:

Last edited:
I have always owned a Sears Craftsman mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

They are fairy inexpensive and good quality.

Always want to try a Honda mower because I like Honda motorcycles.

But they seem to be way over priced.

I have always owned a Sears Craftsman mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine.

They are fairy inexpensive and good quality.

Always want to try a Honda mower because I like Honda motorcycles.

But they seem to be way over priced.

lol... so many off-color things I'm tempted to say... :)

I used an antique push mower, probably close to a 100 years old, that came with the house when we bought it.

But I haven't been up to that house in a long time, and the caretaker probably uses his tractor mower now.

i got a beater

sears with a 12.5 hp briggs & stratton

have had it for to many years to count

also have a push mower

a craftsman weedwacker

I let the old guys ride the Deere... I grab the Stihl and make all twelve acres look clean.

fs90r.png

One of the few things I do with clothes on.
True Story! :thup:

I bought a Honda in 1988. Paid a lot of money for it. It had a clutch to allow the engine to keep running when you walked away from the mower. Always started on the first pull. It lasted 22 years
I liked my old Honda so much that I went out and bought a new one in 2010. It is a piece of shit

Where I currently live I don't have to use any lawn equipment (don't remember any brands, either). I like using a high-quality lawn tractor with two handles that allow me to rotate 360 degrees. Dad bought one from Farm and Fleet (it was an orange color).

Last edited:
I always buy Mexican.

I have two dozen of these

big%5Cbahco_gs-180.jpg

Then go down to the local

images

and pick up some day labor...

I tell them that if they finish up five minutes early, there is an extra

dosequisamber2.jpg

in it for them.....

:D

I actually just buy and use garage sale lawn mowers. When one dies, I go out and buy another. Usually costs Me about 20 bucks.

Haven't had my hands on a lawn mower in nearly 10 years. I pay a lawn service to keep my 7 acres mowed.

I've owned several mowers over the years but I haven't tried every brand mentioned. Of the mowers I've owned I liked my Honda (which I had to sell a few years ago when I had to move). I'm currently using an off-brand, electric mower because it was cheap but I'll never buy an electric mower again. The cord is a pain in the butt and it just doesn't have the power I like.

Years ago I ran across a sale on a high quality hand push reel mower.

I bought it figuring it would good for healthy exercise.

Used it to mow the lawn 1 time and then sold it.

Way too boring and way too much work. ... :eusa_hand:

a Honda Craftsman gas powered push mower

I have always loved pushing a mower

For more than a half acre, a John Deere riding mower

Forum List

Back