Fast & Furious isn't going away

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPa-k5FKW4U&feature=feedu]Attn Gen. Eric Holder Directly LINKED to Operation Fast and Furious! - YouTube[/ame]

According to Alex Jones obama is not going down because of fast and furious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q86YaPTC-tw&feature=feedu]DOJ Knew of ATF Operation in July 2010! - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know how you can doubt that the DOJ intended these guns to end up in Mexico, when the ATF agents testified before the House Oversight Committee that their supervisors were ordering agents on the ground to let that happen. The ATF agents also said that their supervisors were elated whenever FAF guns turned up at Mexican crime scenes.

In fact, you have no reasonable law enforcement explanation for why the ATF was allowing weapons to flow into the hands of the drug cartels in Mexico. Your only defense is to keep portraying it as a bungled operation.

Several times you've dismissed as implausible the idea Obama could be funnelling guns to Mexico as part of some assault on the second amendment. In a previous post I proffered a reasonable scenario, but you never responded. Again ,the endgame for Holder and Obama would by something like the following hypothetical press conference:

“My fellow Americans, today, in conjunction with my good colleagues in the house and senate, I am proposing legislation to fundamentally overhaul our nation’s gun regulation laws. Over the past year we have seen an alarming upsurge in violent crime across the border by ruthless drug cartels who threaten to undermine the security of Mexico. Unfortunately, the recent crime wave has its origins here in this country. Thousands of weapons recovered at Mexican crime scenes have been discovered to have been illegally purchased in the United States and trafficked across the border. This illegal flow of guns is straining our relations with the Mexican government, and is unnecessarily leading to the deaths of innocent civilians. The problem has reached crisis proportions, and requires decisive action.

Accordingly, I am calling upon congress to swiftly pass legislation that will require all gun owners to register their weapons with the BATF and to notify the agency when they have a change of address. It’s the only way we can keep track of these weapons and insure they are not falling into the wrong hands. Additionally, I am proposing restrictions on the number of firearms a household may be permitted to own to a limit of 2 handguns and 2 rifles. The recent violence we have seen bears witness to the need for greater exercise of federal control over gun ownership as a way of avoiding pointless and preventable deaths.”

Of course, we now know the 'crisis' has been totally manufactured by the administration by flooding Mexico with weapons. The only reasonable explanation appears to be at some point trying to justify implementing tighter gun control.

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS News

Frankly, that just seems paranoid. So let me get this straight, the administration forced the ATF to dump 2000 weapons into Mexico so they could drum up support for legislation that would most likely be deemed unconstitutional anyways? I mean, what did they intend to do with all the ATF agents who knew about it? None of it adds up, and even as conjecture, it's a reach that the government would go to such extreme and goofy lengths to try and grab your guns (or hassle you) or whatever.

Even if it were the case, where was the push from the administration to try and accomplish what you believe their goals are?

It's certainly not going to happen now.

So, yeah, I am left to think this was a massively bungled operation. I don't need to see a conspiracy when ineptitude is a better explanation.

What is your theory on how the Fast and Furious plan was supposed to work? You keep saying it was simply a botched operation, but claiming that the ATF merely screwed up presumes they had a plan that if carried out competently had the potential to succeed.

ATF agents and supervisor memos leave no doubt the ATF intended that these weapons
end up in Mexico. Yet, as you yourself admit, the ATF has no jurisdiction in Mexico, and therefore it could not track the weapons through surveillance, nor investigate and prosecute anyone once the weapons showed up at Mexican crime scenes.

If this was simply a bungled sting operation, as you claim, what conceivable scenario do you have in mind where the operation could have achieved its objective? Assuming the motive wasnt to flood Mexico with American guns to bolster a case for tighter gun restrictions in the U.S., explain the Fast and Furious game plan because I still don't get it. :confused:

I think the ATF must have thought that there was some sort of big fishes on this side of the border that were compiling and selling the weapons to Mexico, as opposed to a bunch of small fish. I think they were attempting to catch these individuals. Obviously it was a huge blunder.

My concept is pure speculation, but so is your. Mine isn't paranoid in it's scope.

Though, until there are hearings on the matter, I doubt we'll ever get the whole picture.

(Its Don't Rock The Boat, Baby" as far as the WhiteHouse is concerned. The Man is the Messiah and don't you ever forget it. If CBS keeps their pursuit of Fast and Furious' trivial details up, CBS is liable to be tossed off of Air Force One and thrown out of the White House press pool altogether. Government with a high hand in operation)

"Reporters: How Reasonable Can They Get?

This almost made me laugh out loud: via Mark Hemingway at the Weekly Standard, reporter Sharyl Attkisson of CBS News, who is covering the Fast and Furious scandal, is being screamed at by the White House because she isn’t helping to cover it up. Attkisson was interviewed on Laura Ingraham’s radio show:

Ingraham: So they were literally screaming at you?

Attkisson: Yes. Well the DOJ woman was just yelling at me. The guy from the White House on Friday night literally screamed at me and cussed at me. [Laura: Who was the person? Who was the person at Justice screaming?] Eric Schultz. Oh, the person screaming was [DOJ spokeswoman] Tracy Schmaler, she was yelling not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House. …

[The White House and Justice Department] will tell you that I’m the only reporter–as they told me–that is not reasonable. They say the Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, the New York Times is reasonable, I’m the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I’m unfair and biased by pursuing it.

It is a terrible thing when a reporter violates the conspiracy of reasonableness. Audio at the link."

Reporters: How Reasonable Can They Get? | Power Line

Obama and Bush and both of the AG's need to be held to the fire over this...see these operations have been going on since Bush so it isn't Obama and Holder alone responsible..they are responsible for not putting a stop to it and continuing the crap, but the ATF needs to answer some serious questions over this.

Forum List

Back