Families of Orlando nightclub shooting victims sue Facebook, twitter, and google

Do you think these social media sites should be sued?

• yes

• no

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got a cup of coffee at McDonalds' this morning, and spilled it on my left testicle and received 3rd degree burns. Is McDonalds' responsible? Should I sue?

They should be suing the government for failing to track these terrorists on social media and arresting them.

No they aren't. Its like blaming a gun for a murder.
I wish they weren't flaming hypocrites but they are. The people should revolt against these assholes. Not bring in the government.
No different than passing a background check...Or selling an illegal weapon.....They are culpable
Yes, social media is absolutely responsible for a mass murder...
Come on man.
The only one responsible is the one who did it.
Come on nothing........Make up your minds people either take common sense steps to protect yourself or get rdy for extreme measures as it gets worse. Ya think FDR...TRUMAN.. EISENHOWER Would allow this.....Isis is enemy.....There is a declared war............I'm tired of govt showing up and mocking the dead by admitting they knew about a terrorist and did nothing
Common sense = big govt

I wish they weren't flaming hypocrites but they are. The people should revolt against these assholes. Not bring in the government.
No different than passing a background check...Or selling an illegal weapon.....They are culpable
Come on man.
Come on nothing........Make up your minds people either take common sense steps to protect yourself or get rdy for extreme measures as it gets worse. Ya think FDR...TRUMAN.. EISENHOWER Would allow this.....Isis is enemy.....There is a declared war............I'm tired of govt showing up and mocking the dead by admitting they knew about a terrorist and did nothing
Common sense = big govt
actually the opposite...they are getting sued by private parties for failing to do what they claim they do

I wonder how many family members of those murdered, voted for Big Ears and Cankles? Those who did, would seem to have a death wish.

How many Americans must die, before we dump these Islamic sympathizing asshole politicians?
Fascinating take......this is a Drumplethinskin voter view?

Come on man.
Common sense = big govt
actually the opposite...they are getting sued by private parties for failing to do what they claim they do
Enforced by whom?

I can actually see the point the families are making. Of course, Google, Facebook and Twitter don't approve of terrorism, but by allowing the bastards to use their boards to spread their hate and their knowledge, Mateen was possibly radicalized. Everyone is screaming that we must STOP the jihadi's, but they are equally good at squirming out of taking responsibility or making any personal sacrifices. Even a community bulletin board at the laundromat has some kind of "censorship" by the owners, and the only way to keep total garbage like ISIS propaganda and Pizzagate out of circulation is to hold the "publishers" liable. SOMEONE has to step up and take responsibility.
This is a pandoras box. I mean, they should verify every post and account? Is that even plausible? Probably not. Unless they hire another 10 million people.
So lets treat this like everything else Americans are too lazy to do and let the government do it. Then, when they are regulated to death, they can start charging for the shit. Ruin everyone elses enjoyment because a few people cant put the blame where it belongs..
GO AMERICA

You're writing of an industry making ten's of trillions every year. Why would it be a bad thing for them to hire 10 million people?

I got a cup of coffee at McDonalds' this morning, and spilled it on my left testicle and received 3rd degree burns. Is McDonalds' responsible? Should I sue?

If McDonalds had a platform that gave the instructions on how to burn you.

Forum List

Back