Farmer Prevented from Selling His Crop Because He Supports Traditional Marriage

Jesus did what?

lolol
Jesus did what?

lolol

Condoned normal marriages (i.e. - man and woman).

Church marriages didn't even begin until long after Christ was dead.

Where did I say church marriages? I said man and woman. That's what makes it normal based on what Jesus said in Matthew 19 repeating w
Jesus did what?

lolol
Jesus did what?

lolol

I said marriages between a man and a woman were the standard of normal. It's what Jesus taught in Matthew 19 repeating the standard set by God the Father in Genesis 2.

Not my fault you ignore that standard.
1. Jesus never said a thing against gays and gay marriage
2. Our secular laws don't have to have anything to do with your so-called religion
Jesus never said a thing about murder.
In Leftardia that means Jesus condones murder.

Actually Jesus did 'condemn murder'- when Jesus affirmed the Law- the 10 Commandments.

Interestingly enough the 10 Commandments don't mention homosexuality.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 5-7 - New International Version

And of course Jesus said this too- which the faux Christians here at USMB also ignore
And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Claims of religious motivations are not a license for discrimination any more than any other motivation.

So you think Catholic Churches should be forced to perform Same Sex weddings?

If a preacher of any denomination wants to be authorized to perform civil marriages then he or she should be obliged to conform to the law of the land.

Where did I say church marriages? I said man and woman. That's what makes it normal based on what Jesus said in Matthew 19 repeating w

I said marriages between a man and a woman were the standard of normal. It's what Jesus taught in Matthew 19 repeating the standard set by God the Father in Genesis 2.

2. Our secular laws don't have to have anything to do with your so-called religion

Actually Jesus did 'condemn murder'- when Jesus affirmed the Law- the 10 Commandments.

And of course Jesus said this too- which the faux Christians here at USMB also ignore
But they DO mention lying.

Tough titties. The yokel can peddle his wares plenty of other places.
Violation of the bill of rights according to the US Constitution.
Free expression of religion shall not be infringed.

Yet it is still illegal for a Christian to refuse to sell to a black customer- claiming his religious beliefs forbid it.
There is no such belief in the original doctrine of the church. And that isn't the issue here.

However, if you want to talk about bigotry let's discuss the issue of Sharia Law and it's treatment of Christians. The persecution and systematic slaughter they have endured over decades.

I am against any persecution of anyone for religious beliefs.

When Muslims persecute Christians- absolutely I condemn that.
When Buddhists persecute Muslims as they are doing to the Rohinga- I absolutely condemn that.

Meanwhile- Christians- and Muslims- and Jews- are not exempt from the laws of the United States- and can't for example- refuse to pay sales tax claiming some religious exemption.

Claims of religious motivations are not a license for discrimination any more than any other motivation.

If a preacher of any denomination wants to be authorized to perform civil marriages then he or she should be obliged to conform to the law of the land.

The law of the land is the 1st amendment, which guarantees free exercise of Religion.

And answer the question yes or no, so we know what type of extremist fucktard you are.

10 commandments don't mention pedophilia either, so it must be OK!

Dumbass Leftard.

Absolutely not.

Churches- and ministers- are discriminatory by nature- and as such- as long as they are performing a marriage as a religious ceremony- even if it is also a civil ceremony- can discriminate however they wish.

However, if they are acting as a business- not as a church- then they are subject to the laws related to business's.

I think he is being hypocritical.
He is complaining about being discriminated against whilst he is discriminating against others.
Laughable.

he discriminated against no one when selling his product in the locality in question.

The law, that applies to all businesses who use the market, btw, requires him to be non-discriminatory if he wants to use the market.

It's a close call..

Absolutely not.

Churches- and ministers- are discriminatory by nature- and as such- as long as they are performing a marriage as a religious ceremony- even if it is also a civil ceremony- can discriminate however they wish.

However, if they are acting as a business- not as a church- then they are subject to the laws related to business's.

Where does the 1st amendment say your free exercise rights end automatically when you are selling something?

Where does it limit it expressly to Churches and Clergy?

I think he is being hypocritical.
He is complaining about being discriminated against whilst he is discriminating against others.
Laughable.

he discriminated against no one when selling his product in the locality in question.

The law, that applies to all businesses who use the market, btw, requires him to be non-discriminatory if he wants to use the market.

It's a close call..

that law is too far reaching, as it tries to impact transactions outside its jurisdiction.

Dumbass Leftard.

LOL- I am not the Dumbass Contard who claimed Jesus never addressed murder.

I love how when I point out your ignorance- you just switch to something else.

So why do you think that the Bible never mentions child sexual assault?

Not anywhere? Not in the 10 Commandments. Not in Leviticus.

The only references in the Bible to child rape are inferential like this one:

After the Lord commanded Moses to have vengence:
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

"save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man"

Not exactly a condemnation of pedophilia

Absolutely not.

Where does the 1st amendment say your free exercise rights end automatically when you are selling something?

Where does the 1st Amendment say that a person doesn't have to follow the law if he think his faith say otherwise?

Dumbass Leftard.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

What's the Bible say about homosexuals?

Dumbass.

Dumbass Leftard.

Absolutely not.

This businessman did more than just exercise his free speech. He stated the discriminatory policy of his business.

Dumbass Leftard.

So you concede that just because the Constitution doesn't mention something specifically, that it doesn't mean that the Con

Absolutely not.

