Favorite Knife?

plus here --- TOPS Knives.com --- nice survival type knife . Course all these knives just collect dust if you buy them . I like and remember when a simple quality jack knife and a quality fixed blade was all that was needed .

I used to always carry the basic Buck knife. A Buck knife was the first knife I ever owned. Bought it when I was 8 years old.

Nowadays, a lot of people think it is crazy to give an 8 year old a knife. Those people are idiots. Every boy should have a knife. I teach kids that knives are tools, not weapons.

I carry an automatic knife now because I like being able to take it out of its sheath and open it with one hand.

plus here --- TOPS Knives.com --- nice survival type knife . Course all these knives just collect dust if you buy them . I like and remember when a simple quality jack knife and a quality fixed blade was all that was needed .

I used to always carry the basic Buck knife. A Buck knife was the first knife I ever owned. Bought it when I was 8 years old.

Nowadays, a lot of people think it is crazy to give an 8 year old a knife. Those people are idiots. Every boy should have a knife. I teach kids that knives are tools, not weapons.

I carry an automatic knife now because I like being able to take it out of its sheath and open it with one hand.

I have to disagree with you here, every child, boy and girl, should have a knife.

Last edited:
yep , just bought each of my 4 year old girl and boy grandkids a Case mini trapper along with official Case branded band aid dispenser and band aids . Both knives are name engraved , have bone handles , scrolled bolsters and are about a 3 inch blade and are simple 2 bladed knives and very nice looking . Its up to the parents to give them to the kids / babies when they decide . Until the kids are given the knives the knives can sit on a shelf to be checked out every once in awhile . Next , I'll get the kids a little allox handled Swiss Army Farmer or Soldier knife with belt pouch for camping .

Everyday, Leatherman Wave and Buck Paklite Skinner.

IMAG0688_zps6ec868b0.jpg

In the woods, a Buck 119 replaces the Skinner.

If the Wave ever wears out, I'd replace it with the titanium Charge TTI for weight, but I've had it for three years and it's still like brand new, so not much chance of that anytime soon.

I use the heck out of Leatherman Waves. I have worn out, broken & lost 4 of them. My current one is made from 3 broken & worn ones I scrapped.

Damn...you must really put them through the ringer.

I'm pretty hard on this one, pushing it far beyond it's tolerance...and it always gets the job done.

I use the shit out of them. I use it like the tool it is. When I am planting or harvesting I get-r-done & show tools no mercy.

They have a 25 year warranty but it does not cover abuse, alteration, theft, loss, or unauthorized and/or unreasonable use of your Leatherman product.

I scrapped for parts the 2 they rejected saying I abused them - WTF.

hey guys , this thread got me to thinking and I'm thinking about getting a Benchmade Griptilian just because of its reputation and because its a one hand opener . I'm just looking for feedback on this approximately hundred 20 dollar pocket knife . I may get the more traditional that has traditional wood looking grips but it is still a Griptillian . Also thinking about a few other knives so I'm really just looking for any and all feedback .

Never leave home without it. Been using it to skin electrical wire for a long time now.

old-timer-pocket-knives.jpg

hey guys , this thread got me to thinking and I'm thinking about getting a Benchmade Griptilian just because of its reputation and because its a one hand opener . I'm just looking for feedback on this approximately hundred 20 dollar pocket knife . I may get the more traditional that has traditional wood looking grips but it is still a Griptillian . Also thinking about a few other knives so I'm really just looking for any and all feedback .

Benchmade makes some of the finest knives in the world. No matter which one you choose you will be well served by it.

I have a 3 blade Case pocket knife that lives in my front pocket.

If I am at work or doing something outdoors (camping, canoeing, hiking ect) I have a Kershaw that has been my favorite knife for 15 years. I've tried Gerbers, Bucks, and some other brands, but I always end up with the Kershaw clipped in my back pocket.

Whirlwind, Serrated |* Kershaw Knives

Forum List

Back