Fatah and the "Armed Struggle" against Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's great that an intelligent honest Muslim Arab sees it exactly as it is and is able to write about it. No doubt the Muslims who post here don't like someone like he is.

Fatah and the "Armed Struggle" against Israel

by Khaled Abu Toameh
February 7, 2014 at 5:00 am

While in English Abbas was voicing his opposition to an armed struggle, in Arabic Palestinian officials were issuing statements in support of "armed resistance" against Israel.

When senior figures of the Fatah urge Palestinians to be prepared for the possibility of "armed struggle"against Israel, they are actually instructing Fatah militiamen to be prepared to launch terrorist attacks.

In an interview this week with the New York Times, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas once again expressed his opposition to an armed struggle against Israel.

"In my life, and if I have any more life in the future, I will never return to the armed struggle," Abbas declared.

But while in English Abbas was voicing his opposition to an armed struggle, in Arabic Palestinian officials were issuing statements in support of "armed resistance" against Israel. The officials who favor "armed resistance" are not low-level bureaucrats working in the Palestinian Authority [PA]. Rather, they are senior representatives of Abbas's ruling Fatah faction. Moreover, their names are often mentioned as potential successors to Abbas, who last month entered his 10th year of his four-year term in office.

Continue reading at:

Fatah and the "Armed Struggle" against Israel :: Gatestone Institute

Forum List

Back