Famous Libertarians

Always the same dullards show up to sully libertarian threads. If i didn't already know why they do it, I'd have to wonder.

Basically, it's a lack of the intelligence needed to grasp the ideas. Take Shallow for instance.....

Unfortunately, if a Libertarian president was ever elected the government would be gripped in total gridlock. (even worse than it is today)

The Democrats and Republicans would join forces to make sure the Libertarian was a 1 term president.

The nation would be totally paralyzed and the American citizen would suffer as never before. .. :cool:

I heart you Sunni but you don't know that to be a fact.. Libertarians err on the side of freedom, liberty. Take same sex marriage, the Libertarian Platform actually supports it- not because it condones it but because libertarians want government out of the business in legislating morality. While my belief is that homosexuality and abortion are wrong, I don't want the government forcing that morality on anyone.. Just as the government has no business in legalizing it either. You either support liberty or you support fascism.

Unfortunately, if a Libertarian president was ever elected the government would be gripped in total gridlock. (even worse than it is today)
Good.

The less those jackwagons do the better.
The Democrats and Republicans would join forces to make sure the Libertarian was a 1 term president.
Again, good.

Then the powerlusting statists in both parties would smoke themselves out for who they are.

I heart you Sunni but you don't know that to be a fact.. Libertarians err on the side of freedom, liberty. Take same sex marriage, the Libertarian Platform actually supports it- not because it condones it but because libertarians want government out of the business in legislating morality. While my belief is that homosexuality and abortion are wrong, I don't want the government forcing that morality on anyone.. Just as the government has no business in legalizing it either. You either support liberty or you support fascism.
Don't get me wrong.....I would like to see a viable third party become part of the political landscape.

I'm just saying the 'D's ' and 'R's' would gang up to destroy any 3rd party.

And they could care less how much it hurt the country or the citizens. .. :cool:

Don't get me wrong.....I would like to see a viable third party become part of the political landscape.

And they could care less how much it hurt the country or the citizens. .. :cool:

You're right Sunni.. it's all about power and control for them.. It has zero to do with actually caring about this country and the people who are suffering out here.

They already have in so many ways, not the least of which are ballot access laws.

Those people are so famous I have not heard of 95 percent of them. It's also hilarious they listed them by their first names.

Did you notice they counted Penn Jillette twice? :lol:

And I think Letterman would be surprised to learn he is a Libertarian. Methinks someone took some liberties.

Pretty much everybody has libertarian urges. It's all in where you draw the line. If there's no line at all, you're an anarchist, which is basically what Rand thought hard-core libertarians are, despite their protestations to the contrary.

Are you saying Anarchists don't have a line in the sand? I mean I do...I don't want people just going around killing people...I believe in no government because government is inherently evil.

I'm saying that's what Rand said. I have to agree with her there. You can "want" whatever you like, but without some sort of government to back it up, you're prey to who ever is the strongest.

Some R's are there for being fiscal conservatives and the Constitution being upheld. :eusa_angel:

And the Marxist press has an agenda that is insidious to fiscal conservatism and lately, to law and order. :(

Pretty much everybody has libertarian urges. It's all in where you draw the line. If there's no line at all, you're an anarchist, which is basically what Rand thought hard-core libertarians are, despite their protestations to the contrary.

Are you saying Anarchists don't have a line in the sand? I mean I do...I don't want people just going around killing people...I believe in no government because government is inherently evil.

What "exactly" do you think keeps people from killing people.

You have 2 choices really. You have a government, or you are armed to the teeth and constantly watching your back.
nonsense...there have been anarchist societies before...

I'm saying that's what Rand said. I have to agree with her there. You can "want" whatever you like, but without some sort of government to back it up, you're prey to who ever is the strongest.

Well Rand was wrong there...We don't need government which uses violence and coercion and strong arming to get what it wants to make sure the rest of us don't use violence. That's just a dumb idea TBH

Libertarianism strikes me as a utopian philosophy that is not really workable in the real world. It has never been adopted, elected, or tried at any national level. I'm not eager to let the U.S. be the guinea pig, but I would be interested in seeing how the practical applications world themselves out - somewhere else.

Libertarians do not support gay marriage. They support the government being out of marriage entirely. That means they would take away your married tax return, your Social Security survivor benefits, and the thousand other cash and prizes government gives to you for being married.

They would also take away your mortgage interest deduction, your child tax credit, and every other tax deduction, credit, loophole, and boondoggle of which you currently take advantage.

That last part is actually something I fully support, and even started a topic about it as one of several solutions to the problems facing our country.

But people are more interested in whining here.

Always the same dullards show up to sully libertarian threads. If i didn't already know why they do it, I'd have to wonder.

Basically, it's a lack of the intelligence needed to grasp the ideas. Take Shallow for instance.....

Talk about a lack of intelligence, the Opening Post is essentially arguing, "You should be a Libertarian because these people you never heard of are Libertarians." It's the weakest argumentum ad populum ever!

Libertarians do not support gay marriage. They support the government being out of marriage entirely. That means they would take away your married tax return, your Social Security survivor benefits, and the thousand other cash and prizes government gives to you for being married.

They would also take away your mortgage interest deduction, your child tax credit, and every other tax deduction, credit, loophole, and boondoggle of which you currently take advantage.
Libertarians are all for common law contractual marriage....If gays want in on that it's no skin off my ass.

That said, libertarians are very much against all the special, cash, prizes and other special carve-outs that gubmint extends to favored groups....What's wrong with that?

This is the problem I have with Libertarians. They always try to go for a Presidential candidate. That's not what you need.

You need to build the party from the ground up. You need to get people to elect libertarians at local levels build strong parties in the local area so you have enough support to successfully run a Presidential campaign.

You have no real plan for success if you just look for famous libertarians to run for President. Get the people supporting you at the local levels and you will win the presidentially eventually.

This is the problem I have with Libertarians. They always try to go for a Presidential candidate. That's not what you need.

You need to build the party from the ground up. You need to get people to elect libertarians at local levels build strong parties in the local area so you have enough support to successfully run a Presidential campaign.

You have no real plan for success if you just look for famous libertarians to run for President. Get the people supporting you at the local levels and you will win the presidentially eventually.
Then you really know nothing about the LP.

They've had numerous candidates win local ans state elections.

Forum List

Back