Famous Liberals in our history

Back to our original list, can someone name some notable conservatives?

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

Anyone?? Anyone??

There must be one conservative we can be proud of

Richard Nixon wasn't a conservative. He's actually the most liberal president we've had. And not only wouldn't the republicans elect him today, he wouldn't make it onto the ballot. They'd call him a "RINO".

Hint: Liberalism has nothing to do with state control

That is only right wing fear mongering

the take over of banks, gm, health care etc prove you to be one dumb fucking liar.

I did not see a single private entity stepping in to rescue these industries. The banks are already paying back the TARP money and removing themselves from government oversight.

If we meant to keep them we would

private companies are not stupid enough to step in and "rescue" them. oh, forgot, need to add amtrack to the list.

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

Anyone?? Anyone??

Richard Nixon wasn't a conservative. He's actually the most liberal president we've had. And not only wouldn't the republicans elect him today, he wouldn't make it onto the ballot. They'd call him a "RINO".

He did have his moments though. Monica Crowley spent allot of time with him, and has nothing but good to say about the man.

the take over of banks, gm, health care etc prove you to be one dumb fucking liar.

I did not see a single private entity stepping in to rescue these industries. The banks are already paying back the TARP money and removing themselves from government oversight.

If we meant to keep them we would

private companies are not stupid enough to step in and "rescue" them. oh, forgot, need to add amtrack to the list.

Pretty cool scheme, right under everyone's noses. Big payoff for Big Government and Big Banking, with other peoples money. And Who owns all those Inflated Mortgages? Who gets the Taxes? I feel so good with the likes of Charles Rangel and Barney Franks, and Chriss Dodd, And Harry Reid, And Chuck Schumer, watching over our asses. They really know their shit. They sure can break it down. We will be unraveling this cluster fuck for years to come.

I get the feeling you don't impress many folks here.\

Lack of knowing what the hell you're talking about can do that.

CYA CeCe.

::yawn:: "You didn't kiss my ass immediately, so I think you're a poopyhead, and no one likes you, you big meany!" Time for someone to spank his inner moppet.

Peoplewho propagate the revisionist history of the Great Depression, the facts are not on your side:

newdealeconomy1.jpg

Hey, one random chart. THAT certainly puts us in our place . . . oh, wait. It doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Oh.....it doesn't??

GDP rises significantly
Unemployment falls significantly

Kind of shoots holes in your theories about FDR doesn't it?

If my theory were that whoever-the-hell-this-source-is believes that the GDP did nothing but fall and unemployment did nothing but rise, then yes, it would. Since I don't even know who the source of your random, pulled-out-of-your-ass chart is, though, my theory could hardly involve them, now could it? Which also means that it can't "shoot the hell out" of any of my REAL theories, insofar as - and please take the time to write this down, so that you don't have to be schooled on sounding like a jackass this way again in the future - UNCONTEXTED SHIT FROM UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE A DUMBASS.

I can produce ten charts from the Internet indexing the ratio of people abducting by aliens to those who are then anally probed by the aforementioned aliens, but it doesn't actually prove that they weren't all just drunk or stoned.

1. Jesus Christ
2. George Washington
3. Abe Lincoln
4. Gandhi
5. Martin Luther King
6. Ben Franklin
7. FDR
8. Thomas Jefferson
9. JFK
10. James Madison

And what exactly have the conservatives done for us?

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

You mean, can we do what you did, and go through history randomly picking people we like and claiming ideological brotherhood with them? Sure, but that would make us sound like a bunch of puerile asswipes just like you, so why would we want to?

1. Jesus Christ
2. George Washington
3. Abe Lincoln
4. Gandhi
5. Martin Luther King
6. Ben Franklin
7. FDR
8. Thomas Jefferson
9. JFK
10. James Madison

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

Nixon imposed wage and price controls. There's nothing conservative about that.

Why bother? Why not correct Your List First. At Least 8 on Your List Side with the Individual Over The State, which disqualifies them from Being Liberal Kool-Aid Drinkers like You. Your Foundation is based on Fraud. You Centralized Government, one size fits all girlie man. Shame on you Statist. Big Brother sure owns your ass.

You have no concept of what a liberal is

Thank- you come again

Maybe, but he sure knows what YOU are. He's not only got your number, he's running up huge bills calling China with it right now.

Why bother? Why not correct Your List First. At Least 8 on Your List Side with the Individual Over The State, which disqualifies them from Being Liberal Kool-Aid Drinkers like You. Your Foundation is based on Fraud. You Centralized Government, one size fits all girlie man. Shame on you Statist. Big Brother sure owns your ass.

You have no concept of what a liberal is

Thank- you come again

Maybe, but he sure knows what YOU are. He's not only got your number, he's running up huge bills calling China with it right now.

I'm afraid you have it backward. It is liberals who side with the rights of the individual over the rights of the state. Conservatives only do it when it comes to guns

This is the way, as I see it, Cecille works:

Cece: That poster's post is 100% complete and utter bullshit.

Reply: Why is it bullshit?

Cece: Cause I say it is. That's why.

Reply: Can you tell us why you say that?

Cece: No, I don't have to tell you anything. It's just bullshit.

Reply: So you won't say why, you'll just say: It's bullshit.

Cece: Yup. Who the hell do you think you are asking me to back up my claims?

Just another day in the vast cavern of the conserv0-mind.

1. Jesus Christ
2. George Washington
3. Abe Lincoln
4. Gandhi
5. Martin Luther King
6. Ben Franklin
7. FDR
8. Thomas Jefferson
9. JFK
10. James Madison

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

Why? You have yet to adequately define exactly what a conservative is. Despite being asked to by the very next post after your OP.

The fact that you can't just goes to show the board that you're not interested in anything but partisan hackery. So why should someone take you seriously anymore and answer your questions?

I'll start
1. Joe McCarthy
2. Richard Nixon
3. Dick Cheney
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. George Bush

Anyone?? Anyone??

Yup.

Anyone?? Anyone??

Yup.

True. The only truly conservative thing about Nixon was his willingness to oppose Communists in his career in Congress.

1. Jesus Christ
2. George Washington
3. Abe Lincoln
4. Gandhi
5. Martin Luther King
6. Ben Franklin
7. FDR
8. Thomas Jefferson
9. JFK
10. James Madison

<yawn>

Isn't it sort of depressing to be so irrelevant? I know it's depressing to me to log in and see this as the best the Left has to offer.

One of My Favorite Famous Liberals in History.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTOHrl8MNVI]YouTube - Gregory Peck Interview with Jimmy Carter[/ame]

Forum List

Back