Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

Jesus never said a thing about murder.
In Leftardia that means Jesus condones murder.

Actually Jesus did 'condemn murder'- when Jesus affirmed the Law- the 10 Commandments.

Interestingly enough the 10 Commandments don't mention homosexuality.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 5-7 - New International Version

And of course Jesus said this too- which the faux Christians here at USMB also ignore
And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.
10 commandments don't mention pedophilia either, so it must be OK!

Dumbass Leftard.

So you concede that just because the Constitution doesn't mention something specifically, that it doesn't mean that the Con
If a preacher of any denomination wants to be authorized to perform civil marriages then he or she should be obliged to conform to the law of the land.

Absolutely not.

Churches- and ministers- are discriminatory by nature- and as such- as long as they are performing a marriage as a religious ceremony- even if it is also a civil ceremony- can discriminate however they wish.

However, if they are acting as a business- not as a church- then they are subject to the laws related to business's.

Where does the 1st amendment say your free exercise rights end automatically when you are selling something?

Where does it limit it expressly to Churches and Clergy?

This businessman did more than just exercise his free speech. He stated the discriminatory policy of his business.
What? I'm still laughing to hard at you for trying to hide behind the 10 Commandments then running from them screaming like s little girl.
Who's hiding behind the 10 Commandments?

You don't even follow them....especially the one against lying. Show us some more pics of Detroit.......that aren't Detroit.....
Prove it, liar.

Actually Jesus did 'condemn murder'- when Jesus affirmed the Law- the 10 Commandments.

And of course Jesus said this too- which the faux Christians here at USMB also ignore

Dumbass Leftard.

LOL- I am not the Dumbass Contard who claimed Jesus never addressed murder.

I love how when I point out your ignorance- you just switch to something else.

So why do you think that the Bible never mentions child sexual assault?

Not anywhere? Not in the 10 Commandments. Not in Leviticus.

The only references in the Bible to child rape are inferential like this one:

After the Lord commanded Moses to have vengence:
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

"save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"

Not exactly a condemnation of pedophilia
What's the Bible say about homosexuals?

Dumbass.
We're asking what Jesus said about homosexuals.....not Paul who what the 1st century's version of L. Ron Hubbard.
So pedophilia is ok to you moonbats because Jesus never mentioned it.
You are the one who cannot see the very clear line between actions that hurt others and consenting actions that hurt no one. Blurred lines?

Dumbass Leftard.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Dumbass.
We're asking what Jesus said about homosexuals.....not Paul who what the 1st century's version of L. Ron Hubbard.

Since when does Jesus dicate the law to the US?

1. Jesus never said a thing against gays and gay marriage
2. Our secular laws don't have to have anything to do with your so-called religion

Dumbass Leftard.

So you concede that just because the Constitution doesn't mention something specifically, that it doesn't mean that the Con
So you think Catholic Churches should be forced to perform Same Sex weddings?

If a preacher of any denomination wants to be authorized to perform civil marriages then he or she should be obliged to conform to the law of the land.

Absolutely not.

Churches- and ministers- are discriminatory by nature- and as such- as long as they are performing a marriage as a religious ceremony- even if it is also a civil ceremony- can discriminate however they wish.

However, if they are acting as a business- not as a church- then they are subject to the laws related to business's.

Where does the 1st amendment say your free exercise rights end automatically when you are selling something?

This businessman did more than just exercise his free speech. He stated the discriminatory policy of his business.
What? I'm still laughing to hard at you for trying to hide behind the 10 Commandments then running from them screaming like s little girl.

You're the one addicted to the ten commandments, lol, most of which Trump has happily violated.

Claims of religious motivations are not a license for discrimination any more than any other motivation.

Absolutely not.

Where does the 1st Amendment say that a person doesn't have to follow the law if he think his faith say otherwise?

The 1st amendment prevents the government from making laws that infringe on free exercise of religion. Like any right, it has limits, but those limits must be for a compelling government interest and then any remedy must be narrowly tailored to meet that interest.

