Fargo season 3 starts tonight!

I can't wait. While I enjoyed season 1, I didn't really love the show until season 2, which was a masterpiece, IMO. I hope season 3 continues the greatness of this show.

I saw the miniseries on Sundance a couple years ago and that was really awesome.
Is the series based on that?

I'm not sure what miniseries you're referring to, but Fargo, the TV show, is entering it's 3rd season.

It's sort of a crime anthology show where each show, so far, takes place at different times with mostly different characters (some characters shows up in more than 1 season, but not many so far).

Season 1 took place in 2006, and it starred Billy Bob Thornton, Colin Hanks, and Martin Freeman.

Season 2 (my favorite) took place in 1979, and it starred Patrick Wilson, Kirsten Dunst, Ted Danson, and Jesse Plemons.

Season 3 reportedly takes place in 2010, and it stars Ewan McGregor, Michael Stuhlbarg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, etc.

What's great about this show is that so many character actors and even comedians show up in some great roles. It's a great ensemble cast show. It, so far, has been about corruption and rival gangs in the midwest. Supposedly, the murders in the show are based on real stories, but I'm sure they're dramatized for TV.

I thought season 1 was epic.
Season 2 continued the epicness.
Looks like season 3 will keep it going.

I didn't hate season 1, but I thought Billy Bob Thornton's character was a little unbelievable in terms of what he got away with. I did like it for its humor and acting. I really liked the two brothers (the mute and his non-mute brother who were hit men).

But season 2 just got everything perfect in terms of pacing, plot, characters, etc. IMO.

Season 3 looks to be very good and interesting so far. I read somewhere that at least 1 character from a prior season will show up in season 3, but no word on who yet.

Where is Billy Bob and all the actors who were in the prior seasons?

Where is Billy Bob and all the actors who were in the prior seasons?

Seasons 1 and 2 took place almost 30 years apart, so they don't share the same characters for the most part. But in season 1, they make references to stuff in the past that we later saw in season 2. There's also at least two characters in season 1 who play older versions of characters in season 1, but they were played by different actors.

Since season 3 takes place only 4 years after season 1, it's possible we may get some returning actors to reprise their roles.

I was wrong--it was on FX and it WAS season 1 of the show. I thought it was a miniseries. Anyway, I don't get FX anymore, so I didn't see 2, but if it was anything like 1, it's really better than the average cop show by about a hundred times.

I didn't hate season 1, but I thought Billy Bob Thornton's character was a little unbelievable in terms of what he got away with. I did like it for its humor and acting. I really liked the two brothers (the mute and his non-mute brother who were hit men).

But season 2 just got everything perfect in terms of pacing, plot, characters, etc. IMO.

Season 3 looks to be very good and interesting so far. I read somewhere that at least 1 character from a prior season will show up in season 3, but no word on who yet.
the insurance salesman was genius.

I was wrong--it was on FX and it WAS season 1 of the show. I thought it was a miniseries. Anyway, I don't get FX anymore, so I didn't see 2, but if it was anything like 1, it's really better than the average cop show by about a hundred times.

Yeah, season 2 is a lot better, IMO, but there are a lot of good, memorable characters in season 1.

Yeah, that was Martin Freeman from The Hobbit films. He was great in season 1. I liked Billy Bob Thornton's acting as well. It was just a bit hard for me to suspend disbelief at some of the stuff he got away with lol.

Yeah, season 2 is a lot better, IMO, but there are a lot of good, memorable characters in season 1.

Yeah, that was Martin Freeman from The Hobbit films. He was great in season 1. I liked Billy Bob Thornton's acting as well. It was just a bit hard for me to suspend disbelief at some of the stuff he got away with lol.
Very true, but he gave me the heebie jeebs anyway. Very, very evil psychopath. Faking being a dentist was the hardest one for me to swallow. Who can actually do that?

The movie was a classic.

I haven't seen the TV show.

Agreed. Fargo, the film, is a classic. If you like that and Coen Bros. films, definitely check out Blood Simple if you haven't already:

It's their first movie, and it's an awesome thriller more similar to Fargo and No Country for Old Men.

I was skeptical when I heard that they were making Fargo into a TV show, but Noah Hawley is a genius. After seeing the Fargo TV show and the Legion TV show, I'll watch just about anything he makes.

Big fan, was gonna make a thread, but I found this.

Season 1 was incredibly good. Billy Bob....

Season 2, was almost as good. And it had UFO's.

Season 3 has turned into some peculiar things after ep 8, and i can't wait to see how it ends! Great season as well! Mary Elizabeth Winstead is maybe the hottest chick on the planet!

I'll be happy to talk about Fargo after next episode.

The whole story about the old guy who was a sci-fi writer, has seemed to fall off the narrative. Even after devoting a whole episode to him.

I have to believe that it will still circle around to him. I'm so curious how they will do it, and tie all the strings in 2 more episodes...

My new favorite poker song, is lifted from season 1... I find it hard to lose when this is repeating.... It works so well for poker!

Soon as i heard it on season 3, i knew who was coming! That's another interesting thing that I want to see them circle around to...

\

My new favorite poker song, is lifted from season 1... I find it hard to lose when this is repeating.... It works so well for poker!

Soon as i heard it on season 3, i knew who was coming! That's another interesting thing that I want to see them circle around to...

\

That latest episode of season 3 was so epic. The first 20 minutes or so was some of the best television I've seen. The rest of the episode was good too, but that opening was flawless. I was also hyped to see his return. :)

Last edited:
Totally agree, the whole scene in the snowy woods was fantastic! Just totally gripping, and made you root for the "lesser of the bad guys". (which we were rooting for anyway)

And then... it went out of the box... :)

I'm still trying to come to grips with that, which is why I can't wait to see the next ep before I comment further. :)

Fargo always had the element of the supernatural in it, so this is gonna be a fun next 2 episodes!

So I watched ep 9 on Thursday, and watched it again tonight...

What a great episode!! From start to finish, it was full-throttle!

However, there's 1 episode left, and either it is going to be even more high-octane than this one, or... (this is where my conspiracy theories kick in)

It was kinda weird how the network and producers have been leaking that there may be no season 4... Why would they prematurely do that with a kick-ass show, earning emmy nominations left and right in seasons 1 and 2?

And here's my theory... Season 3 will not end next week, like 1 & 2 have previously. The story will extend to a season 4. The story of V.M. Vagra and Nikki Swango will continue to another season, because there is still so much left to tell. And I don't think they can wrap it up nicely and satisfactorily in one last 48 min episode.

So the reason why they're saying that there may be no season 4... Is because season 4 is already in the works! Like Emmit said about a lie being true if you believe it.

And again, this is purely a personal theory, I don't think the finale will end this story. And it will be the 1st season to carry over into 2 seasons. I could be 100% wrong, but if I'm right, you heard it here first! :)

But besides all that, what a kick-ass episode!! Swango and Wrench!!! :)

Forum List

Back