Father says his severely disabled 18-year-old son’s high grades are a sham

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
Father says his severely disabled 18-year-old son’s high grades are a sham​

12/15/2012
Eric Owens

Eighteen-year-old Jared DeWeese is severely disabled. He cannot walk, talk, read or write. Nevertheless, WSB-TV reports, he is receiving straight A’s in several courses, including algebra, biology and world history at a school in Gwinnett County, Georgia.

Now, Jared’s father, Wes DeWeese, is publicly questioning exactly how such a feat is possible, given his son’s limited aptitude and cognitive skills.

“My wife and I were pretty astounded,” Wes DeWeese told WSB-TV. “Glad he’s getting 90s and 100s. But he can’t do any of these. He has the mental capacity of a six-month-old.”

As the Daily Mail reports, DeWeese suspects that the grading policy at his son’s school is a sham meant to improve the overall statistics of Gwinnett County schools.

“There’s no way Jared can do algebra,” he told the station. “My goal isn’t for him to do algebra. My goal is to have him walk. I would love to hear him say ‘mom’ or ‘dad.’ But I know that’s probably never going to happen.”

Read more:
Father says his severely disabled 18-year-old son's high grades are a sham | The Daily Caller

Father says his severely disabled 18-year-old son’s high grades are a sham​

12/15/2012
Eric Owens

Eighteen-year-old Jared DeWeese is severely disabled. He cannot walk, talk, read or write. Nevertheless, WSB-TV reports, he is receiving straight A’s in several courses, including algebra, biology and world history at a school in Gwinnett County, Georgia.

Now, Jared’s father, Wes DeWeese, is publicly questioning exactly how such a feat is possible, given his son’s limited aptitude and cognitive skills.

“My wife and I were pretty astounded,” Wes DeWeese told WSB-TV. “Glad he’s getting 90s and 100s. But he can’t do any of these. He has the mental capacity of a six-month-old.”

As the Daily Mail reports, DeWeese suspects that the grading policy at his son’s school is a sham meant to improve the overall statistics of Gwinnett County schools.

“There’s no way Jared can do algebra,” he told the station. “My goal isn’t for him to do algebra. My goal is to have him walk. I would love to hear him say ‘mom’ or ‘dad.’ But I know that’s probably never going to happen.”

Read more:
Father says his severely disabled 18-year-old son's high grades are a sham | The Daily Caller

i would sue the school for fraud.

Another entitlement from the democrats. You get good grades without earning them. Of course this has been going on with blacks and hispos for years.

There is so much bullshit going on in public schools and it's been happening for decades.
There's no way to monitor or hold them accountable.
Self-governing and self-serving.

Forum List

Back