Some guy selling apples who doesn't want SSM weddings taking place on his property is not a compelling government interest.

Where did I say church marriages? I said man and woman. That's what makes it normal based on what Jesus said in Matthew 19 repeating w
I said marriages between a man and a woman were the standard of normal. It's what Jesus taught in Matthew 19 repeating the standard set by God the Father in Genesis 2.

Not my fault you ignore that standard.
2. Our secular laws don't have to have anything to do with your so-called religion

Dumbass Leftard.

Claims of religious motivations are not a license for discrimination any more than any other motivation.

Absolutely not.

But it doesn't involve his actions or business in the jurisdiction in question. There he followed all of the local laws.

Dumbass Leftard.

Absolutely not.

You don't even follow them....especially the one against lying. Show us some more pics of Detroit.......that aren't Detroit.....
Prove it, liar.
Just Look at the Devestation It Left Behind

Everyone notice the opening post where he claims the pictures are of Detroit.........:lol: (oh, and his thread wasn't originally in Political Satire.....but that ended up being the quite appropriate place for it)

Where did I say church marriages? I said man and woman. That's what makes it normal based on what Jesus said in Matthew 19 repeating w
I said marriages between a man and a woman were the standard of normal. It's what Jesus taught in Matthew 19 repeating the standard set by God the Father in Genesis 2.

Not my fault you ignore that standard.

Dumbass Leftard.
You know nothing about the Golden Rule....and I would wager that you really believe what you posted....for the very reason you posted. That's the trouble with people like you......there is no clear line for you between actions that hurt no one and actions that hurt others. Best to keep people who cannot see that line far away from children.
Yeah, hurt no one. That's why God mentions how detestable it is over and over.

Children being forced to be adopted by homosexuals instead of real couples just proves how the left hates children.

Dumbass Leftard.

Prove it, liar.
Just Look at the Devestation It Left Behind

Everyone notice the opening post where he claims the pictures are of Detroit.........:lol: (oh, and his thread wasn't originally in Political Satire.....but that ended up being the quite appropriate place for it)
Shitforbrains denies that's Detroit. What a moron.

No, it was an example of how an entity sees themselves as "endorsing" something if it happens off their own property for you, since the concept confuses ya

Your example doesn't make any sense regardless of you explanation.
I foretold itd confuse you and.
...voila!

shit you dont even know what free speech means...how can i not win

It's not confusing me you moronic fuck-tard, you are not arguing the point.

This is a government entity trying to punish a person for their views, even though they follow all the fucking rules when inside the government's jurisdiction.

That you get a hard on and jerk off to justifying government bullying someone over their views is not my problem, you cheap dime store hack.
The city government was not trying to punish the farmer. They had talks with him and tried to get him to adhere to city ordinances. He was not following all the rules. He was violating them.
Utter bullshit, the city has no rights over and above his rights. Your comprehension is as lame as G.T's.

In Thoreau’s On the duty of Civil Disobedience, he states:
“ There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all of its own power and authority are derived.”

Dumbass Leftard.
You know nothing about the Golden Rule....and I would wager that you really believe what you posted....for the very reason you posted. That's the trouble with people like you......there is no clear line for you between actions that hurt no one and actions that hurt others. Best to keep people who cannot see that line far away from children.

Children being forced to be adopted by homosexuals instead of real couples just proves how the left hates children.

Contards who want to deny families to children abandoned by their heterosexual parents- because the persons willing to adopt them are homosexuals just proves how much the left hates children.

You would prefer that children rot in foster homes rather than let them be part of a loving family- if that family includes a homosexual.

Dumbass Leftard.
That's why God mentions how detestable it is over and over.

God says adultery is detestable but you have no problem with our adulterous president raising children.

Absolutely not.

Where does the 1st Amendment say that a person doesn't have to follow the law if he think his faith say otherwise?

The 1st amendment prevents the government from making laws that infringe on free exercise of religion. Like any right, it has limits, but those limits must be for a compelling government interest and then any remedy must be narrowly tailored to meet that interest.

