Far Right Wing Violence Has Skyrocketed Since Obama Elected

Liberals don't need facts. They make it up as they go along with what ever the agenda needs. Right now the agenda requires a foundation to start making arrests.

CaféAuLait;6689686 said:
The KKK has about 5 people in it.

The report says 10,000. That does not include Neo-Nazi, Ayran Nation or Skinheads.

A gross exaggeration. I wold like to see how they substantiate those figures.

I don't think it is an exaggeration to be honest. I was looking for what criteria they were using for these Militia attacks though. What news reports, etc. I see 87 attacks associated to Militia's for an 11 year period. Meaning all the other ‘extreme right wing attacks” were the result of the Skinheads, Neo-Nazi’s, KKK, and the Aryan Nation’s. ALL extremely violent groups which have been active for years.

The KKK has about 5 people in it.

Are you that fucking daft, or just willfully ignorant?

3,000-5000.

By saying "just 5", makes me think you're just out to protect them by trying to play down their numbers.

3,000-5000 is not a lot of people, but 5? Give me a fucking break.

That's the estimate by the Southern Poverty Law Center. They're credibility is zero.

Oh. Really now?

Historically, the organization had the following members:
1st Klan 550,000
2nd Klan 3,000,000–6,000,000[1] (peaked in 1920–1925 period)

But the 3rd Klan... modern times, around around 5,000 is suddenly SOOOO outlandish. 5,000 isn't a credible number at all!

But 5?

Oh yeah 5 is so fucking credible.

You know why it's credible to you?

Because that's how high you can count on 1 hand, son.

Grow up, junior.

The author of the article also claims that the violence went up long before Obama took office, yet the title tries to insinuate that Obama is the reason for the increase. I see too many statements that are opinion and not enough hard stats. You'd think the news would have been full of stories about this the last decade.

I think this is more propaganda. And I think there is a tendency to paint some groups as rightwing just for effect.

If you do a little research on Arie Perliger, you'll see he likes to sing the virtues of liberalism. Not to be trusted because he has a clear agenda.

Last edited:
Not that it's to anyone's surprise, but since Obama became the nominee for president, radical right wing violence has soared.

"A report published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point Military Academy on Jan. 15 discusses the potential dangers of “violent far-right” organizations, which has angered some conservatives that believe the military should focus on international threats.

The executive summary of the paper, “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right,” claims that “since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self- identify with the far-right of American politics.”

Written by Arie Perliger, Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and an Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences at West Point, the paper asserts that three distinct ideologies exist in the “American violent far right.” Those are “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement,” the last of which “includes mainly Christian Identity groins such as the Aryan Nations.”

“Findings indicate that…it is not only feelings of deprivation that motivate those involved in far right violence, but also the sense of empowerment that emerges when the political system is perceived to be increasingly permissive to far right ideas,” it later reads.

The rise in attacks in the 21st century were significant, as “Although in the 1990s the average number of attacks per year was 70.1, the average number of attacks per year in the first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%.”

West Point study on ?violent far right? shows ?dramatic rise? in attacks | The Raw Story

Right, how about you actually read the report instead of believing the crap people print about it. Here's a link:

Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America?s Violent Far-Right | Combating Terrorism Center at West Point

I got some great laughs from it.

The states with the highest murder rates are all bright red. Fail from you as usual.

chicago, all liberal, no guns allowed, 500 murders in one year.. it's irrefutable.

So black gang bangers are liberals? Absolute idiocy LOL- And they can buy the new semi-autos at gun shows and red states- bring them in by the ton and sell them. Great job, pubbies. THAT may be solved soon. 86% are for univers background checks, tin foilers.

RW militias and fundamentalists are NAZIS- they don't need semi-autos. THAT may not happen, but it probably should. Maybe through background checks, registration of semis, background checks on bullets in the long run.

NOBODY wants to stop rifles and shotguns- that's all anybody needs.
So is the agenda being revealed in post such as these, otherwise is this what was to be expected from Obama and his followers thus giving insight into his and his followers agenda? Do tell more of this agenda please...Americans sure want to know about these things..

That Aryan Nation is not a Christian Identity group. The Aryan Nation is composed of outlaw gangs who do what outlaw gangs do. They commit crimes and deal in drugs and guns. Illegal guns. The largest Aryan Nation gang is Vagos. They are absolutely not Christians.

The states with the highest murder rates are all bright red. Fail from you as usual.

chicago, all liberal, no guns allowed, 500 murders in one year.. it's irrefutable.

So black gang bangers are liberals? Absolute idiocy LOL- And they can buy the new semi-autos at gun shows and red states- bring them in by the ton and sell them. Great job, pubbies. THAT may be solved soon. 86% are for univers background checks, tin foilers.

RW militias and fundamentalists are NAZIS- they don't need semi-autos. THAT may not happen, but it probably should. Maybe through background checks, registration of semis, background checks on bullets in the long run.