This businessman did more than just exercise his free speech. He stated the discriminatory policy of his business.
What? I'm still laughing to hard at you for trying to hide behind the 10 Commandments then running from them screaming like s little girl.

How could the baby be her body, as it has different DNA, different fingerprints, often different blood type and sex?

Until it is living outside of it, it's her body.

That's a made up excuse for those who want to use murder to hide their mistakes.
Almost every single abortion is for convenience and nothing more.

Is there any argument for the "right" of a woman to authorize the killing of her unborn baby that would not apply to her authorizing the similar slaughter of a year old that she was breastfeeding?

'cause....if there isn't, and one is murder, so, then, is the other.

That's called logic.

No, your views on abortion are not logical. They are based solely on your personal feelings about abortion. My views are logical. I want there never to be another abortion performed in this country...I just know that cannot be accomplished legislatively. I know the only way to reduce abortion is through science, education and free birth control.

I'm opposed to murder.

You're not?

I don't believe abortion is murder. The bible didn't either. I also don't believe in legislating what a woman can or cannot do with her own body...from abortion to prostitution.

"I don't believe abortion is murder."

Of course you do.

I proved earlier that the new individual is not a part of the mother's body...
...and that the abortion is for nothing more than convenience.

You're simply too cowardly to confront Liberal orthodoxy.
I'm not.

There are a number of clear biological facts, and all sorts of legal precedents, that easily refute the claim that the embryo or fetus is simply part of the mother's body.

1. An individual's body parts all share the same genetic code. If the unborn child were actually a part of the mother's body, the unborn's cells would have the same genetic code as the cells of the mother. This is not the case. Every cell of the unborn's body is genetically distinct from every cell in the mother's body.
  2. In many cases, the blood type of the unborn child is different than the blood type of the mother. Since one body cannot function with two different blood types, this is clearly not the mother's blood.
  3. In half of all pregnancies, the unborn child is a male, meaning that even the sex of the child is different from the mother.
  4. As Randy Alcorn states in his book Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, "A Chinese zygote implanted in a Swedish woman will always be Chinese, not Swedish, because his identity is based on his genetic code, not on that of the body in which he resides."1
  5. It is possible for a fetus to die while the mother lives, and it is possible for the mother to die while the fetus lives. This could not be true if the mother and child were simply one person.
  6. When the embryo implants in the lining of the uterus, it emits chemical substances which weaken the woman's immune system within the uterus so that this tiny "foreign" body is not rejected by the woman's body. Were this tiny embryo simply "part of the woman's body" there would be no need to locally disable the woman's immunities.
  7. It is illegal to execute a pregnant woman on death row because the fetus living inside her is a distinct human being who cannot be executed for the crimes of the mother (International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights: Article 6.5).
  8. When Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife, Laci, he was convicted on two counts of murder.
  9. Sir Albert Liley (the "Father of Fetology") made this observation in a 1970 speech entitled, "The Termination of Pregnancy or the Extermination of the Fetus?"
Physiologically, we must accept that the conceptus is, in a very large measure, in charge of the pregnancy.... Biologically, at no stage can we subscribe to the view that the fetus is a mere appendage of the mother.2

1. The late Christopher Hitchens, a prominent public intellectual, atheist, and abortion advocate wrote the following in his book, God is Not Great:
"As a materialist, I think it has been demonstrated that an embryo is a separate body and entity, and not merely (as some really did used to argue) a growth on or in the female body. There used to be feminists who would say that it was more like an appendix or even—this was seriously maintained—a tumor. That nonsense seems to have stopped… Embryology confirms morality. The words “unborn child,” even when used in a politicized manner, describe a material reality."3

Hitchens had other reasons for supporting legal abortion, but he recognized the absurdity of claiming that unborn children are simply part of the mother's body.

No matter how you spin it, women don't have four arms and four legs when they're pregnant. Those extra appendages belong to the tiny human being(s) living inside of them. At no point in pregnancy is the developing embryo or fetus simply a part of the mother's body.

Footnotes

1. Randy Alcorn, Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments (Multnomah Publishers, 2000) p. 57.
  2. Sir William Albert Liley,“The Termination of Pregnancy or the Extermination of the Fetus?” cited by Randy Alcorn, Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, 58.
  3. Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything (Hachette Book Group. Kindle Edition, 2009), 378-379.
Part of the Mother’s Body?

Is there any argument for the "right" of a woman to authorize the killing of her unborn baby that would not apply to her authorizing the similar slaughter of a year old that she was breastfeeding?

Dumbass Leftard.

So you concede that just because the Constitution doesn't mention something specifically, that it doesn't mean that the Con

Absolutely not.

What? I'm still laughing to hard at you for trying to hide behind the 10 Commandments then running from them screaming like s little girl.
Who's hiding behind the 10 Commandments?

You don't even follow them....especially the one against lying. Show us some more pics of Detroit.......that aren't Detroit.....

Dumbass Leftard.

Dumbass.
We're asking what Jesus said about homosexuals.....not Paul who what the 1st century's version of L. Ron Hubbard.

Dumbass Leftard.

Dumbass.
We're asking what Jesus said about homosexuals.....not Paul who what the 1st century's version of L. Ron Hubbard.
So pedophilia is ok to you moonbats because Jesus never mentioned it.

Dumbass Leftard.
You know nothing about the Golden Rule....and I would wager that you really believe what you posted....for the very reason you posted. That's the trouble with people like you......there is no clear line for you between actions that hurt no one and actions that hurt others. Best to keep people who cannot see that line far away from children.

Forum List

Back