Some guy selling apples who doesn't want SSM weddings taking place on his property is not a compelling government interest.

This might surprise you- but I actually agree with you on this. In this case.

Of course if the farmer actually followed the Bible- he would obey the law.

Dumbass Leftard.

Dumbass.

I am not the one who is claiming that the United States should live according to the Bible.

Now- why is do you suppose that the Bible never condemns pedophilia?

Hell the Bible found time to condemn shaving beards- but never pedophilia?

Why doesn't your Bible care about children being sexually assaulted?

Dumbass Leftard.

Dumbass.

Run away from your own Bible much? Why doesn't your Bible care about children being sexually assaulted?

Your Bible doesn't condemn child sexual assault anywhere.
Not in the 10 Commandments. Not in Leviticus.

Not exactly a condemnation of pedophilia.

Why doesn't your Bible condemn pedophilia?

Until it is living outside of it, it's her body.

That's a made up excuse for those who want to use murder to hide their mistakes.
Almost every single abortion is for convenience and nothing more.

Is there any argument for the "right" of a woman to authorize the killing of her unborn baby that would not apply to her authorizing the similar slaughter of a year old that she was breastfeeding?

'cause....if there isn't, and one is murder, so, then, is the other.

That's called logic.

No, your views on abortion are not logical. They are based solely on your personal feelings about abortion. My views are logical. I want there never to be another abortion performed in this country...I just know that cannot be accomplished legislatively. I know the only way to reduce abortion is through science, education and free birth control.

I'm opposed to murder.

You're not?

I don't believe abortion is murder. The bible didn't either. I also don't believe in legislating what a woman can or cannot do with her own body...from abortion to prostitution.

"I don't believe abortion is murder."

Of course...... breastfeeding?

PC- doing what she does- copying and pasting a bunch of crap that no one bothers to read.

Tough titties. The yokel can peddle his wares plenty of other places.
Violation of the bill of rights according to the US Constitution.
Free expression of religion shall not be infringed.

Yet it is still illegal for a Christian to refuse to sell to a black customer- claiming his religious beliefs forbid it.
There is no such belief in the original doctrine of the church. And that isn't the issue here.

However, if you want to talk about bigotry let's discuss the issue of Sharia Law and it's treatment of Christians. The persecution and systematic slaughter they have endured over decades.

I am against any persecution of anyone for religious beliefs.

When Muslims persecute Christians- absolutely I condemn that.
When Buddhists persecute Muslims as they are doing to the Rohinga- I absolutely condemn that.

Meanwhile- Christians- and Muslims- and Jews- are not exempt from the laws of the United States- and can't for example- refuse to pay sales tax claiming some religious exemption.
But according to the law they can. As long as they qualify as a non-profit they can. The Democrats bundlers and their SuperPACs can claim the same exemptions. Why not religious organizations?

You don't agree because you want to squash the free expression of religion in America.

Absolutely not.

"Render unto Caesar" does not mean follow laws you think are wrong or immoral. And he followed the part of the law that was actually applicable to his actions in the jurisdiction to the letter.

Absolutely not.

"Render unto Caesar" does not mean follow laws you think are wrong or immoral. And he followed the part of the law that was actually applicable to his actions in the jurisdiction to the letter.

And here in America you don't get to ignore the laws you don't like or think are immoral. You didn't get to in Rome for that matter.

No here in America, if you believe a law is unjust you can seek to have it changed or struck down.

I've not seen a law struck down from incessant message board whining, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

And here in America you don't get to ignore the laws you don't like or think are immoral. You didn't get to in Rome for that matter.

No here in America, if you believe a law is unjust you can seek to have it changed or struck down.

I've not seen a law struck down from incessant message board whining, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

Well the whole process of fighting a law you think sucks involves you ignoring it, being called on it, then fighting it, so your "here in America, fuh fuh fuh" line is actually false.

And like your snatch-buddy bodie, you use the same tired "dooooooo sooommething" bulshit to ignore arguting the why about an issue....on a message board...

Forum List

Back