Favorite Childhood Toys

My first memory of a toy. There are no white children on the front so it will be banned soon.

Now it is time for nap nap.

You could put an eye out!

11163285_1_l.jpg

Last edited:
I loved anything from Wham-o

They just had neat stuff

Slingshots, Frisbee, superball, Trac-ball, Slip-n-slide....

I tended to make my own toys. Many started as commercially-produced, store-bought toys, but when I eventually became bored with a particular toy, I'd dismantle it, and use the parts to make something else.

One toy I have occasionally found myself thinking of, and wondering what its fate might be, was a Tonka crane. I do not remember how or when I acquired it, nor how and when it left my possession. It was very similar to this:

1615253307188.png

Another toy from my childhood, that I am fairly certain I still have, buried somewhere in my apartment, is my Mike Power Atomic Man. It was Hasbro's answer, in their GI Joe line, to The Six Million Dollar Man action figure than Kenner put out, in connection with the TV show of the time.

Estes rockets - Company formed in 1960 - Looks like they're still going strong!

I loved bottle rockets! We had one that had a little capsule in the top to put insects in and send them off into space! LOL

One of our neighborhood favorite games:

1615305809123.png

Remember putting your ball up against and opponent's and then hitting yours to send his/her ball flying away! ;):p

I loved bottle rockets! We had one that had a little capsule in the top to put insects in and send them off into space! LOL

Did you outfit them with tiny spacesuits and did any of them survive the reentry? :lol:

Thought of another one - Whiffle Baseball. My neighbor pal and I spent HOURS in my backyard with a whiffleball and plastic bat. It was basically a home run derby sort of deal where the only way you could score a run was to hit it over the neighbors hedge. Three strikes was an out or the pitcher catches it on the fly it's an out and then you changed sides.

We didn't get NEAR as serious as these growed up kids!

Did you outfit them with tiny spacesuits and did any of them survive the reentry? :lol:
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Thought of another one - Whiffle Baseball. My neighbor pal and I spent HOURS in my backyard with a whiffleball and plastic bat. It was basically a home run derby sort of deal where the only way you could score a run was to hit it over the neighbors hedge. Three strikes was an out or the pitcher catches it on the fly it's an out and then you changed sides.

We didn't get NEAR as serious as these growed up kids!

aah man you are making me feel old! Wiffleball! How about street hockey like in "Wayne's World!"

Forum List

Back