NOBODY wants to stop rifles and shotguns- that's all anybody needs.

Why is assuming black gang bangers are liberals absolute idiocy? Anyone who is white with a gun is automatically considered to be right wing, yes?

That Aryan Nation is not a Christian Identity group. The Aryan Nation is composed of outlaw gangs who do what outlaw gangs do. They commit crimes and deal in drugs and guns. Illegal guns. The largest Aryan Nation gang is Vagos. They are absolutely not Christians.

But that is how the report lumps Christian Identity groups in the PDF file in the OP, it includes the Aryan Nation.

It doesn't address the topic to try misdirection by saying - "hey look at violence from THIS group."

Is crime and violence a problem in crowded and economically depressed areas that are heavily populated by black people? You betcha?

Is violence a problem in radical right-wing Islamic groups? Yup.

None of that changes the fact that the the radical right within the U.S. is also an increasing source of violence.

The radical right in the U.S. has a lot more in common with the radical right in Iran they they do with real Americans.
Do you actually know what a real American is anymore, because that is a problem in and of itself these days (identifying who is American, and who is not by their actions taken)... American redefining itself is a problem that seems to have growing pains involved, and thus is leading to violence that can show up any where and at anytime anymore, even in some of the darndest places it is popping up, and amongst some of the most unlikely people we are finding now engaging in such violence these days, and this as opposed to what we have seen in the past.

500 deaths by liberals in Chicago alone.. in one year.
How much of that was black on black crime I wonder ?

500 deaths by liberals in Chicago alone.. in one year.

Ok, so who was killing who in those states ?

Oh my god, you people NEVER FUCKING STOP with the remarks about black people.

Are you that fucking daft, or just willfully ignorant?

3,000-5000.

By saying "just 5", makes me think you're just out to protect them by trying to play down their numbers.

3,000-5000 is not a lot of people, but 5? Give me a fucking break.

That's the estimate by the Southern Poverty Law Center. They're credibility is zero.

Oh. Really now?

1st Klan 550,000

But the 3rd Klan... modern times, around around 5,000 is suddenly SOOOO outlandish. 5,000 isn't a credible number at all!

But 5?

Grow up, junior.

My, my, my, don't we have our panties in a tight little knot.

The reason the Southern Poverty Law Center isn't credible is the fact that it has been caught lying and inventing "facts" so many times.

Is my figure unrealistic? Who says yours is any better? Historical figures are meaningless. You now how may employees Digital Equipment Corp had historically? How many does it have now?

Awe don't spoil his fun now...

Oh. Really now?

1st Klan 550,000

But 5?

Grow up, junior.

My, my, my, don't we have our panties in a tight little knot.

The reason the Southern Poverty Law Center isn't credible is the fact that it has been caught lying and inventing "facts" so many times.

Is my figure unrealistic? Who says yours is any better? Historical figures are meaningless. You now how may employees Digital Equipment Corp had historically? How many does it have now?

That's okay buddy, you can go to conservapedia where you can find your "credible" sources of information.

Can you demonstrate these times when Southern Poverty Law Center has "been caught lying and inventing 'facts' so many times"?

You know... and provide credible sources when doing so. Things that aren't from blogs or elsewhere. Things that are really credible, really concrete. I'm sure without any effort you can pull up at least as many as you can count on one hand.

The fact of the matter is, EVERY source of information on the matter cites approximately 3,000 to 5,000. And you know, I haven't found a single source, save for this very little board, that estimated the count to be 5.

Last edited:
OH WAIT. I'm sorry son, even Conservapedia, your credible and trustworthy conservative encyclopedia of knowledge believes in the few thousands of members number too.

Not that it's to anyone's surprise, but since Obama became the nominee for president, radical right wing violence has soared.

"A report published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point Military Academy on Jan. 15 discusses the potential dangers of “violent far-right” organizations, which has angered some conservatives that believe the military should focus on international threats.

The executive summary of the paper, “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right,” claims that “since 2007, there has been a dramatic rise in the number of attacks and violent plots originating from individuals and groups who self- identify with the far-right of American politics.”

Written by Arie Perliger, Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and an Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences at West Point, the paper asserts that three distinct ideologies exist in the “American violent far right.” Those are “a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement,” the last of which “includes mainly Christian Identity groins such as the Aryan Nations.”

“Findings indicate that…it is not only feelings of deprivation that motivate those involved in far right violence, but also the sense of empowerment that emerges when the political system is perceived to be increasingly permissive to far right ideas,” it later reads.

The rise in attacks in the 21st century were significant, as “Although in the 1990s the average number of attacks per year was 70.1, the average number of attacks per year in the first 11 years of the twenty-first century was 307.5, a rise of more than 400%.”

West Point study on ?violent far right? shows ?dramatic rise? in attacks | The Raw Story

Can you point out some of the latest violence committed by the right wing?

Forum List

Back