Father's appreciation thread

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Kinda estranged from mine, so not sure where the impulse to make this one comes from, but what the heck.

Share and discuss pleasant memories of your fathers.

Couple of mine that come to mind this morning are mowing a friend's lawn with my Dad when young. Dunno how old I was but would think 9 or 10 since the divorce happened at 10. It was a nice summer day in central California and finishing up he had a beer and he let me share it. As I recall, I had quite a bit of it as per his light-hearted "Hey!" :)

Being a fish n poultry butcher, my Dad got me interested in fish, especially sharks. Other kids get into reptiles and dinosaurs, I was into sharks. Read just about every book, and watched every tv documentary about them. And what stands out in my recollection most is when ever we'd pass a body of water I'd ask him "Do you think there's sharks in there?" :)

I remember every Saturday morning I would go in and wake up my dad to watch Saturday morning cartoons with me at like 7:00 am, and he would get up and watch with me every time. :( My dad had alcohol problems, but he was still a very loving and doting dad, and I totally miss him. Love you daddy!

I remember every Saturday morning I would go in and wake up my dad to watch Saturday morning cartoons with me at like 7:00 am, and he would get up and watch with me every time. :( My dad had alcohol problems, but he was still a very loving and doting dad, and I totally miss him. Love you daddy!

That's a nice one. Reminds me of my friend here who throughout the summer sat poolside watching his 3 daughters swim. Never swam himself but would sit for hours keeping an eye on them. Noticing it is why I took to bring him a plate of cookies n cupcakes and he remains on my receive-list to this day. :)

I met my father for the first time when I was about 8. He looked into the backseat of my mother's car and asked her, "Is that a boy or a girl?" I'm pretty sure he still doesn't know my name. He just calls me "boy".

My stepfather was cool, I guess. He'd get drunk and physically and verbally abuse us.

childhood-memories1.jpg

Forum List

Back