The Perfect Touring MC for One

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

This Honda CTX1300 is the first motorcycle to give me a figurative erection in a long time.

Honda has created a bike that combines the best features of a cruiser with the best features of a sport-touring bike, and dressed it up in a stunning physical package that looks like absolutely nothing else around.

I was surprised when I first saw the CTX700 that such a nice concept was hampered by a relatively small and tame two-cylinder engine, but the 1300 takes the great V4 from the ST1300 and retunes it for low-end torque, creating a bike that will not only cruise all day at 3-digit speeds, but also will pass other traffic easily without down-shifting. And I have no doubt that one of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers will come up with pipes that make this bike look and sound even better.

Now I just hope I live long enough so that I can buy a used one for less than 10 grand. They are a little pricey right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're pretty proud of your ass, huh? You need to get in and have a full battery of tests done. I think you may be suffering from jaundice.:D. JK. You're Ok!

Forum List

Back